• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump had central role in hush money payments to women

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankintx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Did President Trump break campaign finance laws. Cohen has implicated Trump as a co conspirator. Trumps legel problems are mounting and the new Dem House will be very interested in this case.

"The report documented multiple instances during the 2016 in which the president intervened directly to suppress the stories of women who said they had sexual relationships with him."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...hush-money-payments-women-wall-street-journal

Last edited:
Did President Trump break campaign finance laws. Cohen has implicated Trump as a co conspirator. Trumps legel problems are mounting and the new Dem House will be very interested in this case.

"The report documented multiple instances during the 2016 in which the president intervened directly to suppress the stories of women who said they had sexual relationships with him."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...hush-money-payments-women-wall-street-journal

1. Non-disclosure agreements are perfectly legal, and

2. As long as Trump used his own money (or a "loan" from a "friend" repaid with his own money) it would be a real s-t-r-e-t-c-h to find a violation of campaign finance law.

Of course the "resistance" is always looking for any and every excuse to negate/delegitimize the results of the 2016 election. :coffeepap:

Nest the Left will insist Trump was not born in the US. :doh Paying for a nondisclosure agreement with your own money is LEGAL. A person can spend as much of his own money as he wants on his own campaign. If you are an Anti Tumpet I would not pin my hope on this pipedream. :lol:

Nest the Left will insist Trump was not born in the US. :doh Paying for a nondisclosure agreement with your own money is LEGAL. A person can spend as much of his own money as he wants on his own campaign. If you are an Anti Tumpet I would not pin my hope on this pipedream. :lol:

All campaign expenses must be reported

you forget to add that small bit of info

I am not a nutty Birther who clings to racist lie to launch ones political career, now what type of fool would try that eh ?

You may want to brush up on campaign finance laws some, let me help you out:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4797126

You may want to brush up on campaign finance laws some, let me help you out:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4797126

Why should we be concerned about campaign finance laws when the left is unconcerned about all laws? We can go back to being a nation of laws once we clean out the infestation of liberals. Job one for us is do whatever it takes to defeat you.

I had to turn away from the disgusting daily news for eight years and now it's your turn to suck it up.

Deal with it and you have a nice day!

Last edited:
Why should we be concerned about campaign finance laws when the left is unconcerned about all laws?

da comrade, you make excellent excuse to no longer scream about law and accountability. Vat excuse do you use to no longer scream about deficits?

Why should we be concerned about campaign finance laws when the left is unconcerned about all laws? We can go back to being a nation of laws once we clean out the infestation of liberals. Job one for us is do whatever it takes to defeat you.

I had to turn away from the disgusting daily news for eight years and now it's your turn to suck it up.

Deal with what? Eight years of what, I have no idea what your talking about.

Guess who will be dealing with House Subpoenas, Trump.

The odd thing is that none of them will care at all about the moral issue as they default to legalities and illegalities as a partisan defense...or simply disapprove in silence, thereby allowing the loyalists to speak for them as they set the new conservative standard.

Long gone are the conservatives who once were able to argue a moral high ground against "the left" when they gave a damn about the sexual misconduct and inappropriate behavior of Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, and Bill Clinton.

Last edited:

Yet another "very conservative" proving his disgust with democracy and how hallowed out so many of you have become. From your own words:

- You are fine with democracy, as long as nobody but the GOP wins.

- You are fine with doing whatever it takes to "save democracy," to include destroying it in the process.

Since 2014, everywhere the GOP has gained power in the country, it has shamelessly gerrymandered to the point that it was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in at least North Carolina, they have introduced state laws that allow the GOP to appoint gubernatorial cabinet members to Democrat governors in which was eventually overturned, and they have practiced "court-packing" everywhere and even at the highest judicial level.

Were you a learned man, you would recognize your behavior from another period in another country that once thought as you did and used these destructive tactics. If you cared to look beyond the ignorance of your post, you may even recognize your behavior in virtually every failed democracy in the twentieth century. If you desire GOP-led autocracy, simply man up and declare it.

Last edited:
~ Of course all this is crucial to the "investigation" of Russia conspirators who got Trump elected ....
Sounds like Mueller is on a roll !

Deal with what? Eight years of what, I have no idea what your talking about.

Guess who will be dealing with House Subpoenas, Trump.

You need that explained to you? I see where you're coming from. I bet you turn your riding mower upside to get the oil out too. Game on!

Yet another "very conservative" proving his disgust with democracy and how hallowed out so many of you have become. From your own words:

- You are fine with doing whatever it takes to "save democracy," to include destroying it in the process.

Since 2014, everywhere the GOP has gained power in the country, it has shamelessly gerrymandered to the point that it was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in at least North Carolina, they have introduced state laws that allow the GOP to appoint gubernatorial cabinet members to Democrat governors in which was eventually overturned, and they have practiced "court-packing" everywhere and even at the highest judicial level.

Were you a learned man, you would recognize your behavior from another period in another country that once thought as you did and used these destructive tactics. If you cared to look beyond the ignorance of your post, you may even recognize your behavior in virtually every failed democracy in the twentieth century. If you desire GOP-led autocracy, simply man up and declare it.

What democracy? We are a Constitutional Republic. Which indoctrination school did you graduate from? The University of Holiday Inn Express?

I'm no longer interested in debating you, my goal is to defeat you. Game on!

~ Of course all this is crucial to the "investigation" of Russia conspirators who got Trump elected ....
Sounds like Mueller is on a roll !

I see you're one of the dreamers... let us know how that works out for you. :lamo :lamo :lamo

All campaign expenses must be reported

you forget to add that small bit of info

I am not a nutty Birther who clings to racist lie to launch ones political career, now what type of fool would try that eh ?

Is this a campaign expense?

What if he was just trying to preserve his marriage against the threats of these extortionists?

Is every philandering rich guy trying to keep a secret a presidential candidate?

So Gerrymandering was NEVER used by any Democrat?

I think you may have gotten a scoop! ;)

2019 should be another entertaining year. IIRC, a sitting President can’t be indicted, but Trump could very well leave the WH straight into a court room and face prison time. OTOH, he could be impeached. Depending upon his actions and the evidence, even a Republican Senate may not stop the process.

2019 should be another entertaining year. IIRC, a sitting President can’t be indicted, but Trump could very well leave the WH straight into a court room and face prison time. OTOH, he could be impeached. Depending upon his actions and the evidence, even a Republican Senate may not stop the process.

That is nothing but whining in the press. Trump will never be impeached because they all know, like Clinton, Trump would emerge even more popular than he is now. You are forgetting Red State people are no longer going to be bowled over and give in to the democrats. We've grown a backbone and we will be fighting back and it's long overdue.

What democracy? We are a Constitutional Republic. Which indoctrination school did you graduate from? The University of Holiday Inn Express?

I'm no longer interested in debating you, my goal is to defeat you. Game on![/QUOTE]

You obviously lack the education, the intellect, and the maturity to debate anybody. Given your posts, your entire purpose on this site is to simply run your mouth, troll, and show your ass.

So Gerrymandering was NEVER used by any Democrat?

Gerrymandering is anti-democratic no matter who does it. But it is the GOP that has been so grossly obnoxious about it across the country since 2012. North Caroline is a perfect case study for the what is happening everywhere:

- The GOP immediately approved a redistricting plan that was widely understood as racially gerrymandering. It concentrated black voters into a small number of districts, thereby diluting their electoral weight and maximizing Republican seat gains. These changes enabled Republicans to capture nine of the state's thirteen congressional seats in 2012, despite Democrats casting more votes statewide. <---- This is not democracy. This is rigging elections.

- In 2012, Republicans began passing a series of electoral reforms making it harder for voters to cast their ballots and so obviously slashed the number of polling places in several key counties (guess who's) that the federal appeals court declared that it was an act of targeting "African-Americans with almost surgical precision."

- When, despite these efforts to rig, a Democrat won the governorship in 2016, the controlling Republican Senate granted itself the authority to confirm gubernatorial cabinet appointments in order to pack the executive branch with their own, thus trying to render the new governor somewhat powerless.

- They also passed to shrink the state court of appeals by three seats, thereby stealing three judicial appointments from the new governor.

So we saw court packing, cabinet packing, negative election board reform, and obnoxious redistricting. The reform of the election boards, as well as the cabinet stacking, were later struck down as unconstitutional. But the sad thing here is that the GOP actually pulled this crap. So much for caring about the "rule of law," constitution, and democracy. This crap has been going on throughout the nation wherever Republicans win control. Why? Because they know that they represent less and less of the population every year. Their extremist tactics help them manipulate the feeble minded into compliance. And so they rig while sad little characters like this "Rusty34" applaud because he is far too ignorant to understand that this is destroying our democracy.

Gerrymandering is anti-democratic no matter who does it. But it is the GOP that has been so grossly obnoxious about it across the country since 2012. North Caroline is a perfect case study for the what is happening everywhere:

- The GOP immediately approved a redistricting plan that was widely understood as racially gerrymandering. It concentrated black voters into a small number of districts, thereby diluting their electoral weight and maximizing Republican seat gains. These changes enabled Republicans to capture nine of the state's thirteen congressional seats in 2012, despite Democrats casting more votes statewide. <---- This is not democracy. This is rigging elections.

- In 2012, Republicans began passing a series of electoral reforms making it harder for voters to cast their ballots and so obviously slashed the number of polling places in several key counties (guess who's) that the federal appeals court declared that it was an act of targeting "African-Americans with almost surgical precision."

- When, despite these efforts to rig, a Democrat won the governorship in 2016, the controlling Republican Senate granted itself the authority to confirm gubernatorial cabinet appointments in order to pack the executive branch with their own, thus trying to render the new governor somewhat powerless.

- They also passed to shrink the state court of appeals by three seats, thereby stealing three judicial appointments from the new governor.

So we saw court packing, cabinet packing, negative election board reform, and obnoxious redistricting. The reform of the election boards, as well as the cabinet stacking, were later struck down as unconstitutional. But the sad thing here is that the GOP actually pulled this crap. So much for caring about the "rule of law," constitution, and democracy. This crap has been going on throughout the nation wherever Republicans win control. Why? Because they know that they represent less and less of the population every year. Their extremist tactics help them manipulate the feeble minded into compliance. And so they rig while sad little characters like this "Rusty34" applaud because he is far too ignorant to understand that this is destroying our democracy.

I stopped reading when I got to the date of 2012.

To quote that great political thinker, John McEnroe, "You cannot be serious!"

What other political party was in the majority after 2012?

1. Non-disclosure agreements are perfectly legal, and

2. As long as Trump used his own money (or a "loan" from a "friend" repaid with his own money) it would be a real s-t-r-e-t-c-h to find a violation of campaign finance law.

Of course the "resistance" is always looking for any and every excuse to negate/delegitimize the results of the 2016 election. :coffeepap:

we already know he didn't use his money...he asked Cohen to pay it for him.

The odd thing is that none of them will care at all about the moral issue as they default to legalities and illegalities as a partisan defense...or simply disapprove in silence, thereby allowing the loyalists to speak for them as they set the new conservative standard.

Long gone are the conservatives who once were able to argue a moral high ground against "the left" when they gave a damn about the sexual misconduct and inappropriate behavior of Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, and Bill Clinton.

Trump has stronger support among evangelicals than any president ever. That tells you all you need to know about evangelicals.

so the one party communist ideal is what you like?

Trump has stronger support among evangelicals than any president ever. That tells you all you need to know about evangelicals.
Yes ! They are smart!

The Bible is full of leaders that had personal defects. David had sex with another man's wife and sent that man to the front of the line so he would be killed

Moses killed a man in a fit of anger.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

It not as much about the leader's personal morals but rather what will he do that would let everyone follow their own morals. Its about freedom of religion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom