• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Hates The Military And So Do His Remaining Supporters

Kerry Won Ohio

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I just thought I would state the obvious, as sad and astonishing as it to say something like this about the sitting President of the United States. I can't believe what Trump has done to this country. I knew he would be a horrible President, which is why I was in mourning for my country on election night 2016. However, Trump is even worse than I could have possibly imagined, by any conceivable metric.

Let's just leave politics out of this for a moment....What kind of sick human being calls fallen American soldiers "losers" and "suckers"? That is simply beyond the pale. No decent, patriotic American would ever say such a thing. It saddens me and it disgusts me that Trump is such a mentally ill, self-absorbed asshole that he simply has no comprehension of the meaning of the word "sacrifice". He is a man who simply can't understand performing ANY action, unless it benefits himself. It's just sickening to watch.

I wish Trump's comments about the military were NOT true, but they are. It fits a pattern with him, starting with the horrible comments he made about John McCain in 2015. Too many different reporters have corroborated the sources from the Atlantic article, it doesn't matter if they are anonymous sources. Unless John Kelly comes forward and denies that Trump made those despicable comments at his son's gravesite, then Trump is guilty as charged. And why didn't Trump visit the WWI memorial in 2018, when several other European leaders did? He simply has no good answer for this.

One bright spot -- most military members plan on voting for Biden, according to a recent poll in the Military Times. I never thought I would see the day when most members of the military would vote for a Democrat for President. That is the utter havoc that Trump has wreaked onto the Republican Party.

And even Trump understands that this is the one scandal that is going to hurt him among his base. Unlike other scandals in the past, Trump and the White House are desperately playing defense this time. Trump will lose at least 10% of his supporters on election day, as a result of his disgusting comments about the military. That could make all the difference.

Not a scandal a lie, another fake narrative.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Tell that to the veterans,

I am a “loser” and a “sucker.” That’s not my assessment – it’s the opinion of the president of the United States. That’s right, I’m a veteran of the United States Army.

After joining ROTC and earning a bachelor’s degree while commuting to Kent State University, I was commissioned an officer at the peak of the Vietnam War. I may have been raised in Ohio, but I grew up in the Army. The three years I spent in the military, reaching the rank of captain, taught me more about people and about how the world functions than any college course ever could. Because of the GI Bill, I was able to purchase our first home with no down payment. And, the bill helped finance my two master’s degrees. I viewed this as the “thank you” from a nation that understood the sacrifices and patriotism of the citizen soldiers who have served in our armed forces, and who have fought our wars throughout history.

Unlike our president, when I visit a Department of Veterans Affairs hospital, I am honored and humbled (not embarrassed) to be among my fellow veterans, many of whom have suffered injuries, both physical and mental, for their commitment to our nation. To them, nonexistent bone spurs diagnosed by a questionable doctor was never an option. Although I didn’t vote for the late John McCain, I never doubted his heroism and his strong belief in the American tradition, even if he was “captured" in Vietnam. Today, I am a gray-haired writer and artist living in Wisconsin who always gets emotional when I hear the plaintive notes of “Taps” being played.

I am one of President Trump’s military ‘losers’ and ‘suckers’: Jack Pachuta - cleveland.com

It did not happen. It is a lie timed to have impact on the election. Tell them that.

Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

President Donald Trump, fully aware of Americans’ short attention spans, is working hard to deflect and distract from embarrassing reports last week that he referred to American military service members as “losers” and “suckers” for getting killed at war. For Republicans who were apoplectic over President Barack Obama’s failure once to wear an American flag lapel pin, the report by The Atlantic about Trump’s disparagement of dead service members should be the cause of unbridled outrage. Sadly, Trump commands a battalion of cowards.

For those concerned that this is yet another example of liberal media fake news, consider that Fox News, along with The Associated Press, independently confirmed the gist of Trump’s insults. When Republicans seeking election to Congress on Nov. 3 ask for voters’ support, the first question they deserve to be asked is why they continue to cower in silence when even Fox News is reporting this as fact.
Editorial: Trump's 'losers' and 'suckers' quote is one GOP cannot ignore | Editorial | stltoday.com

Confirmed a lie. Fox is less evil than the rest but still snakes.

More than 10 that were there have said it was a lie including John Bolton who would have put it in his book had it been true. The Atlantic publisher says he is not sure his story is true now that so many named sources have countered the anonymous account.

It absolutely did happen. Which is why John Kelly has not come forward to defend Trump.

Why didn't Trump visit the WWI memorial in 2018? Other European leaders did.

More than 10 that were there have said it was a lie including John Bolton who would have put it in his book had it been true. The Atlantic publisher says he is not sure his story is true now that so many named sources have countered the anonymous account.

Was John Bolton at the gravesite with John Kelly? Was Huckabee Sanders at the gravesite with John Kelly?

I just thought I would state the obvious, as sad and astonishing as it to say something like this about the sitting President of the United States. I can't believe what Trump has done to this country. I knew he would be a horrible President, which is why I was in mourning for my country on election night 2016. However, Trump is even worse than I could have possibly imagined, by any conceivable metric.

Let's just leave politics out of this for a moment....What kind of sick human being calls fallen American soldiers "losers" and "suckers"? That is simply beyond the pale. No decent, patriotic American would ever say such a thing. It saddens me and it disgusts me that Trump is such a mentally ill, self-absorbed asshole that he simply has no comprehension of the meaning of the word "sacrifice". He is a man who simply can't understand performing ANY action, unless it benefits himself. It's just sickening to watch.

I wish Trump's comments about the military were NOT true, but they are. It fits a pattern with him, starting with the horrible comments he made about John McCain in 2015. Too many different reporters have corroborated the sources from the Atlantic article, it doesn't matter if they are anonymous sources. Unless John Kelly comes forward and denies that Trump made those despicable comments at his son's gravesite, then Trump is guilty as charged. And why didn't Trump visit the WWI memorial in 2018, when several other European leaders did? He simply has no good answer for this.

One bright spot -- most military members plan on voting for Biden, according to a recent poll in the Military Times. I never thought I would see the day when most members of the military would vote for a Democrat for President. That is the utter havoc that Trump has wreaked onto the Republican Party.

And even Trump understands that this is the one scandal that is going to hurt him among his base. Unlike other scandals in the past, Trump and the White House are desperately playing defense this time. Trump will lose at least 10% of his supporters on election day, as a result of his disgusting comments about the military. That could make all the difference.

you've been drinking the kool aid again! Q 2024

Don't you get dizzy with the constant spin?

John Bolton didnt say it didnt happen. He said that he wasn't there.

Bullshiting.jpg

I don't believe a word the Rowers say, not ever.

‘It could have been a John Kelly’: Trump says former chief of staff may have been source for Atlantic story

Donald Trump has said his former chief of staff, John Kelly, could have been one of the four anonymous sources used by The Atlantic in the publication’s report that the president made disparaging comments about military troops. “It could have been a guy like a John Kelly,” Mr Trump said. The president’s response about his former chief of staff came after he was asked why General Kelly has not denied or confirmed the report in The Atlantic. “I know John Kelly. He was with me. He had no temperament,” Mr Trump said.

Mr Trump has vehemently denied the report that released this week stating that he objected to visiting the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018 because he did not see the point in honoring the soldiers who died. “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” Mr Trump allegedly said. Other allegations in The Atlantic’s report included Mr Trump questioning a young Marine’s sacrifice during a 2017 Memorial Day visit to Arlington Cemetery with General Kelly, citing multiple sources. The man in question was Mr Kelly’s son 1st Lieutenant Robert Kelly who was killed in Afghanistan in 2010. Mr Trump and General Kelly stopped at the son’s grave when visiting the cemetery. Mr Trump reportedly turned to General Kelly and said: ”I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”

‘Trump says John Kelly may have been source for Atlantic story and claims he ‘couldn’t handle’ White House pressure | The Independent

Donald Trump will not continue as president by one Constitutional means or the other.

It's incredibly arrogant for anybody to act as though they know for sure what happened.

Spare me. It fits a pattern with Trump. Going back to the disgusting comments he made about John McCain in 2015.

There are multiple collaborated sources. Even Fox News says it's true.

And doesn't your same principle apply to the dip**** Trump supporters who say it didn't happen?

And doesn't your same principle apply to the dip**** Trump supporters who say it didn't happen?

Yes, it does. Nobody knows for sure what really happened except the people that were there. It does seem like a strange thing to come up right before an election. Just because something seems like it fits doesn't mean it does, and you shouldn't assume it does.

Yes, it does. Nobody knows for sure what really happened except the people that were there. It does seem like a strange thing to come up right before an election. Just because something seems like it fits doesn't mean it does, and you shouldn't assume it does.

I'm not assuming anything. I'm using my common sense, based on previous despicable comments that Trump has made about McCain and that gold star family back in 2015 - 2016. And this story has been corroborated by multiple reporters, which you still don't seem to have grasped.

I'm not assuming anything. I'm using my common sense, based on previous despicable comments that Trump has made about McCain and that gold star family back in 2015 - 2016. And this story has been corroborated by multiple reporters, which you still don't seem to have grasped.

As a noncombatant I am just saying this one smells a little fishy a handful of weeks before the most polarized election of all time. A lot of people on the inside want to see Trump gone.

As a noncombatant I am just saying this one smells a little fishy a handful of weeks before the most polarized election of all time. A lot of people on the inside want to see Trump gone.

Whatever. You're right, Trump is never offensive and insulting. Silly me.

Forget "fishy". It's DAMNING that John Kelly, Trump's former Chief of Staff who protected Trump from getting impeached earlier in his presidency, has not risen to Trump's defense on this. That should tell you something.

And I've always wondered why Trump didn't take the time back in 2018 to visit that WWI battlefield on the 100th anniversary of the war. European leaders did, despite the bad weather.

Forget "fishy". It's DAMNING that John Kelly, Trump's former Chief of Staff who protected Trump from getting impeached earlier in his presidency, has not risen to Trump's defense on this. That should tell you something.

And I've always wondered why Trump didn't take the time back in 2018 to visit that WWI battlefield on the 100th anniversary of the war. European leaders did, despite the bad weather.

I don't doubt that in his heart he has no real respect or admiration for anybody but himself. I also don't think it's impossible he actually said something like that. He hasn't previously denigrated the troops in that fashion though. It has been more personal, like his beef with John McCain. He knows who his base is. If he said something like that out loud I really would be surprised.

As Bugs Bunny says, "what a gulli bull".

Also the fact that Trump is routinely offensive and insulting does make it a lot easier to believe. That doesn't necessarily make it true though. It almost seems too convenient. The language used, all of it. I don't know. Maybe I'm too paranoid.

It's incredibly arrogant for anybody to act as though they know for sure what happened.
Yeah, well, we'll take the word of 25 people who deny the LIE and in particular, the people who were actually there, including and especially John Bolton.

Back
Top Bottom