• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Has Edge Over Biden In AZ, FL, GA: Polls

Why do you continuously post ONLY polls that show trump looking like he's winning? First of all, Florida's average of polls still has Biden most likely to win there. So im not sure how much weight to put on this current Florida poll. Also, why are you excited that Biden is within 2 points in Georgia? Wouldn't that be worrisome? Why is this good news for trump? That's essentially a tie - a state that trump should have no problem winning. If it's that close in Georgia, he is going to lose all the other swing states. No path to re-election. Arizona is another one, when viewed from the aggregate of polls, Biden is still favored to win there. But maybe things looking better for trump there, still this seems like an outlier next to all the other recent Arizona data.

Have you seen the polls that came out last night? Again, if you are going to post these, you might as well review these and post these, too (from Fox News). Fox News is a decent pollster as well. In the article posted below, You can see Fox News has Biden up by 5 in Ohio (that is not good news for trump), and Biden up by 6 in Penn. Trump can't afford to lose either of these states.

Some of you are completely oblivious as to how things unfolded in 2016.

Again, at the end of September 2016, Quinnipiac had Clinton up by 10 in PA, and another poll had her up by 12.

I just shared with you two right-wing polling orgs. :LOL:

Lol, okay, and the left-wing polling orgs have Biden+4 and +3 in Pennsylvania.

The point is, Trump is clearly performing better in PA than he was by the close of September 2016.

538 takes all the polls and averages them. The result is better than any single poll.

Biden is at 45% and Trump is at 46%

Remember that Arizona is traditionally a republican state and for the polls to be this close is a humiliation for Trump.

I just shared with you two right-wing polling orgs. :LOL:

Meanwhile you are tiptoing around to cherry-pick polls that are only in your favor. This will make you feel good.

Just go down and look through the polls showing trump's approval rating in green, aka positive, territory. Granted it's consistently only Rassmussen but HEY!!!!! Trump +4 approval.

YouGuv has Trump’s approval as high as 47%, and The Hill has it as 48%.

The numbers are moving in his direction.

BTW I don’t notice you objecting when liberals posted threads cherrypicking polls. Multiple times per week. For months.

I wonder why that is?

Last edited:
538 takes all the polls and averages them. The result is better than any single poll.

538 weights liberal polls up and conservative polls down.

Silver co-wrote an article about Trump trying to undermine the election results.

He should be a bit more discreet about his political objectives.

I can’t believe I’ve had posters trying to convince me for months that he was apolitical.

Some of you are completely oblivious as to how things unfolded in 2016.

Again, at the end of September 2016, Quinnipiac had Clinton up by 10 in PA, and another poll had her up by 12.

And you seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that this is a new election year, and Clinton is not running. This is not 2016... newsflash! I know 6 PA republicans specifically who hated Clinton’s guts and would NEVER vote for her but have soured on trump and will be voting for Biden. In PA. Again, I repeat, this is not 2016 and Clinton is not on the ballot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW I don’t notice you objecting when liberals posted threads cherrypicking polls. Multiple times per week. For months.

I wonder why that is?

You keep saying his approval is moving in the right direction - -it isn't budging more than 3 or 4 points up and down and has never been above 50%

Attachments

• ft_2020.08.24_trumpapproval_02.jpg
    ft_2020.08.24_trumpapproval_02.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 4
And you seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that this is a new election year, and Clinton is not running. This is not 2016... newsflash! I know 6 PA republicans specifically who hated Clinton’s guts and would NEVER vote for her but have soured on trump and will be voting for Biden. In PA. Again, I repeat, this is not 2016 and Clinton is not on the ballot.

???

Nobody believes that it was Clinton who threw off the polls in 2016.

I seriously doubt you believe that either.

Non-college educated voters tend to be underrepresented in polls, unless the firm specifically adjusts for this. Nate Silver has published this himself.

Rural voters tend to be underrepresented as well, when firms focus on metro areas and their suburbs.

I assume you’re not trying to argue that Clinton appealed to college educated voters, while Biden does not.

You keep saying his approval is moving in the right direction - -it isn't budging more than 3 or 4 points up and down and has never been above 50%
YouGuv, Rasmussen, and the Hill have his approval rising.

Trump’s favorability on Election Day 2016 was 37.5%.

Any other republican would be up by 12% in Arizona.

I wonder why that is?

Whiny victim card rejected.

Whiny victim card rejected.
Hypocrisy.

You missed the point of the post. You have no integrity, Rob.

Lol at the implication that someone who doesn’t agree with you is a victim.

Post back when you come back down to Earth.

Last edited:
???

Nobody believes that it was Clinton who threw off the polls in 2016.

I seriously doubt you believe that either.

Non-college educated voters tend to be underrepresented in polls, unless the firm specifically adjusts for this. Nate Silver has published this himself.

Rural voters tend to be underrepresented as well, when firms focus on metro areas and their suburbs.

I assume you’re not trying to argue that Clinton appealed to college educated voters, while Biden does not.
Polls were mostly correct in 2016. The polls went back and forth all summer/fall and late deciders broke for trump due to all the Clinton fake news, Russian propaganda and comey's announcement right before the election. Clinton had been demonized for years and years, she was a not a good candidate and many independents disliked her. so yeah, it's a lot different now. None of that will be happening this time, and Americans have a full view of trump leadership, or lack thereof. Trump has lost a lot of his upper hand with non college educated voters. So I stand by what I said. Biden is not Clinton. He is a much more favorable candidate this time around. Trump has not gained any additional support from 2016, so if the dems show up and outperform, which from what I have seen, they are pretty motivated..., he is toast. His razor thin margins in the key swing states that got him the victory are not likely to happen again. Although a chance, it is a very small chance. I honestly think you need to come back to reality and realize that there are a lot of different variables and factors in relation to the 2016 election ..if you cant be honest with yourself on those variables, you are in for a rude awakening. this time it's the trump supporters who are way too over confident and think he has such great chances at re-election..the writing is on the wall, and you refuse to see it because you want to believe what you want to believe. I'm not saying trump is toast, but the points you are making make absolutely no sense to me. Add in the pandemic that trump has mishandled due his incompetence, a lot of people are ready for sound leadership, competence, and experience actually leading a country, and they are motivated to get trump out. Don't forget trump supporters were the minority in 2016. There is nothing in the polls to suggest that they are now the majority.

I wonder why that is?
A quick Google of Hillary vs Trump polling averages...

On this day September 25th but in 2016, there was a 2.3 point spread in Hillary's favor. Do you ever tell the truth?

Polls were mostly correct in 2016. The polls went back and forth all summer/fall and late deciders broke for trump due to all the Clinton fake news, Russian propaganda and comey's announcement right before the election. Clinton had been demonized for years and years, she was a not a good candidate and many independents disliked her. so yeah, it's a lot different now. None of that will be happening this time, and Americans have a full view of trump leadership, or lack thereof. Trump has lost a lot of his upper hand with non college educated voters. So I stand by what I said. Biden is not Clinton. He is a much more favorable candidate this time around. Trump has not gained any additional support from 2016, so if the dems show up and outperform, which from what I have seen, they are pretty motivated..., he is toast. His razor thin margins in the key swing states that got him the victory are not likely to happen again. Although a chance, it is a very small chance. I honestly think you need to come back to reality and realize that there are a lot of different variables and factors in relation to the 2016 election ..if you cant be honest with yourself on those variables, you are in for a rude awakening. this time it's the trump supporters who are way too over confident and think he has such great chances at re-election..the writing is on the wall, and you refuse to see it because you want to believe what you want to believe. I'm not saying trump is toast, but the points you are making make absolutely no sense to me. Add in the pandemic that trump has mishandled due his incompetence, a lot of people are ready for sound leadership, competence, and experience actually leading a country, and they are motivated to get trump out. Don't forget trump supporters were the minority in 2016. There is nothing in the polls to suggest that they are now the majority.
The swing state polls were extremely off, especially in October.

Only partisan Democrats who are loyal to China believe that he mishandled the pandemic. Because they need to deflect blame away from their Communist role models.

YouGuv, Rasmussen, and the Hill have his approval rising.

Trump’s favorability on Election Day 2016 was 37.5%.
It's becoming abundantly clear you don't know how to read polls.

A quick Google of Hillary vs Trump polling averages...

On this day September 25th but in 2016, there was a 2.3 point spread in Hillary's favor. Do you ever tell the truth?
Why is this significant?

In October, Hillary held a 7.1 point lead.

What is important about comparing today to this exact date in 2016? Unless the goal is to cherrypick and mislead.

It's becoming abundantly clear you don't know how to read polls.
What was Trump’s favorability on Election Day?

Not Inauguration Day, Election Day.

Let me know lol.

For real, I double checked RCP, it was 37.5%. What figure are you getting?

It's above 50 if you only count Rassmussen polls. lol

He's cherry picking polls and doesn't even know the difference between LV, RV, and A polls then compares apples to oranges and does a victory dance.

The thing about polls is how do the pollsters get rich? They make their fortunes by selling their polls to people who like the poll results. It's a sham industry, you have been warned.

He's cherry picking polls and doesn't even know the difference between LV, RV, and A polls then compares apples to oranges and does a victory dance.

Rob, you all cherry pick polls on almost a daily basis lol.

Deal with it, and stop playing the whiny victim.

But ya got to give him an A+ for continuing to cheer for his guy, though - that's dedication 😂

Why is this significant?

In October, Hillary held a 7.1 point lead.

What is important about comparing today to this exact date in 2016? Unless the goal is to cherrypick and mislead.

I mentioned that because this post of yours... is a lie. At no point in September was Hillary up double digits. Unless you do what you do and go cherry pick some wayward polls instead of going with polling averages. Which is what you do.

Trump is doing BETTER in Pennsylvania, by far, than he was four years ago, when multiple polls at the end of September had Clinton up by double digits.

Back
Top Bottom