• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Has Edge Over Biden In AZ, FL, GA: Polls

Rob, you all cherry pick polls on almost a daily basis lol.

Deal with it, and stop playing the whiny victim.
I'm not cherry picking polls. I go to 538 and see all the polls as they come in. If you need help in understanding how to read polling, just ask.

Interesting article on 538, co-written by Nate Silver, entitled “How Far Will Trump Go To Undermine the Election Results?”

Completely inappropriate on a website which media outlets use to reference polling averages, and make EC predictions.

You can stop pretending that Nate Silver is politically neutral lol. His EC predictions have now lost their credibility.

What’s inappropriate about it? Even the Republican controlled Senate unanimously feels that Trump has gone too far in trying to undermine the election results. They felt Trump way out of line. In a completely unprecedented move they passed the following resolution:

RESOLUTION
Reaffirming the Senate’s commitment to the orderly and peaceful transfer of power called for in the Constitution of the United States, and for other purposes.
Whereas the United States is founded on the principle that our Government derives its power from the consent of the governed and that the people have the right to change their elected leaders through elections;
Whereas our domestic tranquility, national security, general welfare, and civil liberties depend upon the peaceful and orderly transfer of power; and
Whereas any disruption occasioned by the transfer of the ex- ecutive power could produce results detrimental to the safety and well-being of the United States and its people: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the Senate—
(1) reaffirms its commitment to the orderly and peaceful transfer of power called for in the Constitu- tion of the United States; and
(2) intends that there should be no disruptions by the President or any person in power to overturn the will of the people of the United States.

No one ever said that Nate Silver is politically neutral lol. Nate has an opinion just like everyone else and he has every right to publish it.

You are confused about the difference between the website’s opinion articles (in this case it’s not an article, it’s a video) and the forecasts. The forecasts are based on statistical models which have been fine tuned over time to give the most accurate predictions he can come up with. The predictions are not opinions. That doesn’t mean that they will always be right either, but Nate’s goal in his forecasts is accuracy, not political slant. His methodology is all laid out for anyone to examine.

Take Fox as another example, their opinion shows are basically just red meat for the radical right, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t publish well regarded polls (much to Trump’s dismay...his first tweet of the day today out of 46 so far as of 3pm was to complain about Fox’s polling). Trump loves the Fox red meat, but hates it when they publish polls that are based on mathematically sound methodology without some right wing nut job massaging the results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting article on 538, co-written by Nate Silver, entitled “How Far Will Trump Go To Undermine the Election Results?”

Completely inappropriate on a website which media outlets use to reference polling averages, and make EC predictions.

You can stop pretending that Nate Silver is politically neutral lol. His EC predictions have now lost their credibility.
One thing YOU need to remember. Biden is NOT HRC.

I'm not cherry picking polls. I go to 538 and see all the polls as they come in. If you need help in understanding how to read polling, just ask.
Liberal posters cherry pick polls on almost a daily basis.

Lol I’ve never seen you speak up about it.

You were the one who brought it up, deal with it.

The thread is based on a Fox article, word for word. Take it up with Fox, and stop whining and complaining.

"New polls in three crucial general election battleground states show President Trump holding the edge over Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The president tops Biden 51%-47% among likely voters in Florida and Trump holds a 1-point 49%-48% edge over the former vice president among likely voters in Arizona, according to ABC News/Washington Post public opinion surveys released on Wednesday.

The president’s ahead of his Democratic challenger 48%-46% among likely voters in Georgia, according to a high voter turnout model in a Monmouth University survey that was also released on Wednesday."
You are cherrypicking the polls. You pick the polls where Trump is leading, such as the ABC poll (+4%) but ignore the other polls showing him trailing. Georgia was won by Trump in 2016 by 10 points, and now it is basically even. You also ignore the Ohio Fox poll that has Biden leading 50% to 45%.

If Biden wins Ohio -- and the blue reliable states, he doesn't need Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Arizona or Pennsylvania. But we know that he'll take some of those.

2020-09-24 270 to win.png

Liberal posters cherry pick polls on almost a daily basis.

Lol I’ve never seen you speak up about it.

You were the one who brought it up, deal with it.

The thread is based on a Fox article, word for word. Take it up with Fox, and stop whining and complaining.
You sure are projecting a lot of your butthurt. lol

Like I said, if you need help reading polls, I'm here to help.

You are cherrypicking the polls. You pick the polls where Trump is leading, such as the ABC poll (+4%) but ignore the other polls showing him trailing. Georgia was won by Trump in 2016 by 10 points, and now it is basically even. You also ignore the Ohio Fox poll that has Biden leading 50% to 45%.

If Biden wins Ohio -- and the blue reliable states, he doesn't need Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Arizona or Pennsylvania. But we know that he'll take some of those.

View attachment 67296492
I wouldn't call Iowa reliable blue. But even without IA, Biden is still over 270.

You sure are projecting a lot of your butthurt. lol

Like I said, if you need help reading polls, I'm here to help.
Lol butt hurt?

Rob, you are in such a delusional fantasyland I don’t even know how to respond.

You have no expertise or knowledge of anything being discussed.

And, listen carefully here.

Your dumb comments do not matter to me. They have nothing to do with political reality.

View attachment 67296492

Liberal posters make threads on a daily basis which cherry pick polls.

Threads titled “Trump loses support due to Woodward tapes,” based on one outlier poll.

Threads titled “Biden beating Trump by 9 points.”

Lol I don’t recall you ever speaking up about this, either.

The hypocrisy here can be cut with a knife.

The anger in this thread, and flooding of liberal posters onto it, must mean that liberals are threatened by these poll results.

Lol butt hurt?

Your dumb comments do not matter to me. They have nothing to do with political reality.

Read that line multiple times if you need to.

This is why you never get invited to parties, Rueben.

The swing state polls were extremely off, especially in October.

Only partisan Democrats who are loyal to China believe that he mishandled the pandemic. Because they need to deflect blame away from their Communist role models.
so explain the ways that trump handled the pandemic the way a leader should.

What was Trump’s favorability on Election Day?

Not Inauguration Day, Election Day.

Let me know lol.

For real, I double checked RCP, it was 37.5%. What figure are you getting?

Yes and Clinton’s was only 41.8%, neither one very good.

At this point in the race, Clinton had an 8.8% net favorability lead over Trump. Biden’s lead is 16.1% over Trump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liberal posters make threads on a daily basis which cherry pick polls.

Threads titled “Trump loses support due to Woodward tapes,” based on one outlier poll.

Threads titled “Biden beating Trump by 9 points.”

Lol I don’t recall you ever speaking up about this, either.

The hypocrisy here can be cut with a knife.
I pride myself in being fair and factual. I don't point to one poll, unless it's the latest poll, to conclude anything.

Lol butt hurt?

Unlike you, I don't cherrypick polls so I live in reality. Cherrypicking, like you do, is what keeps people in fantasyland.

And when people who cherrypick, like you are doing, get called out for cherrypicking their way into their fantasyland idealism, they lash out with loads of butthurt. Like you are doing. No skin off my nose. I'm just laughing.

You seem completely oblivious as to what happened four years ago. And what swing state polling indicated at the end of September 2016.

MSNBC was convinced Clinton would win both Texas and Georgia.

Several polls showed Clinton up by double digits in Pennsylvania.

The only swing state I can find where Trump was performing better four years ago is Ohio, but there hasn’t been an excessive amount of polling done.

I am very much aware of what occurred last election and so are the American public. I follow Real Clear Politics. Their model had Trump winning at the end before the election. Go to their website now and click on the electoral map and hit no toss ups. Also, Biden is further ahead at this time then Hillary was. I have no reason to believe the one off from 2016 will happen again.

I pride myself in being fair and factual. I don't point to one poll, unless it's the latest poll, to conclude anything.
Well, just to clarify, I created this thread simply to point out the results of these two particular polls. Since most others have Biden with a slight edge.

I purposely used the exact title of the Fox article.

Nothing in the OP implies that Trump is necessarily going to win these states.

I also feel like the first debate is just a few days away, and the polling will probably shift, one way or the other.

So I’m not sure how productive it is to spend pages and pages analyzing polling data, when it all will likely change towards the end of next week.

Well, just to clarify, I created this thread simply to point out the results of these two particular polls. Since most others have Biden with a slight edge.

That is the definition of cherrypicking. 🤣

I purposely used the exact title of the Fox article.

Nothing in the OP implies that Trump is necessarily going to win these states.

They are "battleground" states because they are close in polling. Not because they are mandatory wins by both.

If Trump loses AZ, trump still has a narrow path to victory
If Biden loses AZ, there are many other paths to victory
If Trump loses FL, it is over
If Biden loses FL, there are many other paths to victory
If Trump loses GA, it is over
If Biden loses GA, there are many other paths to victory

Same. He's lashing out because reality is blowing up his fantasyland bubble.
Rob, you are the one who is angry and lashing out, not me lol.

I think Trump will win Arizona, Florida, Georgia, and Texas.

You are the one coming into this thread and having a TDS hissy fit.

I can’t keep up with your dozens of angry posts.

Let’s see what happens after the first debate.

Arizona is a "battleground" state?
Every 30 seconds a Latino becomes eligible to vote while 2 old white people die. Arizona is turning purple.

Rob, you are the one who is angry and lashing out, not me lol.

I think Trump will win Arizona, Florida, Georgia, and Texas.

Trump has to. Trump losing any of those, aside from AZ, and the election is over. If Biden loses all of those and wins either Ohio or Penn, Biden still wins.

You are the one coming into this thread and having a TDS hissy fit.

I can’t keep up with your dozens of angry posts.

Let’s see what happens after the first debate.
I evaluate the polls every single day. I've not made a single post in here about hate of trump. I'm sorry to watch you get so hurt by reality.

Back
Top Bottom