• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump hole in one

“…clank….”

”It took place at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida, on the 7th hole, which was playing 181-yards into a slight wind. I hit a 5-iron, which sailed magnificently into a rather strong wind, with approximately 5 feet of cut, whereupon it bounced twice and then went clank, into the hole."

Was the wind slight or stiff?

This from the same guy that has awarded himself golf trophies for ghost tournaments……

Well, if it was a stiff wind, then he didn't hit a 5 iron, or it wasn't playing 181 yards. And if it was a stiff wind, 5 feet of "cut" is virtually impossible. A stiff head wind even if dead at the golfer tends to blow shots "cutting" at all far more than 5 feet off line, unless he hit some kind of low screamer at the hole and it happened to roll up onto the green then into the cup.

I believe he hit a hole in one, but the description of the shot itself isn't believable to anyone but the most casual of golfers.

Amount of response baffles me too. I thought it was a throw away thread that would get a collective yawn. TDS runs deep.
i'll start a thread about Hillary or Hunter eating dinner and see what happens.

Ive even had to grudgingly attest for a few people I very much dont like that just got straight up lucky after a really bad shot that found its way to the bottom of the cup. 1 of those people I will never give credit because we were hitting to an elevated green and couldnt actually see the ball travel in. As far as Im concerned, some asshole was hiding out by the green and crawled up and put it in when we couldnt see him.

Ive never pulled it off. Ive hit the stick more times than I could count and Ive left one on the lip...but never all the way in.
For we mortals it really is about 99% luck. I've had two in my lifetime, and they were good shots, but more lucky. The first one hit maybe 6 feet right of the pin, took a hop, then somehow backed up 6 feet to the left, and into the hole. So at impact or the hop, it hit something on the green that slightly caused the ball to go left, so pure luck. The second I'd never played the course before, took a WAG on club selection on a downhill, hit it OK but nothing close to 'pure' and that went in. I hit many shots that DAY far better off the club....

Whatever you think of him or his politics getting a hole in one at his age is pretty impressive. Congrats orange man!

Trump’s statement included an entire story of how it happened. He said it occurred on the seventh hole at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida, and that he used a 5-iron on the 181-yard hole and hit the shot into wind.

“These great tour players noticed it before I did because their eyes are slightly better, but on that one hole only, their swings weren’t,” Trump said.

Trump said playing with that group was “a lot of fun,” adding that the round was a match between him and Els and the other three "

And you just believe him? Somewhere in the report I thought it said that there weren't witnesses...

Did you see he won the club championship as well?

Amount of response baffles me too. I thought it was a throw away thread that would get a collective yawn. TDS runs deep.

As well it should. A fascist insurrectionist in the whitehouse who is out to destroy American democracy and its democratic institutions and become tyrant- yet again? You better believe that is going to get a very big rise out of most patriotic Americans who love their country, its democracy, and its way of life.

I spotted this video that claims that Trump was cheating on a putt.

Maybe some of you golfers can verify if this is egregious?

And here is a hilarious recap of his alleged cheating.

Yeah, that's not a gimme putt in any legitimate game. Even decent golfers will miss that maybe half or more of the time. Pros miss from that range (around 6 feet) about 30% of the time, and every one of them is a comparatively great putter or they are not pros for long...

I used to play with a guy who did that. We just had to quit betting, because he'd rake 3 footers, 6 footers, all the time, and he was a basket case on the green. We played together for about 4 years, maybe once a month, and I bet he had at least 10 different putters, as if it's the putter that is the problem. Some days he'd carry two or three putters, and switch them up. None did any good.... So he'd say - good? and I'd say no, putt it out, he'd miss, get angry, like it's my fault for making him actually hole the putt, as in real golf, instead of raking it. So we'd only play for fun, which was fine with me.

🤣

Obviously, not a golfer....

Point is...golfers fudge their scores all the time. They improve their lies with the handy foot wedge all the time. If you arent in a competition, even wiping mud off your ball in a fairway is a problem. But...getting a hole in one is something no golfer I know would ever lie about regarding another golfer. If I hated a mans guts and he hit an ace, I'd still attest to it, just as if my local priest were to claim to drop one in from the tee, I wouldnt vouch for it if I didnt actually see it.
I agree, it's just not something those guys IMO would lie about. I'm sure they'd let him rake an 8 footer to halve a hole, and claim he shot 76 or whatever with a half dozen mulligans and not putting out most greens, etc. but not about a hole in one.

Back
Top Bottom