• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Has Edge Over Biden In AZ, FL, GA: Polls

North Carolina - Biden +1
Texas - Trump +1.9
Georgia - Trump +1.2
Arizona - Biden +3.3
Ohio - Biden +1
Florida - Biden +1.6
Iowa - Trump +0.8
Michigan - Biden +6.9
Nevada - Biden +6.4
Wisconsin - Biden +6.5

Georgia - Trump +1.2

Poll?

Come on guy, I go by votes

Yes, Georgia will be purple soon, not yet

"New polls in three crucial general election battleground states show President Trump holding the edge over Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The president tops Biden 51%-47% among likely voters in Florida and Trump holds a 1-point 49%-48% edge over the former vice president among likely voters in Arizona, according to ABC News/Washington Post public opinion surveys released on Wednesday.

The president’s ahead of his Democratic challenger 48%-46% among likely voters in Georgia, according to a high voter turnout model in a Monmouth University survey that was also released on Wednesday."

Trump indeed has been gaining, but he's still losing in 9 out of the 12 swing states. The Second District of Maine is now leading toward Biden.

I use RCP averages, not look at a single poll.

Yes, that sure showed them!(LOL)

My vote wasn’t meant to “show” anyone, anything. I disliked both Clinton and Trump and happened to like what McMullen’s platform was. I may be Democratic, but I don’t vote straight party lines, well until this year

Xtina, it’s the same situation with the polling in Georgia. Many polls had Trump and Hillary neck and neck four years ago, there was constant talk about Hillary taking Georgia.

Were you following politics in 2016?
What you don't seem to be accounting for are the fewer number of undecided voters this time around. There were enough undecided voters in 2016 that swung for Trump to allow him to overcome a 2 or 3 point Hillary lead. Not so much this time around. There are a lot fewer undecided voters in this election. For Trump to overcome Bidens lead at this point he would not only have to win nearly all of the undecided voters but he'd also have to switch voters who've already decided to vote for Biden. Trump is in some serious trouble. The Republicans will have to grift like they've never grifted before to pull this one out.

I wasn’t sure where the best place was to post this, but there is a Newsweek article showing up on Google News claiming that Trump is doing worse in swing state polls than four years ago.

This article is a straight up lie.

Trump is doing BETTER in Pennsylvania, by far, than he was four years ago, when multiple polls at the end of September had Clinton up by double digits.
Doing better but still behind. A lot of people voted for trump last time around when folks didn't really know who he was, now we do. I wouldn't count on trump winning wisconsin or pennsylvania and wouldn't be surprised if he loses florida. Game over.

My vote wasn’t meant to “show” anyone, anything. I disliked both Clinton and Trump and happened to like what McMullen’s platform was. I may be Democratic, but I don’t vote straight party lines, well until this year
and happened to like what McMullen’s platform was.

And how did he do?

And how did he do?

doesn't matter how he did, I knew both of the other candidates would be terrible for the country so my conscience is clean. I’m good with that, plus Trump was going to win Ohio even if I did vote for Clinton

Doing better but still behind. A lot of people voted for trump last time around when folks didn't really know who he was, now we do. I wouldn't count on trump winning wisconsin or pennsylvania and wouldn't be surprised if he loses florida. Game over.

Here's the current averages for the battleground states:

Florida - Biden +1%
Penn - Biden +4%
Michigan - Biden +5%
Wisconsin - Biden+7%
North Carolina - Biden +1%
Arizona - Biden +3%
Ohio - Biden +3%
NH - Biden +6%
Nevada - Biden +8%

Iowa - Tie

Georgia - Trump 1%
Texas - Trump 4%

Bongsaway - You're correct. I think it's a different ball game. In the popular vote, Biden has a 6.7% lead over Trump. Back in 2016, it was a 2.6% lead for Clinton. I think we're just seeing wishful thinking here from Trumpsters.

Nate Silver co-wrote a 538 article entitled “How Far Could Trump Go To Undermine Election Results?”

I’m not listening to anymore denial BS from posters claiming he’s politically neutral.
Whatever path helps you to deny reality even more I suppose.

You’re not addressing the fact that Hillary had a 9 point lead on Trump, twice, in Pennsylvania.

The Comey Letter didn’t create her lead lol.

The point is, in general, Trump is performing better in PA than he was four years ago. For whatever reason. The last week in September was an exception.

I have no idea if Trump will be able to close the gap like he did four years ago. This is a completely separate issue.
And Biden improved more than Hillary in PA than trump has over himself 4 years ago.

Florida - Biden +1%
Penn - Biden +4%
Michigan - Biden +5%
Wisconsin - Biden+7%
Arizona - Biden +3%
Ohio - Biden +3%
NH - Biden +6%
Nevada - Biden +8%

Iowa - Tie

Georgia - Trump 1%
Texas - Trump 4%

Bongsaway - You're correct. I think it's a different ball game. In the popular vote, Biden has a 6.7% lead over Trump. Back in 2016, it was a 2.6% lead for Clinton. I think we're just seeing wishful thinking here from Trumpsters.

It's not wishful thinking.

It's propaganda.

Florida - Biden +1%
Penn - Biden +4%
Michigan - Biden +5%
Wisconsin - Biden+7%
Arizona - Biden +3%
Ohio - Biden +3%
NH - Biden +6%
Nevada - Biden +8%

Iowa - Tie

Georgia - Trump 1%
Texas - Trump 4%

Wishful thinking is what the right is currently practicing. As long as trump stands in front of a television camera, he is his worst enemy. Trump supporters have no clue as to how much he is pissing off the rest of the country. All that runs through their minds is own the libs.

Again, no. In 2016, Trump led 23/24 post August polls in Georgia by an average of 4%. Not even close to that this year.
I clearly posted that I was referring to August and September only. There was nothing ambiguous about it.

Post 116.

Interesting how you compare exact date to exact date when it makes Biden look better. And then mysteriously shift to averaging out the lead for the rest of the election cycle when comparing exact dates makes Trump look better.

Last edited:
And Biden improved more than Hillary in PA than trump has over himself 4 years ago.
Hillary “improved” in October, though, up to a 9 point lead in PA.

Again, I’m not trying to imply that Trump will win, just that the race is far from over.

Just to make this clear, I'm not posting that Trump will win lol.

This thread is about ABC showing Trump up in FL and AZ, and Monmouth showing Trump up in GA.

Keep in mind, this is ABC, and Monmouth.

Not Rasmussen, or Trafalgar.
Polls don't mean as much as a cross section of multiple polls, and in that case , Biden is ahead everywhere in the Tipping states.

I clearly posted that I was referring to August and September only. There was nothing ambiguous about it.

Post 116.

Interesting how you compare exact date to exact date when it makes Biden look better. And then mysteriously shift to averaging out the lead for the rest of the election cycle when comparing exact dates makes Trump look better.

You really don't see that you're the one doing that? Hillary led in two polls of Georgia throughout the entire slate of the campaign. Both in the first week of August, the week after the Democratic convention. Trump and Clinton were tied in three polls, one in the last two months. Trump led in the remaining 28. Except for August and September period, and entirely because of those two post convention polls, Trump led the average pretty significantly. And yet those two polls are all you can seem to talk about.

You really don't see that you're the one doing that? Hillary led in two polls of Georgia throughout the entire slate of the campaign. Both in the first week of August, the week after the Democratic convention. Trump and Clinton were tied in three polls, one in the last two months. Trump led in the remaining 28. Except for August and September period, and entirely because of those two post convention polls, Trump led the average pretty significantly. And yet those two polls are all you can seem to talk about.

Anagram, I have no clue what your purpose is in all of this.

A poster stated that Georgia is close for the first time, and might turn blue, and I stated that we have been through this before, four years ago.

If you click on the RCP link, the RCP average of polls in Georgia had a close race through August and September 2016.

And if you followed Cable News during this time period, liberal pundits were optimistic about the prospect of Georgia going blue.

This is the only point I was making.

Polls don't mean as much as a cross section of multiple polls, and in that case , Biden is ahead everywhere in the Tipping states.
Assuming that some firms aren’t overrepresenting college educated voters. As even Nate Silver claims they are.

I would add a point or two to Trump’s RCP average in every state, based on what we saw four years ago.

I think, realistically, Trump is ahead in Florida, North Carolina, and Iowa, as well as Georgia and Texas.

Last edited:
Blacks were immigrated by force. 40% of that non white population is black.

Where did I say specifically Black?

Answer: I didn't

Back
Top Bottom