• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Has a Sad

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Facebook's independent Oversight Board ruled to uphold the platform's suspension of former President Trump's account but told the social media giant to rethink the ban's "indefinite" nature.

Gonna have to blog for a while!

Facebook's independent Oversight Board ruled to uphold the platform's suspension of former President Trump's account but told the social media giant to rethink the ban's "indefinite" nature.

Good decision on their part. He's still propagating the lie that led to the insurrection attempt.

They did the right thing. His rhetoric was hateful, untruthful and encouraged violence. He incited an attack on our government, lawmakers and democracy. He endangered our lawmaker's lives and sat back on his bloated ass and watched in glee. Hopefully he will soon be held accountable for all he has done before, during and after his twice impeached failed term. He's a selfish, lying conman traitor, **** him!

Why would anyone give a proven traitor a platform to incite another attack on our nation?!?

Maybe Putin will start a venue for him to post on.

It appears he does not have the resources himself to create a functional one and as we all know he can't get a loan for a used bicycle in the US or most of the civilized world...

oh well, its their platform and they are free to do what they like with in the law. Thats their right, it's their property.

Even reviewing this decision is being NICE and not anything required.

As they should have. He has done nothing to show that he would abide by the terms of service, which includes this:

"..You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
  • That violates these Terms, our Community Standards, and other terms and policies that apply to your use of Facebook.
  • That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
  • That infringes or violates someone else's rights, including their intellectual property rights..."

Trump has been unrepentant and has not shown any indication that he would approach his privilege with Facebook any differently, if given the chance. There is no surprise here other than FB did not buckle to public pressure.

womp womp....the losing streak will never end.

You guys are way off the mark, Trump and his loyal group of conspiracy theory loving lunatics will wear this as a badge of honor.

You guys are way off the mark, Trump and his loyal group of conspiracy theory loving lunatics will wear this as a badge of honor.
Yup. He is now the martyr. The pariah. Further giving him the anti-establishment image. Never mind that he's just another rich, narcissistic, maladjusted, manchild. This is the man that the lemmings will gleefully follow over the edge. Is it perverse of me to know I'll enjoy watching them all fall?

Yup. He is now the martyr. The pariah. Further giving him the anti-establishment image. Never mind that he's just another rich, narcissistic, maladjusted, manchild. This is the man that the lemmings will gleefully follow over the edge. Is it perverse of me to know I'll enjoy watching them all fall?

Not at all, I have been watching in amazement but also amusement at how quickly the whole thing devolved into typical persecution syndrome.

Eh, I'm not sure it matters. These people are so well-practiced at the routine that they could be utterly victimized by a grapefruit, were it helpful to their narrative.

Yes they will, but had Facebook caved, that would have been a victory as well as a badge of honor for them. They can crow about it on Frank if Frank ever gets it's shit together. 😁

*shrug* deplatforming is effective. The lunatics get angrier, but they stop spreading their garbage everywhere and this has the long-term effect of weakening their influence.

You know what's the best part about Trump not being on social media platforms? Less whining from liberals and the media over every little thing he says. It's ****ing exhausting listening to ya'll.

As they should have. He has done nothing to show that he would abide by the terms of service, which includes this:

"..You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
  • That violates these Terms, our Community Standards, and other terms and policies that apply to your use of Facebook.
  • That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
  • That infringes or violates someone else's rights, including their intellectual property rights..."

Trump has been unrepentant and has not shown any indication that he would approach his privilege with Facebook any differently, if given the chance. There is no surprise here other than FB did not buckle to public pressure.

You left off "for any or no reason."

You know what's the best part about Trump not being on social media platforms? Less whining from liberals and the media over every little thing he says. It's ****ing exhausting listening to ya'll.
You log on voluntarily!

Are you a weekly or monthly donor?

;)

You log on voluntarily!

Are you a weekly or monthly donor?

;)
Because I do like to be involved in political discussions, but rational ones. Trump doesn't seem to elicit the best from the left or right, but you have to admit the left is just so much more incessant.

Because I do like to be involved in political discussions, but rational ones. Trump doesn't seem to elicit the best from the left or right, but you have to admit the left is just so much more incessant.
I guess it all depends upon one’s vantage point.

The stakes seem to be pretty high and there are extremes in both camps.

It certainly grab’s one’s attention if one is a political junkie.

Hitler died 76 years ago and people still talk about him and there are still people today in love with the Nazis.

Hitler died 76 years ago and people still talk about him and there are still people today in love with the Nazis.
People talk about him in a historical sense, and those who love Nazis are weirdos that are in love with a lot of stupid shit and are small in number. Completely irrelevant. I'm talking about liberals, who are smart, very smart...just lose their minds whenever the topic is about Trump.

I want rational opposition again.

I agree. Think how happy you'd be if Trump were muzzled completely. We could all enjoy the boredom with Biden 😁

Back
Top Bottom