• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Hotels Suffering

Misogyny has an objective definition, but deciding that someone has a hatred, dislike or mistrust of a demographic group does require a subjective interpretation.
False. Me referring to an individual woman or small group of women as bimbos does not and cannot reasonably be 'subjectively' determined to be interpreted as me feeling that way about women in general. That is just you making a leap that you cannot support.
You are correct to note that I cannot prove that he is a misogynist.
Case closed.
And that is because I am not Donald Trump. I am left to interpret his words and deeds. And when your words and deeds are directed against enough individuals of a particular demographic for reasons that go beyond a mere description of who they and their particular characteristics, then you raise yourself to the level of the label.
You are not Donald Trump, but you are similar in that you smear people who you dislike or disagree with. He calls people childish names, like bimbo, in order to discredit them, you call people names, like misogynist or racist, in order to discredit them. You hate what you are and who can blame you.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot. You would probably agree that Hillary is corrupt or a liar, right? But what if I responded by saying that the instances you cite as examples for why Hillary is corrupt and/or a liar are singular instances that applied to that particular situation. And thus, because you are unable to prove that she applies the same to all situations, you have not proven Hillary to be corrupt and/or a liar.
The difference lies in the word and its definition. To be a misogynist requires that you look at all women with hatred or a feeling of superiority. An accurate word for Trump is bully because he bullies everyone--male, female, black, white, everyone. You are breaking down his behavior by group so you can smear and discredit him. He treats everyone the same. If you disagree with Trump--be you male or female--he will attack you personally. Here is an example:

Person A: Mr. Trump I disagree with your stance on the boarder.
Trump: Well no one cares what you think because you are an ugly loser.

Now, Person A could be male or female, it matters not to Trump. Any disagreement is viewed by Trump as a personal attack so he launches a personal attack in return. Its incredibly childish and insecure but for you and others to claim it to be misogynist when he does it to women is every bit as dumb.

I really don't understand this defense. You are presented with multiple instances of someone acting in a misogynistic manner, but because he didn't apply those statements or actions to all females, you believe it is inaccurate to call him a misogynist? Would you feel better if I left the accusation as he is making statements and performing deeds that are misogynistic in nature?
NO. I don't think that calling a particular woman a name meets the objective definition of misogyny. If it did, everyone is misogynist. You seem to want Trump to treat women differently than he does men. THAT would be sexist.

First, I explicitly agreed with you that leftist have uttered a word so horrible as "bimbo" and that they were misogynistic for making that statement. Second, you are absolutely wrong to believe that no one believed those uses were misogynistic. I would go ahead and try to find a particular citation, but you are just as likely to dismiss the evidence as evidence of more "liberal dishonesty." Let me know if I am wrong in that assumption and I will go ahead and present evidence of someone fighting back against those attacks as misogynistic.

But before I do, let me ask you this: You brought up those examples of leftists because of what? Did you really and truly just ask them as an ironic example of where someone could have accused them of misogyny (but would have been wrong to do so) or did you bring them up because you wanted to illustrate hypocrisy?
I didn't bring them up as evidence of liberal misogyny. I brought them up as evidence of liberal hypocrisy.

Jesus ****ing Christ. The amount of rationalization and normalization going on here.

Seriously dude, what is wrong with you?

Nothing is wrong with me. Can a woman with acne be considered a 10? How about a woman with boney legs? Do you have even the foggiest idea of what it means to be a 10? Apparently not. If you did, you would recognize that him saying 'it is difficult for a flat chested woman to be a 10' is a statement of fact. How is it possible that you don't understand this? It seems your emotionalism and hatred for them man overwhelms your ability to reason.

False. Me referring to an individual woman or small group of women as bimbos does not and cannot reasonably be 'subjectively' determined to be interpreted as me feeling that way about women in general. That is just you making a leap that you cannot support. Case closed. You are not Donald Trump, but you are similar in that you smear people who you dislike or disagree with. He calls people childish names, like bimbo, in order to discredit them, you call people names, like misogynist or racist, in order to discredit them. You hate what you are and who can blame you.

Ok, let's try a different tactic.

Tell me someone, anyone, that you would consider to be a misogynist.

I didn't bring them up as evidence of liberal misogyny. I brought them up as evidence of liberal hypocrisy.

Yes...the hypocrisy being a liberal attacking someone for misogyny while acting misogynistic themselves.

Nothing is wrong with me. Can a woman with acne be considered a 10? How about a woman with boney legs? Do you have even the foggiest idea of what it means to be a 10? Apparently not. If you did, you would recognize that him saying 'it is difficult for a flat chested woman to be a 10' is a statement of fact. How is it possible that you don't understand this? It seems your emotionalism and hatred for them man overwhelms your ability to reason.

How about this quote:

"I think that putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing."

Is that misogynistic? It applies to multiple females or would you like to tell me that it isn't misogynistic because not all females are wives?

Ok, let's try a different tactic.

Tell me someone, anyone, that you would consider to be a misogynist.
Honestly, I cant think of anyone.

Yes...the hypocrisy being a liberal attacking someone for misogyny while acting misogynistic themselves.
Calling someone a bimbo is not misogyny.

How about this quote:

"I think that putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing."

Is that misogynistic? It applies to multiple females or would you like to tell me that it isn't misogynistic because not all females are wives?
I don't understand what he means by that. Do you have some context for that or are you just continuing with more context-free quotes that pretend to mean something? Are you agreeing, at least, that his comment about women who are 10's is not misogynistic?

Honestly, I cant think of anyone.

Ah.

So that's the problem. There is no amount of evidence that I could provide to convince you of the claim that Trump is a misogynist.

Case closed.

Last edited:
I don't understand what he means by that. Do you have some context for that or are you just continuing with more context-free quotes that pretend to mean something? Are you agreeing, at least, that his comment about women who are 10's is not misogynistic?

Here's an article - you can read the quote here: Donald Trump in 1994: 'Putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing' - CNNPolitics.com

Essentially, he was talking about the reason that he and his wife of that time divorced and he claimed a large part of it was the fact that she lost her "great softness" in his eyes when he would see her negotiating deals on the phone or in the boardroom.

Ah.

So that's the problem. There is no amount of evidence that I could provide to convince you of the claim that Trump is a misogynist.

Case closed.
You haven't made a case against Trump or provided any evidence of misogyny on his part. But go ahead. You name for me someone other than Trump you think is a misogynist.

Here's an article - you can read the quote here: Donald Trump in 1994: 'Putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing' - CNNPolitics.com

Essentially, he was talking about the reason that he and his wife of that time divorced and he claimed a large part of it was the fact that she lost her "great softness" in his eyes when he would see her negotiating deals on the phone or in the boardroom.
Where is the hatred of women in that quote? You keep providing quotes that don't back up your charge in the slightest.

You haven't made a case against Trump or provided any evidence of misogyny on his part. But go ahead. You name for me someone other than Trump you think is a misogynist.

Where is the hatred of women in that quote? You keep providing quotes that don't back up your charge in the slightest.

tRump not a misogynist? laughable

Or as he elegantly summed up his view to New York magazine in the early ’90s, “Women, you have to treat them like ****.”

read this article:
Donald Trump Hates Women
It’s the one position he’s never changed.
Donald Trump has one core philosophy: misogyny

Back
Top Bottom