• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump has scoreboard obsession. It hasn’t worked with coronavirus

I'll bet that they don't blame Trump like you and will judge Trump on his leadership and response to the crisis, unlike you

I guess we're gonna find out, right? :)

I bet they don't know the difference when they're out of a job.

Trump owns this, lock, stock, and empty barrel.
Trump owns a virus affecting countries all over the world? Not China?

Americans should be grateful that this virus hit their country while Donald Trump was in charge of a strong economy and not an economy like Obama's, or other pathetic places in the world.

Yes, we will in November, what purpose does it serve now placing blame?
We're not dealing with adults here. We've gone from the Greatest Generation to the Wimpiest Generation with just the boomers separating them.

Trump owns a virus affecting countries all over the world? Not China?

Americans should be grateful that this virus hit their country while Donald Trump was in charge of a strong economy and not an economy like Obama's, or other pathetic places in the world.

Yes, and how's that working out?

Sorry but it isn't my place to educate you on the Constitution, Suggest you read it and then ask specific questions. If it isn't in the Constitution it is state and local responsibility. Not sure where you got your education but it certainly is lacking

"If it isn't in the Constitution it is state and local responsibility."

Typical Conservative. Arguing a point not in debate. I'm not saying what rights/powers not given the federal govt isn't left to the states. I'm saying that the federal govt role in public safety, and that Congress can make law, that can overrule conflicting states' right under the Constitution. You're the one not familiar with the Constitution. Look it up and learn. What I say happens all the time.

"If it isn't in the Constitution it is state and local responsibility."

Typical Conservative. Arguing a point not in debate. I'm not saying what rights/powers not given the federal govt isn't left to the states. I'm saying that the federal govt role in public safety, and that Congress can make law, that can overrule conflicting states' right under the Constitution. You're the one not familiar with the Constitution. Look it up and learn. What I say happens all the time.

Yes, CONGRESS can override the states in creating and implementing laws, that doesn't support your claim that the President could do that and take over state and local responsibilities. You seem to confuse the powers of Congress with the Powers of the President!

Yes, CONGRESS can override the states in creating and implementing laws, that doesn't support your claim that the President could do that and take over state and local responsibilities. You seem to confuse the powers of Congress with the Powers of the President!

I never said "take over state and local responsibilities", especially in toto. What powers Congress give the POTUS are powers of the POTUS, period, as he may see fit to use. You haven't refuted that. The prez can ask and get powers. The prez also has existing powers than can override "states rights" as you describe. The prez does not necessarily take over function/responsibility from that state that they can't exercise themselves in tandem. Period. You can't refute any of what I say.

Back
Top Bottom