• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump hedges when asked whether he would transfer power peacefully

Did you even read what I wrote?

If the election has not been called why would either candidate concede? If Biden is declared the loser he will concede. Trump? Almost zero chance. Please work on your reading comprehension.
i did you don't feel that biden should accept the election results. so please do not demand others accept results when you won't.

you have no clue that won't concede stop reading the leftist media it will rot your brain.

The same people who never accepted the 2016 election won't accept this one either.

Do you mean the small fraction of the population who peacefully protested after Trump won?

Right-wing militias who are now actively killing people in the streets and also ginning up fake left-wing, false-flag-like attacks. They aren't going to peacefully protest anything if Trump loses. Those gun nuts will just start murdering people once Alex Jones gives the command.

Trump is now laying the groundwork to incite terrorist actions by right-wing militias should he lose to Biden.

Let's look at a comparative sketch instead of 2016 and 2020 just for the hellovit.

Potus 44 of the Democratic Party exited normally and Potus 45 of the Republican Party entered normally as far as process and procedure is concerned. While there was the 2016 Trump and Flynn "Lock Her Up" that went nowhere of course, there wasn't any 2020 "Get Rid of the Ballots" mantra going on by the incumbent Potus because voters were fixing to give Trump the Bum's Rush fast and hard.

The armed forces stayed in their barracks without any contingencies having been drawn up by 'em -- as they have this time -- to save the democracy from destruction by the Potus and that they had put on their table in front of 'em just in case.

There was a Scotus vacancy then as there is now that Democrats among others had a case of the arse about. There was no Covid 19 Trump Plague ravaging the country that Democrats and others had an even more severe case of the arse about. There was no Lincoln Project then as there is now.

And so on.

I agree, this attempt to compare what will likely be violent action by Trump supporting militia groups and white supremacist groups is kind of ridiculous on the part of "Integrityrespec" and other Trump supporters. Great name by the way for the current issue we are discussing.

Until votes are counted, there are no election results. What Trump wants is to judge states that he leads in-person on election night to be the final result, without counting absentee ballots. That's just not how it ever worked. In every election, the only time mail-in-ballots aren't counted is when the margin of win is greater than the number of mail-in-ballots.

This. 100%.

It is a certainty Trump is going to do it. Trump will contest the election.

He is saying the quiet part out loud.

He is telegraphing his actions.

Trump supporters are telegraphing their actions as well. They are letting everyone know they will believe the idiot, corrupt, con-man Trump over anything else.

Be prepared to act accordingly.

I'm not saying panic. I'm saying we already have enough facts to indicate Trump will contest the election and Trump supporters will support this con-man 100%.

What this means is, at the very least, low-scale terrorist attacks against American citizens by idiot gun nuts in their weekend warrior, Dunkin Donuts, cosplaying militias.

Do you mean the small fraction of the population who peacefully protested after Trump won?

Right-wing militias who are now actively killing people in the streets and also ginning up fake left-wing, false-flag-like attacks. They aren't going to peacefully protest anything if Trump loses. Those gun nuts will just start murdering people once Alex Jones gives the command.

Trump is now laying the groundwork to incite terrorist actions by right-wing militias should he lose to Biden.

Right Wing Wolf Packs.

It is very conceivable.

Armed right wingers forced their way into the Michigan Capitol Building while Trump remained mum and the Rowers defended it. This occurred in several state capitol buildings. The armed right wingers were demanding the legislature act as they demanded, which flat outright anti democracy in the absolute.

This. 100%.

It is a certainty Trump is going to do it. Trump will contest the election.

He is saying the quiet part out loud.

He is telegraphing his actions.

Trump supporters are telegraphing their actions as well. They are letting everyone know they will believe the idiot, corrupt, con-man Trump over anything else.

Be prepared to act accordingly.

I'm not saying panic. I'm saying we already have enough facts to indicate Trump will contest the election and Trump supporters will support this con-man 100%.

What this means is, at the very least, low-scale terrorist attacks against American citizens by idiot gun nuts in their weekend warrior, Dunkin Donuts, cosplaying militias.

Agreed 98.9% percent although in my 76 years I've rarely passed a Dunkin Donuts that didn't have cops in it.

Safest place in the city anywhere, Dunkin Donuts.

Unless of course you're black, unarmed, selling a smoke and suddenly having to turn your back on the cops to run for your life.

Outta luck.

What a surprise, Tangmo still runs away from a simple request.

I once heard about a local shrink who paid patients to see him cause no one in his right mind would pay the shrink to accuse 'em wrongly of being crazy.

So it's the old do no harm.

As you should see there's no harm being done here.

I can almost hear the theme to The Twilight Zone playing.

Yes countless examples. More are being made public almost every day.
LOL! How sad that you're unable to determine what's truth and what Trump tells you. Lemmings do the same thing follow the leader no matter what.

i did you don't feel that biden should accept the election results. so please do not demand others accept results when you won't.

you have no clue that won't concede stop reading the leftist media it will rot your brain.
Is there a reason you put words in my mouth? I NEVER said anything about Biden NOT ACCEPTING the election results. Does it make you feel more sevure to lie about what another poster DID NOT WRITE? Can you do everyone a favor and simply tell the truth or are you so brainwashed by Trump that you have adopted lies as part of your being?

Actually, he's being truthful. Making a blanket statement like that with all the possible situations would be foolish.
He was asked about one “situation” only: he loses. His somewhat disturbed personality is incapable of accepting a “loss” in any context. A normal person would have said something reassuring like “Of course, unless there is evidence of significant irregularities.” But a guy who couldn’t imagine having to ask God for forgiveness for anything doesn’t roll that way. Reassurance or unifying is not Trump’s style. Division is.

At which point he's promptly arrested. He's perfectly aware that his legal exposure is astronomical, and that it's his office that's providing him cover. This election isn't about him vs. Biden.

I think the criminal charges could be negotiated if he resigned. Even if they couldn't it wouldn't spoil a triumphant resignation, with declaration of accomplishing everything he came to accomplish, testimonials from politicians, citizens, friends, bands playing, banners flying, confetti, marches, dinners, the works. paid for with tax money. Going out with a bang beats losing, having to give a concession speech and looking like his greatest fear, a loser.

He was asked about one “situation” only: he loses. His somewhat disturbed personality is incapable of accepting a “loss” in any context. A normal person would have said something reassuring like “Of course, unless there is evidence of significant irregularities.” But a guy who couldn’t imagine having to ask God for forgiveness for anything doesn’t roll that way. Reassurance or unifying is not Trump’s style. Division is.
Asking stupid, attempted "gotcha" questions is divisiveness at its worst.

Asking stupid, attempted "gotcha" questions is divisiveness at its worst.
So asking someone who has been crying “fraud in elections” for over four years, who failed to accept the tally of votes when he WON, if he will accept the results of an upcoming election he already claims will be phony is a “gotcha” question? You set a low bar.
“It’s likely my wife will be beat up after I get home.”
“Do you plan to beat up your wife?”
“Unfair gotcha question designed to promote divisiveness in my marriage.”

So asking someone who has been crying “fraud in elections” for over four years, who failed to accept the tally of votes when he WON, if he will accept the results of an upcoming election he already claims will be phony is a “gotcha” question? You set a low bar.
“It’s likely my wife will be beat up after I get home.”
“Do you plan to beat up your wife?”
“Unfair gotcha question designed to promote divisiveness in my marriage.”
Yeah, whatever. :rolleyes:

Like most libs you don't see much.
Simple question: what would your position be if Trump clearly lost the election, but refused to accept its results? Remember, you’re dealing with the guy who couldn’t accept the fact that the Central Park Five were not guilty. You don’t need a degree from Trump U to answer.
For the record, if Biden loses, I’d tell him to get lost. And he would.

Simple question: what would your position be if Trump clearly lost the election, but refused to accept its results? Remember, you’re dealing with the guy who couldn’t accept the fact that the Central Park Five were not guilty. You don’t need a degree from Trump U to answer.
For the record, if Biden loses, I’d tell him to get lost. And he would.
If he loses he's out.

You have no clue what facts are....your modus operandi is deny, deny, deny and then change the subject when you have no other arguments.
No, my usually method is to ask for citations, verifications and any other proof that you might be able to provide. Then sit back and laugh from behind my computer screen, while the vast majority of your camp just panics to save face.

Face it Clara, you don't have much of a leg to stand on at this point.

No, my usually method is to ask for citations, verifications and any other proof that you might be able to provide. Then sit back and laugh from behind my computer screen, while the vast majority of your camp just panics to save face.

Face it Clara, you don't have much of a leg to stand on at this point.
You don't ask for citations, you like to ignore said facts, pretend they don't exist and then cheer when Trump calls up the Proud Boys.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday declined to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the Nov. 3 election to Democratic rival Joe Biden.

“We’re going to have to see what happens,” Trump, a Republican, told reporters at the White House when asked if he would commit to a peaceful transfer.

The president has sought repeatedly to cast doubt, preemptively, on the legitimacy of the election because of his concerns about mail-in voting, which Democrats have encouraged during the pandemic.

“The ballots are a disaster,” Trump said.
====================================================
This guy is dangerous.

He'll try to fight his loss in the courts and by whatever means he can pursue through congress. However, once loss becomes inevitable, being the draft dodging coward that he is, he will resign so that Pence can pardon him for as many of his criminal activities as possible.

State courts (I believe) will be able to pursue his candy+++ however.

Back
Top Bottom