• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump hedges when asked whether he would transfer power peacefully

I agree.

Unfortunately, Hillary said the same thing. Do not concede the election, no matter what.
Hilary's not the president, remember and BTW - she conceded the election as has every single loser every 4 years since 1792. When you're the President of the United States and you repeatedly say the election is going to be fixed it's beyond an abomination. How can you not condemn Trump for repeatedly lying and trying to delegitimize the election?

So the spying and attempted coup by Obama and his hacks really bothered you?

ROTFLOL... hypocrite.
I find it incredible that people post conspiracy theories that have no basis in truth all the time here, believe them, act indignant in their replies and do not have the ability to know the truth from a made-up lie / conspiracy theory. They actually believe! Stunning.

We have a woman here who filled out here sister’s ballot. The woman has been in a coma for more than a year. Mail-in voting is riddled with fraud.

LOL! :poop: You're afraid that tens of millions of votes are being cast by the relatives of people in comas?

The FBI was able to recover 9. How many did the staff run through a paper shredder before the FBI busted them? I know you hate Trump, but destroying ballots is not the way to win the election.
Now you are just making things up like Trump. There were no votes run thru a paper shredder. Millions of votes have no paper trail and voting machines can be hacked yet you think machines are foolproof? That is just stupid. Mail in votes are more secure than machine votes.

You're missing the point. The question was "if you lose the election on Nov 3" - it's very possible the election won't be decided for weeks afterward.

Yeah, i'm sure that's wh a t he meant

Now you are just making things up like Trump. There were no votes run thru a paper shredder. Millions of votes have no paper trail and voting machines can be hacked yet you think machines are foolproof? That is just stupid. Mail in votes are more secure than machine votes.

We no longer need to entertain hypotheticals because board of elections staff in Pennsylvania were busted illegally discarding ballots. Is it too much to ask that you express at least as much outrage over things that actually happen as you do about hypotheticals and liberal conspiracy theories?

We no longer need to entertain hypotheticals because board of elections staff in Pennsylvania were busted illegally discarding ballots. Is it too much to ask that you express at least as much outrage over things that actually happen as you do about hypotheticals and liberal conspiracy theories?
9 votes is not "widespread voter fraud". It is statistically unimportant and proves nothing except how secure our elections really are.

Yeah, I can suppose that when the FBI responded to complaints about the board of elections staff discarding or destroying ballots that means they had discarded or destroyed more ballots prior to the FBI’s arrival.
More likely, this investigation is contrived because the FBI doesn’t issue reports like that. Maybe they planted discarded ballots just to boost Trump’s phony narrative.

9 votes is not "widespread voter fraud". It is statistically unimportant and proves nothing except how secure our elections really are.

Its astounding that you think board of elections staff unsealing and discarding military ballots makes you think elections are secure.

Its astounding that you think board of elections staff unsealing and discarding military ballots makes you think elections are secure.
That’s not what I said. I think this has Barr’s fingerprints all over it. I think Barr’s people planted these ballots in the trash to make it seem as if BoE discarded them.
It’s like when Karl Rove bugged his own office.

A total of 7 WHOLE VOTES for Trump out of 9 that were not recorded. That is less than .0001 % of the votes in Penn.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's wide spread voter fraud .0001%
Just ask Trump
I hope it doesn't get out of hand and have another 9 votes thrown out in the Trash
That could up-set the whole Election
Have a nice night

I find this thread by Asha Rangappa to help in terms of restoring strength.

It is important to take note and be prepared for the unprecedented actions Trump says he intends to take after the election. But it is also important not to allow his *wishful* reality to *become the reality. To do that, consider Trump's psychological POV right now:

Every time Trump spouts this kind of garbage, he is revealing that he is TERRIFIED. Ab. So. Lute. Ly. Terrified. His **existential** fear is losing. And he knows that there is a very good chance he is going to lose. And he can't do a damn thing about it. He will be a LOSER.

Remember that in pretty much every instance Trump has faced like this in the past, he's had an exit strategy. He walks away. But he can't get out of the election. He's like a mail-order bride who has to go through with it. Except in his case, if he loses, he may end up in jail.

This situation is like the coronavirus. He understands the reality, he knows he can't escape it, so his only option is to create an alternate reality. Reality, however, caught up with him with COVID. So it is up to YOU to make sure the same happens with the election.

I and @davidashimer wrote about various possibilities in this piece. An important way to empower ourselves, in addition to VOTING, is for commentators and media to manage expectations.

To wit: We have a process in place for elections. That process will be followed, whether he likes it or not. Every vote will be counted. Due to the high volume of mail-in votes, there will be delay in reaching a final result, which is proof that our process is WORKING.

Remind me how did democrats respond to the outcome of the 2016 election?

There are countless examples of fraudulent mail-in ballots, but I guess you don’t care.
Especially in Republican states like Florida and Georgia.

Voter fraud is virtually non-existent. To say that there is a massive amount of voter fraud going on is dishonest.
Being called dishonest is a compliment to a trump supporter.

Remind me how did democrats respond to the outcome of the 2016 election?

Let's look at a comparative sketch instead of 2016 and 2020 just for the hellovit.

Potus 44 of the Democratic Party exited normally and Potus 45 of the Republican Party entered normally as far as process and procedure is concerned. While there was the 2016 Trump and Flynn "Lock Her Up" that went nowhere of course, there wasn't any 2020 "Get Rid of the Ballots" mantra going on by the incumbent Potus because voters were fixing to give Trump the Bum's Rush fast and hard.

The armed forces stayed in their barracks without any contingencies having been drawn up by 'em -- as they have this time -- to save the democracy from destruction by the Potus and that they had put on their table in front of 'em just in case.

There was a Scotus vacancy then as there is now that Democrats among others had a case of the arse about. There was no Covid 19 Trump Plague ravaging the country that Democrats and others had an even more severe case of the arse about. There was no Lincoln Project then as there is now.

And so on.

good lord can you not watch the news once in awhile?

• The Trump campaign is weighing a postelection strategy that would bypass the results in key swing states by installing electors who would vote for the president in the Electoral College even if he loses, according to a report by The Atlantic.
So it's actually not confirmed and even then it's still just an allegation that is being flavored to fit a direct narrative.

It's not like this kind of thing hasn't bitten your side in the ass before, you know that right?

Back
Top Bottom