• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Hotels Suffering

MrT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Bookings at Trump Hotels Plummet

Donald Trump has garnered a lot of attention as a Republican presidential candidate. But how has this attention impacted his business interests? Are sales up or down?

The results? Bookings at Trump Hotels are down big time: they have decreased 59% compared to the same period last year on Hipmunk. It seems that customers willing to spend $500 a night on a Trump Hotel room may not be fans of Trump the political candidate.

So far, it appears that Trump's campaign of bullying, lying, racism, sexism, and xenophobia has really hurt the bottom line. Whether this type of damage applies on a more permanent basis will largely depend upon whether Trump wins in November. Here's to hoping that the damage is permanent.

For those interested in the methodology, some more detailed findings, and a limitation to the data, here you go:

To answer this question, we analyzed hotel data from Hipmunk, a Priceonomics customer and travel search engine. Focusing on Trump Hotels’ most-booked locations, we compared bookings this year to the previous year (before Trump attracted national political attention).

Prior to his political rise, Trump Hotels were quite popular, garnering 1.7% of all bookings on Hipmunk in the major cities where Trump Hotels are located. But in the past three months, Trump Hotels have been much less popular. Bookings are down 59% versus the the same three month period in the prior year.

That said, like with any analysis, caveats apply to this one: This data comes from the the Hipmunk travel search engine, whose users may skew younger and more urban than the general population.

Bwahahahaha

Karma is a bitch.

So far, it appears that Trump's campaign of bullying, lying, racism, sexism, and xenophobia has really hurt the bottom line. Whether this type of damage applies on a more permanent basis will largely depend upon whether Trump wins in November. Here's to hoping that the damage is permanent.

Nobody knows if Trump even owns part of Trump Hotels. He might need to book a room like anyone else.

This is another nail in the coffin to the claims people have been making that Trump is running for president to enrich himself.

This is another nail in the coffin to the claims people have been making that Trump is running for president to enrich himself.

...or if he still is trying to enrich himself, then it's another point in the "Trump makes poor business calculations" ledger

We dont have enough information to enable us to reach the claimed conclusion. Maybe Trump Org no longer likes this one outlet, and thus only allows them to sell at a higher price than other outlets, or several other things could be going on. Trump has a lot of partners, so if the brand is suffering it will not be hard to get real proof. If this is happening and is because the organization is suffering in Trumps absence then that would be a real problem.

Ha ha ha..way to polish the turd!!!!

The lying is being done by people like you who continue to falsely claim that Trump engages in racism, sexism and xenophobia. Perhaps you might stick to the fearmongering falsehoods you peddle in the AGW threads

The lying is being done by people like you who continue to falsely claim that Trump engages in racism, sexism and xenophobia. Perhaps you might stick to the fearmongering falsehoods you peddle in the AGW threads

Are you a Trump supporter?

Or maybe I know more than you about how hotels sell space, and change how they sell space.

The only you know more about is apologizing for a racist demogogue. You really are good at that.

The only you know more about is apologizing for a racist demogogue. You really are good at that.

I dont know what is going on with Trump hotel bookings, and I dont know how the contracts are written with his partners so if they are down I dont know how much it hurts him, I also dont know how much he cares. I will look at new information as it become available. I do note however that reinoe is spot on to point out that the allegedly wise ones were heavily claiming for over 6 months that Trump is not serious about getting this gig. If his business that he intends to leave to his kids (who he cares very much about) is taking in the shorts because of this run then that certainly is not true. This could be another area in a long list that the wannabe betters of the little people have proven incompetent/wrong at.

Be aware TopCat that you are rapidly establishing yourself as someone who is not worth talking to, even for chit chat. If you want to have an open to socialize with me you will need to adjust your behaviour going forwards.

Last edited:
I dont know what is going on with Trump hotel bookings, and I dont know how the contracts are written with his partners so if they are down I dont know how much it hurts him, I also dont know how much he cares. I will look at new information as it become available. I do note however that reinoe is spot on to point out that the allegedly wise ones were heavily claiming for over 6 months that Trump is not serious about getting this gig. If his business that he intends to leave to his kids (who he cares very much about) is taking in the shorts because of this run then that certainly is not true. This could be another area in a long list that the wannabe betters of the little people have proven incompetent/wrong at.

Be aware TopCat that you are rapidly establishing yourself as someone who is not worth talking to, even for chit chat. If you want to have an open to socialize with me you will need to adjust your behaviour going forwards.

Lol. You got there in your first week.

Lol. You got there in your first week.

he insists that he is familiar with hotel booking practices, yet shows us no basis to conclude that the data presented is illegitimate
but he has also shared with us that he personally knows the experiences of putting a business into bankruptcy
then why would we want to accept his business perspectives as superior given such a piss poor CV

Nobody knows if Trump even owns part of Trump Hotels. He might need to book a room like anyone else.

This.

The guy rents his name out. He's no longer a real estate developer, not after he took a bath on Trump Tower in Chicago in 2008. He's a huckster and reality TV star.

This.

The guy rents his name out. He's no longer a real estate developer, not after he took a bath on Trump Tower in Chicago in 2008. He's a huckster and reality TV star.

Who personally took home $547 million last year in income from his day job, that he routinely works 70 or so hours a week on, with his kids, who love him and are great, and with his wife who is built boom-boom specs and is smart and is as nose to the grindstone as Trump is.

he insists that he is familiar with hotel booking practices, yet shows us no basis to conclude that the data presented is illegitimate
but he has also shared with us that he personally knows the experiences of putting a business into bankruptcy
then why would we want to accept his business perspectives as superior given such a piss poor CV

I dont have time for you right now, I am watching All in the Family on YouTube.

Sorry.

Who personally took home $547 million last year in income from his day job [while paying zero in taxes], that he routinely works 70 or so hours a week on [as does every Presidential candidate], with his kids, who love him and are great [and don't forget his daughter that he wants to bang], and with his wife who is built boom-boom specs and is smart and is as nose to the grindstone as Trump is [and whose nude photos will be plastered on the walls of every foreign leader].

Just went ahead and factored in some relevant facts to your post.

Just went ahead and factored in some relevant facts to your post.

Sounds like you are an import who has not figured things out yet. The American dream is getting ahead on smarts and hard work, because America lets us when no other place does to the same degree, and Trump is a big winner in achieving that.

Due respect.

Oh FFS. How so very pathetic.

Pathetic? Like basing a political argument on a decline in bookings on a third party software system (one out dozens of such services)

Dont worry, he will just declare bankrupt again, and let his Wall Street friends bail him out again and leave the bill with the taxpayer. After all 4 times or 5 or more times.. not really that big a difference.

Pathetic? Like basing a political argument on a decline in bookings on a third party software system (one out dozens of such services)

What political argument is being made? This is a story about the economic impact of Trump's candidacy on his hotels.

And yes, the data is limited and subject to caveats like the one in the OP. And if contradictory evidence is put forth from a different source, then we will have reason to be skeptical of the conclusion.

Sounds like you are an import who has not figured things out yet. The American dream is getting ahead on smarts and hard work, because America lets us when no other place does to the same degree, and Trump is a big winner in achieving that.

Due respect.

Uh. No. Trump is a big winner in "being born into the right family", which is more of a European tradition.

Back
Top Bottom