• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump has concealed details of his face-to-face encounters with Putin from senior officials in admin

One question. Is there any law or regulation regarding this process which REQUIRES the President to do otherwise, or is this just something people would prefer the President do?

President Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to conceal details of his conversations with Russian President Vladi*mir Putin, including on at least one occasion taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials, current and former U.S. officials said.

As a result, U.S. officials said there is no detailed record, even in classified files, of Trump’s face-to-face interactions with the Russian leader at five locations over the past two years. Such a gap would be unusual in any presidency, let alone one that Russia sought to install through what U.S. intelligence agencies have described as an unprecedented campaign of election interference.

He does not demand multiple, private, undocumented meetings with any other head of state on the planet. And in fact cannot seem to stand being in the same room with most of them. Trump also met with Lavrov and Kislyak (and more) in the oval office in May 2017 and told the press to get out.

Yes, if you are a patriotic american, you have to wonder why that is. Also makes you wonder if he did the same at the meeting with Kim. You also have to wonder if he is selling out America to Russian interests because at a certain point, the wool can only be pulled so far. It only took one hot mic of Obama talking to Putin for you all to accuse him of working with the Russians, yet as far as I can tell. Obama didn't do this ****.

He does not demand multiple, private, undocumented meetings with any other head of state on the planet. And in fact cannot seem to stand being in the same room with most of them. Trump also met with Lavrov and Kislyak (and more) in the oval office in May 2017 and told the press to get out.

Yes, if you are a patriotic american, you have to wonder why that is. You also have to wonder if he is selling out America to Russian interests because at a certain point, the wool can only be pulled so far. It only took one hot mic of Obama talking to Putin for you all to accuse him of working with the Russians, yet as far as I can tell. Obama didn't do this ****.

Well, to be fair, he didn’t kick all the press out.

He let the Russian press be present and take photos...

Trump would have been leading the charge in screaming bloody murder if Obama had done anything like this.

Outrage at a U.S. president holding secret meetings with Putin without even top admin officials knowing what is being discussed should transcend partisanship.

Oh I remember the hot mic. This was a big deal, when Obama "promised" Putin he would have more flexibility after the election. Now, Trump seems to be hiding a lot of his dirty Russian poop and constantly praises Vlad, they don't seem to care.

If this were a rational country, Trump's executive powers would be suspended until full investigations into his relations with Russia were completed. That he's still making decisions for the most powerful country on earth stretches credulity to its breaking point.

Irony...

No.

I've been in this Forum long enough for people to know where I stand when it comes to alleging someone has done something wrong absent proof of guilt. Especially when it is all naked speculation.

Innocent until proven guilty is my motto.

I asked the original question because if there is no law/regulation preventing it and other President's may have done the same, then decrying Trump when he does it is hypocritical.

Nor is it automatically damning evidence except to those who DO think he was a Siberian Candidate.

Now ask me how I feel or what I believe AFTER Mueller makes his report and I can examine FACTS used and see what crimes are alleged.

Until then, as far as I am concerned Mr. Trump can have all the secret or public meeting he wants while serving as President, because I don't currently believe he is a "criminal, traitor, or spy."

Innocent until proven guilty means nothing to Trump resisters but it's obvious that they believe that they have the unmitigated gall to question what is said in his meetings with other world leaders. Too funny. ;)

Representative Nadler, who chairs the House Judiciary Committee, intends to look into the matter revealed by the New York Times and, presumably, the latest revelation that Trump concealed the notes his translator took during his private conversation with Putin.

"We have learned from this reporting that, even in the earliest days of the Trump Administration, the President’s behavior was so erratic and so concerning that the FBI felt compelled to do the unprecedented—open a counterintelligence investigation into a sitting President and his possible co-optation by a hostile foreign government.

"There is no reason to doubt the seriousness or professionalism of the FBI, as the President did in reaction to this story. Indeed, his go-to complaints—about former Director Comey and Secretary Clinton—do nothing to address the incredibly serious nature of these allegations. In the coming weeks, the Judiciary Committee will take steps to better understand both the President’s actions and the FBI’s response to that behavior, and to make certain that these career investigators are protected from President Trump’s increasingly unhinged attacks."

https://judiciary.house.gov/news/pr...iry-whether-trump-was-secretly-working-behalf

If this were a rational country, Trump's executive powers would be suspended until full investigations into his relations with Russia were completed. That he's still making decisions for the most powerful country on earth stretches credulity to its breaking point.

The government is shut down and all this news keeps coming out, and yet his supporters stand firm and loyal. They and Fox News are a huge part of the problem.

Innocent until proven guilty means nothing to Trump resisters but it's obvious that they believe that they have the unmitigated gall to question what is said in his meetings with other world leaders. Too funny. ;)

Listening to the President on fox right now. He was asked why he doesn't just go ahead and release the conversations. His reply is hey, no problems here, anybody that wants to see them go ahead.

My advice is DO IT. The time for just telling the doubters "sure you want to read it? read it there's nothing wrong there" and not offering it has long passed. Put the transcript on the front page of the paper of his choice. Send it to all the fake news sources, tell them publish it. That's the only way I see fake news being squashed at this point.

Last edited:

In many other nations Trump would have been frog marched out of the White House earlier today. The fact that their is deafening silence in Washington should scare the living daylights out of every patriotic American.

Trump represents the greatest threat to the people of America in the last seventy years. he must be removed ASAP.

Even if we lay aside all interactions with Russia, he has still done plenty worthy of impeachment.

It's just that for reasons I don't fully understand (and which may be bull**** IMO), those with the power to impeach won't.

Yes, if you are a patriotic american, you have to wonder why that is. Also makes you wonder if he did the same at the meeting with Kim. You also have to wonder if he is selling out America to Russian interests because at a certain point, the wool can only be pulled so far. It only took one hot mic of Obama talking to Putin for you all to accuse him of working with the Russians, yet as far as I can tell. Obama didn't do this ****.

No, if I am a "Patriotic American" I DON"T have to wonder. :roll:

The only people who would wonder are those who have always believed he was a "Russian stooge" who only got elected thanks to Russian help.

IMO your side of the argument was so shocked by the results of the 2016 election (even you "nevertrump" sorts who did not vote for him) that you sought any excuse to explain it other than he simply campaigned for electoral college votes and won. According to the MSN and all talking head pundits, it was such an impossible result that in the minds of people like yourself it just HAD to be a "cheat."

So from day one it's been issue after issue, allegation after allegation, a complete and total moral panic witch-hunt.

Fine, except I followed the campaign closely, I saw the misinformation and disinformation coupled with very few "facts" (like the grab then by the...), but also the major turnout at almost every one of his in-person rallies. I pointed this out in this very Forum, and that it showed he had more support than polls indicated, at least in the Red States and as proven in some of the "Blue Wall" States hit hardest by those Democrat economic policies and trade agreements.

As a patriotic American I presume my President is NOT a "Siberian Candidate," and I certainly won't change merely because naysayers like yourself expect otherwise.

Last edited:
No, if I am a "Patriotic American" I DON"T have to wonder. :roll:

The only people who would wonder are those who have always believed he was a "Russian stooge" who only got elected thanks to Russian help.

As a patriotic American I presume my President is NOT a "Siberian Candidate," certainly won't change just because naysayers like yourself hope otherwise.

I see that you haven't denied the specific things I quoted in my post. It is your right to ignore the evidence but do so at your own peril. It will save you countless nights of faux outrage if you just looked at the evidence that I quoted and ask the questions. You could save yourself from screaming one too many witch hunts.

Listening to the President on fox right now. He was asked why he doesn't just go ahead and release the conversations. His reply is hey, no problems here, anybody that wants to see them go ahead.

My advice is DO IT. The time for just telling the doubters "sure you want to read it? read it there's nothing wrong there" and not offering it has long passed. Put the transcript on the front page of the paper of his choice. Send it to all the fake news sources, tell them publish it. That's the only way I see fake news being squashed at this point.

And if he doesn't do it. Will you vote for him again? or will you vote for a known liar?

One question. Is there any law or regulation regarding this process which REQUIRES the President to do otherwise, or is this just something people would prefer the President do?

One question for you, would you be asking that if Hillary had won and had acted in exactly the same manner?

One question for you, would you be asking that if Hillary had won and had acted in exactly the same manner?

YES!

I don't like her personally, but if she were elected President I would not automatically assume the worst.

I would raise issues of her political actions I disagreed with, and I might offer my OPINION she is a crook. But she would remain the President empowered to act in our national interests by those who voted for her.

YES!

I don't like her personally, but if she were elected President I would not automatically assume the worst.

I would raise issues of her political actions I disagreed with, and I might offer my OPINION she is a crook. But she would remain the President empowered to act in our national interests by those who voted for her.

Have you...Have you ever questioned Trump? Can you link to this?

Totally above board, no doubt. So the assurances from the administration that everything's fine are coming from people who have no idea what Trump has been doing with his benefactor.

Trump has concealed details of his face-to-face encounters with Putin from senior officials in administration

The blatant, naked actions of a guilty man whose world is crumbling down around him, trying to shore up for just a little longer before everything caves in completely

But hey, at least Nixon 2.0 learned from his predecessor's mistakes at least somewhat.

Jeanine Pirro is interviewing Trump, and there's this little bit:

PIRRO: "Are you now or have you ever worked for Russia, Mr. President?"
TRUMP: "I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked... If you read the article, you’ll find they had nothing... It’s called the failing New York Times for a reason..." (then pivots to Comey)

Notice the absence of a "no."

In order to find a frame of reference for Trump's answer, recall that when Donald Trump Jr. was asked if Russians were helping the Trump campaign in 2016, he responded that the question was "disgusting."

One year after that, the trump tower revelation comes out.

Well, my point is that just because YOU and others consider it "abhorrent," that may be simply because of the particular individual and the allegations he is a "Siberian Candidate."

I asked a simple question, and if the answer is "NO, there is no requirement," then much like the demand to reveal one's tax returns it has little meaning except to claim some moral high ground. :shrug:

IMO (whataboutism about to pop up) Obama was not expecting to be overheard when he promised the Russian representative he would have more leeway when he was reelected.

We simply do not know for certain if other Presidents have not done the very same thing with other world leaders. :coffeepap:

The minute I read the OP my first thought was how long would it take for a cultist to bring up having more leeway once again omitting that be was talking about nuclear disarmament...

I think the reason that hasn't happened is because of who is next in line of chain of command.

At least Trump is a known idiot whose blunders keep him somewhat under control. Pence is a total a psycho.

This really stands out:

Not the actions of an innocent man, not in the least, that's for sure. What he's trying to hide, whether it's that he engaged Russia to help him win, whether Russia chose him and is controlling him with Kompromat, or whether he's been a Russian agent since he first went to the USSR in the 80s, I dunno. But there's no doubt he is doing so, and that he's bloody guilty of something big here.

Sarah Sanders' non-denial denial:

"The Washington Post story is so outrageously inaccurate it doesn't even warrant a response.The liberal media has wasted two years trying to manufacture a fake collusion scandal instead of reporting the fact that unlike President Obama, who let Russia and other foreign adversaries push America around, President Trump has actually been tough on Russia."

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1084259112249114626

If he's actually been tough on Russia, he should be happy to have those notes/transcripts released so we can see just what a badass negotiator and tough guy he's been.

You don’t think it’s weird that two foreign leaders met and there’s just no ****in record of what the topics were?

Have you...Have you ever questioned Trump? Can you link to this?

Wow, how short is your memory:

IMO it is misuse of authority to declare a "state of emergency" simply to circumvent a political obstruction, especially when there is no real "emergency."...

...Declaring a state of emergency to do both would IMO be an abuse of power.

Welp. Hath Hell Frozen over??? we agree on something!

Back
Top Bottom