• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump hedges when asked whether he would transfer power peacefully

Your country is more important than your devotion to Trump.

It's clear that Trump will refuse to concede under any circumstances.

We know that now.

The question is, what are you going to do about it?
What am I going to do? Laugh my butt off at your TDS. :LOL:

I find this thread by Asha Rangappa to help in terms of restoring strength.

It is important to take note and be prepared for the unprecedented actions Trump says he intends to take after the election. But it is also important not to allow his *wishful* reality to *become the reality. To do that, consider Trump's psychological POV right now:

Every time Trump spouts this kind of garbage, he is revealing that he is TERRIFIED. Ab. So. Lute. Ly. Terrified. His **existential** fear is losing. And he knows that there is a very good chance he is going to lose. And he can't do a damn thing about it. He will be a LOSER.

Remember that in pretty much every instance Trump has faced like this in the past, he's had an exit strategy. He walks away. But he can't get out of the election. He's like a mail-order bride who has to go through with it. Except in his case, if he loses, he may end up in jail.

This situation is like the coronavirus. He understands the reality, he knows he can't escape it, so his only option is to create an alternate reality. Reality, however, caught up with him with COVID. So it is up to YOU to make sure the same happens with the election.

I and @davidashimer wrote about various possibilities in this piece. An important way to empower ourselves, in addition to VOTING, is for commentators and media to manage expectations.

To wit: We have a process in place for elections. That process will be followed, whether he likes it or not. Every vote will be counted. Due to the high volume of mail-in votes, there will be delay in reaching a final result, which is proof that our process is WORKING.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday declined to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the Nov. 3 election to Democratic rival Joe Biden.

“We’re going to have to see what happens,” Trump, a Republican, told reporters at the White House when asked if he would commit to a peaceful transfer.

The president has sought repeatedly to cast doubt, preemptively, on the legitimacy of the election because of his concerns about mail-in voting, which Democrats have encouraged during the pandemic.

“The ballots are a disaster,” Trump said.
====================================================
This guy is dangerous.

This isn't a joke. This isn't trolling the libs.

This is outright treason.

Trump intends to not concede under every circumstance.

These comments are treasonous. If we had a normally functioning government he would be removed from office either via house and senate or being 25th’d.

I agree.

i'd be surprised if he didn't try to create chaos. it's what he does.

Have any of those reporters asked biden the same question?

There's no need to ask Biden the same question. There is no doubt that Biden is loyal to the Republic and to Democracy.

Now, there is no doubt that Trump will refuse to concede.

Reporter: "Will you commit to a peaceful transferal of power after the election?"

Trump: "Get rid of the ballots and there won't be a transfer, frankly. It'll be a continuation."

That was a lot less of a "hedge" and pretty specifically an announcement of what he plans to do.

I agree.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I want to make a major announcement today. I would like to promise and pledge to all of my voters and supporters, and to all the people of the United States, that I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election.” He paused, then made three sharp thrusts of his forefinger to punctuate the next words: “If … I … win!”

There's no need to ask Biden the same question. There is no doubt that Biden is loyal to the Republic and to Democracy.

Now, there is no doubt that Trump will refuse to concede.
Theres no need to ask Trump that question either but they do it anyway.

Actually, he's being truthful. Making a blanket statement like that with all the possible situations would be foolish.

There is NOTHING foolish about saying, "I will concede if I lose the election."

This is what every loyal American would be expected to say.

There is no universe where Trump's bargaining position is more important than the stability of the Republic.

Furthemore, he has nothing to bargain with.

It's not up to him what happens.

"The Atlantic’s Barton Gellman reports on the most concerning possibility: that Trump will first claim victory before mail ballots are tabulated, and then prevail on Republican-controlled state legislatures to appoint their state’s electoral college votes to Trump, circumventing the votes altogether."

"The Atlantic’s Barton Gellman reports on the most concerning possibility: that Trump will first claim victory before mail ballots are tabulated, and then prevail on Republican-controlled state legislatures to appoint their state’s electoral college votes to Trump, circumventing the votes altogether."

Like any normal human being with a functioning soul, I find this demoralizing as hell, but I urge everybody to read Asha Rangappa's words I pasted in post 27. It's moments like these that her words are important.

It's clear that Trump will refuse to concede under every circumstance.

We know that now.

They will do nothing about it. Freedom, democracy, and the rule of law mean nothing to Trumpers; they just want to own the libs.

View attachment 67296239
This is how the world sees us. This is what Trump’s base wants for our country. To be a failed autocrat shithole. Like Venezuela

No, this isn't just how the world sees us.

This is reality.

Trump does not believe in Democracy.

The question that faces us, as American citizens, now that we know what Trump is going to do, is what we are going to do about it.

This isn't a joke. This isn't trolling the libs.

This is outright treason.

Trump intends to not concede under every circumstance.
The MAGAA™ fools love treason, as long as it's Trump® treason, cuz that's MAGAA™ and **** the libs! At this point I begin to think they will willingly suffer themselves for devotion for Trump® as long as he convinces them libs will suffer more. If tweety blew Putin on pay per vieew, they woiuld all shell out ANY price to watch, and it would "totally not be gay or anything". They'd happily shell out $99.99 for a half hour show. You can't make up a more distopian reality.

The problem is, this election is already a foregone conclusion, Trtump wins, vote tally irrelevant. Best be ready to accept this reality, because it is now the cold hard inescapable future. There is a 100% chance Trump® retains power. Not a doubt in my mind. This is over, as is democracy for America, probably for good.

It's clear that Trump will refuse to concede under every circumstance.

We know that now.

We’ve seen this story many times throughout world history. We know exactly what people like that do.

No, this isn't just how the world sees us.

This is reality.

Trump does not believe in Democracy.

The question that faces us, as American citizens, now that we know what Trump is going to do, is what we are going to do about it.
We'll all vote, and no matter how overwhelming the victory for Biden, Trump's red states will appoint the new emperor. It's a done deal, no escaping that now.

Maybe UN forces will be needed to remove Trump if he loses.

New York State could arrest Trump in late January for Tax Evasion. in New York State for many years

It will be wonderful If he catches Covid-19 (Trumpitis) at one of his rallies. If he died from Covid-19, that would really make America Great Again !

There is NOTHING foolish about saying, "I will concede if I lose the election."

This is what every loyal American would be expected to say.

There is no universe where Trump's bargaining position is more important than the stability of the Republic.

Furthemore, he has nothing to bargain with.

It's not up to him what happens.
As i said, enjoy your TDS.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday declined to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the Nov. 3 election to Democratic rival Joe Biden.

“We’re going to have to see what happens,” Trump, a Republican, told reporters at the White House when asked if he would commit to a peaceful transfer.

The president has sought repeatedly to cast doubt, preemptively, on the legitimacy of the election because of his concerns about mail-in voting, which Democrats have encouraged during the pandemic.

“The ballots are a disaster,” Trump said.
====================================================
This guy is dangerous.
A true statesman would be doing everything they could to instill confidence in the electoral process and to assure the American people there will be a smooth transition of power as has been a proud American tradition for over 200 years.

trump's narcissism and sociopathy prevent him from being anything close to a true statesman or competent leader.

Thanks, trump voters. Your little experiment has caused the strife and deaths of many.

Trump and his campaign are planning a coup, in broad daylight.
Trump: ‘Get Rid of the Ballots … There Won’t Be a Transfer’ of Power"

Back
Top Bottom