• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump hints that Clinton should be assassinated!

I'm beginning to think Trump is just trolling the whole world; if not then he really is dangerous. Now he has suggested that the '2nd amendment' is an option to stop Clinton picking supreme court judges.

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” he said, adding: “Although the second amendment people – maybe there is, I don’t know.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/09/trump-gun-owners-clinton-judges-second-amendment

We all know what he meant when he said that. A not so subtle threat. This is a worrying new low in US politics: A presidential nominee suggesting the assassination of his opponent.

And Trump supporters will defend him... again.

It's becoming quiet evident the collective minds of the anti-Trump forces have been completely lost.

Here is a section of the transcript from the speech the left, and Hillary's media arm are lying about:

Donald Trump: Read His Second Amendment Speech

If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don’t know. But — but I’ll tell you what. That will be a horrible day. If — if Hillary gets to put her judges — right now, we’re tied. You see what’s going on.

XXX you see what’s going on? We tied because Scalia – this was not suppose to happen. Justice Scalia was going to be around for ten more years at least and this is what happens. That was a horrible thing.

So now look at it. So Hillary essentially wants to abolish the Second Amendment. Now, speaking to the NRA folks – who are great – when you – when you — and I’ll tell you, they endorsed me.

(APPLAUSE)

They endorsed me very early. My son’s a member. I’m a member.

If you – we can add I think the National Rifle Association, we can add the Second Amendment to the Justices – they almost go – in a certain way, hand in hand. Now the Justices are going to do things that are so important and we have such great Justices, you saw my list of 11 that have been vetted and respected.​

It's clear to rational thinking minds Trump is referring to the political power of the millions of people who support the 2nd Amendment and the NRA.

This wholesale lying to swing an election is some of the most dangerous actions I have seen a political party and it's followers undertake.

Absolutely astonishing.

Not fond of Trump, but no he did not. People are so used to the Rumpster screwing the pooch with comments, now with him more on script and less off the cuff, they are reaching n this comment.

Not at all. Everyone knows what "we'll let the 2nd amendment sort it out" means. Him saying that there is no stopping her but those of you who support the 2nd may have different ideas isn't even subtle.

Last edited:
It's becoming quiet evident the collective minds of the anti-Trump forces have been completely lost.

Here is a section of the transcript from the speech the left, and Hillary's media arm are lying about:

Donald Trump: Read His Second Amendment Speech

If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don’t know. But — but I’ll tell you what. That will be a horrible day. If — if Hillary gets to put her judges — right now, we’re tied. You see what’s going on.

XXX you see what’s going on? We tied because Scalia – this was not suppose to happen. Justice Scalia was going to be around for ten more years at least and this is what happens. That was a horrible thing.

So now look at it. So Hillary essentially wants to abolish the Second Amendment. Now, speaking to the NRA folks – who are great – when you – when you — and I’ll tell you, they endorsed me.

(APPLAUSE)

They endorsed me very early. My son’s a member. I’m a member.

If you – we can add I think the National Rifle Association, we can add the Second Amendment to the Justices – they almost go – in a certain way, hand in hand. Now the Justices are going to do things that are so important and we have such great Justices, you saw my list of 11 that have been vetted and respected.​

It's clear to rational thinking minds Trump is referring to the political power of the millions of people who support the 2nd Amendment and the NRA.

This wholesale lying to swing an election is some of the most dangerous actions I have seen a political party and it's followers undertake.

Absolutely astonishing.

Connecting rational minds with Trump is a ridiculous stretch.

No it couldn't. That's not how it works. The Supreme Court can't rule the Second Amendment unconstitutional, they do not have that power. Can you guess why?
The court cannot rule that it is unconstitutional as that is not within their power. They can rule on what falls under, what is or is not permitted,
It would takes 2/3rds of the States to change the 2A - Is that correct?

Not fond of Trump, but no he did not. People are so used to the Rumpster screwing the pooch with comments, now with him more on script and less off the cuff, they are reaching n this comment.
I think Trump has jumped the shark on off the cuff comments. Before his convention, and mostly during the Republican primaries, they had real value in ginning up his base. Now they just reinforce a growing narrative of non presidential behavior. This after a campaign reset on the economy no less. Whether Trump meant assassination or revolution by 2nd Amendment folks is almost irrelevant now. He doesn't have the luxury of mistakes like this anymore. He goes on the defensive along with his supporters and more Republicans, especially women, get more nervous.

Clinton is cleverly honing in on this narrative with each passing day. She started in mid July when she aired the "Our Children are Watching" ads that replay Trump mimicking the handicapped NYT journalist, saying the F bomb, and other nice tidbits as children sit in front of the TV trying to comprehend this "presidential candidate." This ad airs in the Boston market nearly every day for the New Hampshire viewers. New Hampshire was once leaning Trump and now leans Clinton by almost double digits. Ads like the below are probably making the DNC bounce into the solid trend it has become.

New Clinton ad: 'Our children are watching’ this election | TheHill

Last edited:
The 2nd amendment was intended to maintain a credible threat to the state from the public, to deter the state from behaving high-handedly and cavalierly toward the public, such as with a dictatorship. If Hillary chooses an activist Supreme Court bench which creatively interprets the Constitution to its own skewed preferences - as activists are apt to do - then it may provoke a massive backlash from a sufficiently large segment of the public who cannot tolerate rights that are dear to them being infringed upon or revoked.

Once that happens, then Libs better start quickly yelling "The Russians Are Coming! The Russians Are Coming!" all over again, as they did after their stacked electoral nomination process was exposed.

So you then agree that Trump was playing the assassination card of hecklers veto and you further claim that is what the Amendment was intended to do?

I'm beginning to think Trump is just trolling the whole world; if not then he really is dangerous. Now he has suggested that the '2nd amendment' is an option to stop Clinton picking supreme court judges.

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” he said, adding: “Although the second amendment people – maybe there is, I don’t know.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/09/trump-gun-owners-clinton-judges-second-amendment

We all know what he meant when he said that. A not so subtle threat. This is a worrying new low in US politics: A presidential nominee suggesting the assassination of his opponent.

It wasn't a an assassination threat. You folks really should relax.

So you then agree that Trump was playing the assassination card of hecklers veto and you further claim that is what the Amendment was intended to do?

Trump was making a quip - he tries to be entertaining, as always. If Trump were to have quipped that "women are from Venus, but Hillary is from Mars" - the straight-faced Libs would be darkly wondering aloud, "Why is Trump now stooping to Orson Wells War-of-the-Worlds scaremongering about extraterrestrial invasion?"

Whatever the content of Trump's remarks, the Dems aren't credible voices in interpreting them.

Trump sure has a knack for saying things that leave way too much room for interpretation. I don't know. I'm just sayin'. Lots of people say it.

i watched the clip, and it wasn't taken out of context. he was actually making a joke about someone shooting his opponent. flat out disgusting. this presidential election is a disgrace to our country.

No it couldn't. That's not how it works. The Supreme Court can't rule the Second Amendment unconstitutional. Can you guess why?

No, but it could be ruled that 2A would only apply to single shot muskets, and that everything else is to be banned and confiscated.

Of course the criminals would walk around fully armed as they are now, not encumbered by any compliance to already existing laws in the least.

I think that pretty much defines what tied down prey is.

lol...Just when the GOP began breathing a sigh of relief that Trump was rebooting his campaign.

I think you mean that the leftists, media included, rebooted their attack machine.

The 2nd amendment was intended to maintain a credible threat to the state from the public, to deter the state from behaving high-handedly and cavalierly toward the public, such as with a dictatorship.
No, it wasn't. That's a bunch of revisionist nonsense.

The 2nd Amendment was included because some people at that time did not want a standing army, and wanted to ensure that militias would be available. The threat they were concerned about was external, not internal. Nothing in the 2nd Amendment empowers citizens to overthrow any elected government by force; what it says is that "a well-regulated militia needs arms."

I also find the idea that a bunch of disorganized middle-aged wanna-be schlubs could stop a professional army that supports a dictator to be mildly amusing.

If Hillary chooses an activist Supreme Court bench which creatively interprets the Constitution to its own skewed preferences - as activists are apt to do - then it may provoke a massive backlash from a sufficiently large segment of the public who cannot tolerate rights that are dear to them being infringed upon or revoked.
Yes, activists like Scalia clearly recast the 2nd Amendment according to his own preferences....

Anyway, there is no evidence that either Clinton, or any likely SCOTUS judge she will appoint, will seriously jeopardize the 2nd Amendment. What is most likely is she'd advocate for universal background checks, and ban sales on selected classifications of firearms. It will be no worse than, say, the later part of Reagan's term, or Clinton after the assault rifle ban.

And keep in mind that Heller doesn't prevent any of that from happening. It is very clear that regulations on firearms are acceptable under Heller, as long as the regulations are not so onerous that it prevents ownership of critical types of firearms (such as handguns). The SCOTUS, even with Scalia present, already let bans on assault rifles stand.

Evan McMullin - former Republican and now third party candidate - was just interviewed on MSNBC at 6:30 PM EDT and said Trump was advocating that gun owners commit violence against Hillary Clinton. He said its time we called a spade a spade when it came to his - Trumps - comments.

This is the perfect time when responsible Republicans leaders should both repudiate Trump and demand he quit the party and their nomination. They now have the moral high ground and they should take it.

Taking that position guarantees him some air time doesn't it?

Think about that for a minute.

No, it wasn't. That's a bunch of revisionist nonsense.

The 2nd Amendment was included because some people at that time did not want a standing army, and wanted to ensure that militias would be available. The threat they were concerned about was external, not internal. Nothing in the 2nd Amendment empowers citizens to overthrow any elected government by force; what it says is that "a well-regulated militia needs arms."

I also find the idea that a bunch of disorganized middle-aged wanna-be schlubs could stop a professional army that supports a dictator to be mildly amusing.

Yes, activists like Scalia clearly recast the 2nd Amendment according to his own preferences....

Anyway, there is no evidence that either Clinton, or any likely SCOTUS judge she will appoint, will seriously jeopardize the 2nd Amendment. What is most likely is she'd advocate for universal background checks, and ban sales on selected classifications of firearms. It will be no worse than, say, the later part of Reagan's term, or Clinton after the assault rifle ban.

And keep in mind that Heller doesn't prevent any of that from happening. It is very clear that regulations on firearms are acceptable under Heller, as long as the regulations are not so onerous that it prevents ownership of critical types of firearms (such as handguns). The SCOTUS, even with Scalia present, already let bans on assault rifles stand.

I would love to see some of those nuts try it though. It would be hilarious watching the Right Wing babies cry like BLM when the cops start taking them out by the dozen.

I think you mean that the leftists, media included, rebooted their attack machine.

If true, it goes even further to show how much a buffoon your candidate is by being stupid enough to give them all these great soundbites to work with.

I would love to see some of those nuts try it though. It would be hilarious watching the Right Wing babies cry like BLM when the cops start taking them out by the dozen.

Hmm. Given the recent cop assassinations, perhaps not so much. But they'd be first in the firing line before the professional arm would be, and then there's always posse comitatus preventing that, so National Guard at best.

There's always: "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." Considering that there have been 15 months of record breaking gun sales, not unreasonable. Sheer numbers would make up the difference I think.

Last edited:
When I hear "2nd Amendment people" I think NRA and the Gun Lobby.

I don't know what sick puppies with a history of violence attacking Trump supporters have in their hearts that they can come up with this wild accusation but it is very telling.

If true, it goes even further to show how much a buffoon your candidate is by being stupid enough to give them all these great soundbites to work with.

The fact that Trump doesn't only demonstrates how much of a political elite he isn't, and how much of an outsider he is, in spite of near continuous, and incorrect, claims that he is.

It would seem from the electorate's sentiment, that this election is about blowing up the political elite, and high time, if you ask me.

I read the quote, multiple times.

How in sodding **** that gets taken to equal Trump hints at Clinton being assassinated I do not know. The media can **** off with Project Fear 2.0

On Fox News and all throughout Facebook squabbles I am hearing Republicans try to say that Trump did not mean shooting her and meant voting instead.

In response to that nonsense I say the following:

People have been saying "Use my 2nd Amendment Rights" as code for murder for as long as their has been a 2nd Amendment. Certainly for as long as I have walked this earth.
And I have never once heard it used as code for "I am gonna vote your ass off".

If you want to defend Trump's right to call for assassination, that's fine... we can debate that.
But don't sit there pretending to be stupid. It doesn't mean others are stupid also. It only means that you are.

He's a sore loser long before even losing. Just imagine how his tantrum will be when his losing becomes official in November. It's going to be beyond epic.

The Donald just cannot stop talking, the more he talks the higher percentage Hillary will win the Whitehouse by. Sadly the GOP picked the one candidate that the majority of voters believe is a worse choice than Hillary, they have no one to blame but themselves, unfortunately it will also effect Congressional elections in the process.

Back
Top Bottom