• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump has dealt seniors 2 devastating blows

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump has dealt seniors, who represent 23% of registered voters, 2 devastating blows in a matter of days

5f11b277aee6a8175e4b49b3

8/14/20
President Donald Trump on Thursday promised to block new funding for the US Postal Service in coronavirus-aid talks to limit efforts to expand mail-in-voting which he claims benefits Democrats, despite no evidence, The Wall Street Journal reported. "Now they need that money in order to make the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," he said in an interview with Fox Business Network on Thursday. "But if they don't get those two items that means you can't have universal mail-in voting because they're not equipped to have it." It also means that some senior citizens could have their prescriptions that are fulfilled by mail delayed. This is the second blow Trump has dealt to seniors, who'll represent 23% of registered voters in November, in a matter of days. According to the Pew Research Center, this year almost a quarter of voters will be 65 years old or older, which is the highest share since at least 1970.

Earlier this week, Trump pledged that if he was re-elected for a second term he would scrap the payroll tax. The payroll tax is used to fund Social Security and Medicare. "If I'm victorious on November 3rd, I plan to forgive these taxes and make permanent cuts to the payroll tax," Trump said at a press conference. "I'm going to make them all permanent." Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people over the age of 65 as well as for younger Americans with disabilities. Additionally, 58% of retirees said Social Security was a "major source" of income for them, according to an April 2020 Gallup poll.

Senior citizens should think long and hard about voting for Donald Trump....

• Trump fumbled and then abandoned the government fight against the COVID pandemic which is especially fatal to the elderly.

•Trump will block funds for election mail-in voting which is the safest way to vote in a pandemic environment.

•Trump issued and order to stop collecting the payroll taxes until the end of the 2020 calendar year which fund Social Security and Medicare.

• If he wins re-election, Trump promised to make the payroll taxes order permanent, killing Social Security and Medicare for retirees and seniors.

Related: Dems say Trump's payroll tax break weakens Social Security

Trump has dealt seniors, who represent 23% of registered voters, 2 devastating blows in a matter of days

5f11b277aee6a8175e4b49b3

• Trump fumbled and then abandoned the government fight against the COVID pandemic which is especially fatal to the elderly.

•Trump will block funds for election mail-in voting which is the safest way to vote in a pandemic environment.

•Trump issued and order to stop collecting the payroll taxes until the end of the 2020 calendar year which fund Social Security and Medicare.

• If he wins re-election, Trump promised to make the payroll taxes order permanent, killing Social Security and Medicare for retirees and seniors.

Most conservatives are pining for a past that never was; they'd eagerly scrap Social Security, the minimum wage, and most govermnet programs. They either idealize what they remember of it, or long for an idealized past they never knew. IDK if we ever get past such shortsighted selfish thinking; as long as there's a Fox news, corporate interests will always be pushed by a large group of people, against their own interests.

Prescriptions wouldn't be processed through mail sorting machines :2wave:

The Republican party has wanted to destroy our social programs for many decades now.

No? You think all packages are hand sorted? Millions each day not to mention the ones coming from overseas. Uh huh.

They'll continue to vote against their own best interests.

No? You think all packages are hand sorted? Millions each day not to mention the ones coming from overseas. Uh huh.

Seniors ordering a lot of drugs from China are they :doh

I suspect that some blister pack meds in flat boxes get sent in those big envelopes that do go through mail sorting machines.

That's why they're a uniform size and a maximum weight.

Seniors ordering a lot of drugs from China are they :doh

I know you will find this difficult to believe but there are other countries in the world beside china and other things beside drugs. But hey, have it your way, it's your theory.

I suspect that some blister pack meds in flat boxes get sent in those big envelopes that do go through mail sorting machines.

That's why they're a uniform size and a maximum weight.

If the envelope is not made from paper or is larger than 4 1/4 by 6 inches it is not machinable. That is why they are installing the new system to automate their sorting.

I know you will find this difficult to believe but there are other countries in the world beside china and other things beside drugs. But hey, have it your way, it's your theory.

The argument was that poor seniors are having their prescriptions delayed by Trump. My "theory" is the topic of this thread. People ordering sex toys from China is not.

5f11b277aee6a8175e4b49b3

TDS in full swing. First, no one in the world has been able to fight the virus. It is on the uptick just about everywhere, including New Zealand. Second, the SS thing is just a flat out lie. If he suspends the payroll tax SS and Med will still be funded.

If the envelope is not made from paper or is larger than 4 1/4 by 6 inches it is not machinable. That is why they are installing the new system to automate their sorting.

Is that how they do things in Russia?

The argument was that poor seniors are having their prescriptions delayed by Trump. My "theory" is the topic of this thread. People ordering sex toys from China is not.

Anything to avoid Trumps own admission that he is intentionally crippling the USPS so Americans won't be able to use the safe mail-in voting method.

Anything to avoid Trumps own admission that he is intentionally crippling the USPS so Americans won't be able to use the safe mail-in voting method.

The other Trump admission ... if re-elected he will end tax collections for Social Security and Medicare. Very important programs for seniors and retirees.

Wrong.... I have been inside several postal service facilities, I worked for Siemens documenting the postal handling systems the USPS uses, ALL mail is processed to automated machinery. Now you are informed.

TDS in full swing. First, no one in the world has been able to fight the virus. It is on the uptick just about everywhere, including New Zealand. Second, the SS thing is just a flat out lie. If he suspends the payroll tax SS and Med will still be funded.

How will they be funded, is there a plan. And while you at it explain where the heck is that new big beautiful healthcare plan trump was going to roll out?

Since no other Soros employee can answer the question, perhaps you can explain how $25B the post office won't see until after this fiscal year save the election. Short answer it doesn't. Long answer, the post office needs to charge more if they are losing money.

Wrong.... I have been inside several postal service facilities, I worked for Siemens documenting the postal handling systems the USPS uses, ALL mail is processed to automated machinery. Now you are informed.

No all mail is not processed through automated machinery which is why there is a non-machinable mail surcharge on the very things I just described. Sorry if your walk through of one post office one time mistakenly lead you to believe that having a conveyor belt meant something.

Since no other Soros employee can answer the question, perhaps you can explain how $25B the post office won't see until after this fiscal year save the election. Short answer it doesn't. Long answer, the post office needs to charge more if they are losing money.

Why can't they lose money? Does any other governmental department operate at a profit? Another BS artificial complaint.

Why can't they lose money? Does any other governmental department operate at a profit? Another BS artificial complaint.

Because since the 70's they are required by law to be self-funding just as the Social Security System is required to be self-funding.

No all mail is not processed through automated machinery which is why there is a non-machinable mail surcharge on the very things I just described. Sorry if your walk through of one post office one time mistakenly lead you to believe that having a conveyor belt meant something.

You are ignorant, and I spent weeks, several times, and documented thier systems for 8 years. Only the very rare piece if odd mail is processed by hand. Mail in ballots are machine processed. Oh, they are not conveyor belts they are rollers, belts are a rare thing. End of discussion.

You are ignorant, and I spent weeks, several times, and documented thier systems for 8 years. Only the very rare piece if odd mail is processed by hand. Mail in ballots are machine processed. Oh, they are not conveyor belts they are rollers, belts are a rare thing. End of discussion.

You are wrong. You have been refuted. End of discussion

USPS installing faster package sorters - Postal Times

"The Postal Service is installing new package sorting equipment at 30 facilities across the nation.

The automated delivery unit sorters join 22 others that were installed in delivery units earlier this year during the initial phase of the rollout.

“By automating package sorting in delivery units, [these] machines will significantly reduce operational costs and improve customer service by accelerating package delivery,” said Don Crone, the Postal Service’s technology acquisition and program management director.

The equipment automates package sorting operations that are currently performed manually. Each sorter can rapidly process more than 2,500 packages per hour or 14,000 pieces per day."

You are wrong. You have been refuted. End of discussion

USPS installing faster package sorters - Postal Times

"The Postal Service is installing new package sorting equipment at 30 facilities across the nation.

The automated delivery unit sorters join 22 others that were installed in delivery units earlier this year during the initial phase of the rollout.

“By automating package sorting in delivery units, [these] machines will significantly reduce operational costs and improve customer service by accelerating package delivery,” said Don Crone, the Postal Service’s technology acquisition and program management director.

The equipment automates package sorting operations that are currently performed manually. Each sorter can rapidly process more than 2,500 packages per hour or 14,000 pieces per day."

Thanks for proving my point.

Back
Top Bottom