• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump had central role in hush money payments to women

Status
Not open for further replies.
we already know he didn't use his money...he asked Cohen to pay it for him.
And he paid Cohen back. Haven't you ever had a friend buy something then later paid them back.

I stopped reading when I got to the date of 2012.

To quote that great political thinker, John McEnroe, "You cannot be serious!"

What other political party was in the majority after 2012?

I am talking nation wide in the fifty states. Why do you think I used North Carolina as a case study for what is happening all over? Oh, but you didn't read past "2012." In other words, I wasted my time. I would offer you some insight of this crap on the national government level, but what's the point?

Last edited:
Trump has stronger support among evangelicals than any president ever. That tells you all you need to know about evangelicals.

That's the real shame. I don't know how many conservatives have come along and tied Donald Trump to Jesus Christ. Check this out...

Trump and Jesus.jpg

So Gerrymandering was NEVER used by any Democrat?

I think you may have gotten a scoop! ;)
Yeah I remember one gerrymandered district in Texas that from the south Dallas area down I35 on the Democrat side of the highway for over 50miles and ended up in another large very democrat neighborhood. When it was finally redistricted the Congressman that had held the seat didn't even run again.

That is nothing but whining in the press. Trump will never be impeached because they all know, like Clinton, Trump would emerge even more popular than he is now. You are forgetting Red State people are no longer going to be bowled over and give in to the democrats. We've grown a backbone and we will be fighting back and it's long overdue.

This is just pathetic. It was bad enough that you people began developing an emotional state where you were all victims of an imaginary enemy. Now you are actually branding yourselves as cowards who have discovered a "backbone" to fight this imaginary enemy?

Being foolishly stubborn about being ignorant is not a backbone, nor is it courage. In case you are completely incapable of reality, allow me to inform you that Republicans had controlled Congress for two years, along with having the Executive. In that time, what immigration reform occurred? Where's the wall? How's the debt? Do you see how having Congress and the Executive for two full years produced largely nothing and kind of makes your argument about taking it from Democrats sort of stupid?

Other than obvious trolling, do you have anything at all to actually offer?

so the one party communist ideal is what you like?

That's too much thinking. He has clearly not thought about anything beyond his own personal and irrational hatreds and ignorant rhetoric as a victim to realize what he is preaching.

Gerrymandering is anti-democratic no matter who does it. But it is the GOP that has been so grossly obnoxious about it across the country since 2012. North Caroline is a perfect case study for the what is happening everywhere:

- The GOP immediately approved a redistricting plan that was widely understood as racially gerrymandering. It concentrated black voters into a small number of districts, thereby diluting their electoral weight and maximizing Republican seat gains. These changes enabled Republicans to capture nine of the state's thirteen congressional seats in 2012, despite Democrats casting more votes statewide. <---- This is not democracy. This is rigging elections.

- In 2012, Republicans began passing a series of electoral reforms making it harder for voters to cast their ballots and so obviously slashed the number of polling places in several key counties (guess who's) that the federal appeals court declared that it was an act of targeting "African-Americans with almost surgical precision."

- When, despite these efforts to rig, a Democrat won the governorship in 2016, the controlling Republican Senate granted itself the authority to confirm gubernatorial cabinet appointments in order to pack the executive branch with their own, thus trying to render the new governor somewhat powerless.

- They also passed to shrink the state court of appeals by three seats, thereby stealing three judicial appointments from the new governor.

So we saw court packing, cabinet packing, negative election board reform, and obnoxious redistricting. The reform of the election boards, as well as the cabinet stacking, were later struck down as unconstitutional. But the sad thing here is that the GOP actually pulled this crap. So much for caring about the "rule of law," constitution, and democracy. This crap has been going on throughout the nation wherever Republicans win control. Why? Because they know that they represent less and less of the population every year. Their extremist tactics help them manipulate the feeble minded into compliance. And so they rig while sad little characters like this "Rusty34" applaud because he is far too ignorant to understand that this is destroying our democracy.

California was once a red state but allowing unfettered immigration has completely transformed it into what we now have over there. We will eventually cease to be Constitutional Republic because your side is throwing gasoline on the fire.

This is just pathetic. It was bad enough that you people began developing an emotional state where you were all victims of an imaginary enemy. Now you are actually branding yourselves as cowards who have discovered a "backbone" to fight this imaginary enemy?

Being foolishly stubborn about being ignorant is not a backbone, nor is it courage. In case you are completely incapable of reality, allow me to inform you that Republicans had controlled Congress for two years, along with having the Executive. In that time, what immigration reform occurred? Where's the wall? How's the debt? Do you see how having Congress and the Executive for two full years produced largely nothing and kind of makes your argument about taking it from Democrats sort of stupid?

Other than obvious trolling, do you have anything at all to actually offer?

The rino republicans are as much to blame for our current situation including the debt as the democrats. We have an unopposed wrought with fraud healthcare monopoly at the controls which is unsustainable. I don't need to write any more than that, what I've just stated essentially lays out our future condition in a nutshell and you seem to be voting for more of it.

Last edited:
That is nothing but whining in the press. Trump will never be impeached because they all know, like Clinton, Trump would emerge even more popular than he is now. You are forgetting Red State people are no longer going to be bowled over and give in to the democrats. We've grown a backbone and we will be fighting back and it's long overdue.

Sad. It used to be Americans stood for truth and honesty. Now you are claiming they are backing a liar just because of his political affiliation.

California was once a red state but allowing unfettered immigration has completely transformed it into what we now have over there. We will eventually cease to be Constitutional Republic because your side is throwing gasoline on the fire.

Well, my side includes the likes of Dole (R), Bush (R), McCain (R), and Obama (D).

You appear overly concerned with red/blue colors. Perhaps if you actually cared about your country and less about proving your team spirit, you might come to understand that you are exactly why this country is so ****ed up anymore.

And I showed you quite clearly that it is the GOP that has been damaging our democracy across the country for years. The evidence is clear. And as long as people like you preach about doing anything to deny anybody other than a conservative his representation in government, you are advocating for autocracy. If we cease to be a Constitutional Republic, it will be because of people like you, who prefer a dictator...as long as he is a "Republican."

You might want to discover the conservative attitude and behavior in the years prior to the Third Reich. That would be in the country of Germany.

Sad. It used to be Americans stood for truth and honesty. Now you are claiming they are backing a liar just because of his political affiliation.

I see it as identifying the enemy and purging his values from our Constitutional Republic.

Well, my side includes the likes of Dole (R), Bush (R), McCain (R), and Obama (D).

You appear overly concerned with red/blue colors. Perhaps if you actually cared about your country and less about proving your team spirit, you might come to understand that you are exactly why this country is so ****ed up anymore.

And I showed you quite clearly that it is the GOP that has been damaging our democracy across the country for years. The evidence is clear. And as long as people like you preach about doing anything to deny anybody other than a conservative his representation in government, you are advocating for autocracy. If we cease to be a Constitutional Republic, it will be because of people like you, who prefer a dictator...as long as he is a "Republican."

You might want to discover the conservative attitude and behavior in the years prior to the Third Reich. That would be in the country of Germany.

Your views are not my views but I do respect your right to hold them. I would prefer to live peacefully alongside my fellow Americans who might see things differently than I but we have a marriage that is no longer working under the current rules. A brother may soon be taking up arms against his brother we are so divided and it shouldn't be.

The rino republicans.....

Yeah, bleh, bleh, bleh.

Right-wing media and conservative interest groups have been pushing center-right conservatives out of office for years. This is why the GOP has been the driving force of this politcal division. Perhaps it is time to recognize that these "rino" Republicans are the true conservatives while the lot of you proved how easily manipulated you were as you were encouraged to embrace your irrational hatreds, designed imaginations, and extremist moods.

Please explain to me how these four leaders worked to prosper us as a nation of liberty rather than toward building larger more powerful government to enslave us as I see it.

Please explain to me how these four leaders worked to prosper us as a nation of liberty rather than toward building larger more powerful government to enslave us as I see it.

Oh, do you feel enslaved? Because, again, last I checked the GOP owned Congress and the Executive for two full years. Did they not bother to free you? Or is this more of your imagination run wild?

And when it comes to debt, something conservatives have traditionally lied about caring about, how does one like yourself reconcile that two years of GOP-controlled Washington only managed to severely cut taxes....while significantly increasing government spending? Guess who is going to eventually pay that? Well, it will be you...someone who's tax-cuts weren't permanent. For that matter...

- How does "America First" mean buying MAGA hats from China...who we are supposed to hate for unfair business practices?
- How does "America First" mean hiring immigrants over American citizens?

While declaring all who refuse to bow to Orange Leader's majesty as a "Rino," you may want to actually look into what a conservative is even supposed to be. In the meantime, keep maintaining that imagination and this culture of irrationality as they manipulate you into blind worship for a silver-spooned elitist who used you.

Last edited:
Oh, do you feel enslaved? Because, again, last I checked the GOP owned Congress and the Executive for two full years. Did they not bother to free you? Or is this more of your imagination run wild?

And when it comes to debt, something conservatives have traditionally lied about caring about, how does one like yourself reconcile that two years of GOP-controlled Washington only managed to severely cut taxes....while significantly increasing government spending? Guess who is going to eventually pay that? Well, it will be you...someone who's tax-cuts weren't permanent. For that matter...

- How does "America First" mean buying MAGA hats from China...who we are supposed to hate for unfair business practices?
- How does "America First" mean hiring immigrants over American citizens?

While declaring all who refuse to bow to Orange Leader's majesty as a "Rino," you may want to actually look into what a conservative is even supposed to be. In the meantime, keep maintaining that imagination as they manipulate you into blind worship for a silver-spooned elitist who used you.

We didn't vote for Trump thinking he was a conservative. We voted for Trump thinking he was a giant monkey wrench. Trump turned out to be a pretty good giant monkey wrench actually beyond our expectations. Notice he is continually shining a spotlight on the vermin and the vermin are scurrying. Job one is identify vermin and defeat them when we can. Conservatism will have to wait until we've accomplished a lot more house cleaning.

Vermin started getting in in 1913. They were attracted to Woodrow Wilson.

We didn't vote for Trump thinking he was a conservative. We voted for Trump thinking he was a giant monkey wrench.

Yeah, it's done wonders.

Aside from systematically removing American influence in virtually every region on the planet (do you need a factual instruction?) while giving our enemies room to maneuver in our absence, he has done nothing to "drain the swamp." He immediately filled his cabinet with career lobbyists, interest groups, and Wall Street insiders (the swamp). He has done nothing to reduce debt (actually increasing it) and has left you with the eventual bill of increased spending. He has done nothing to actually reform immigration, but he has exacerbated bad laws and rules for political gain. And he failed completely to destroy ObamaCare. And you complain about the "Rinos" who might have actually accomplished something by working the aisle?

In the end, he has been no monkey wrench. He has been destructive and merely fed the system. So, good job being manipulated so that he could send more money into the pockets of those who create the swamp. You all voted for Trump because you didn't think. You chanted "drain the swamp" while voting for a man who was on record for buying politicians. You allowed your culture of irrationality lead you into his senseless mottoes and his knack for harnessing your bitterness of a world you stopped trying to understanding years ago.

And what was the latest thing he had you all on about? Oh yeah...the "caravan." He doesn't have much to say about that anymore, does he? Start thinking.

actually, you are wrong.

California voted blue up until 1944, Nixon barely won in California in 1960.
Reagan was from California...so it is reasonable to expect he would win...he was also very popular and a moderate.

In fact, the state in history has jumped back and forth....as of late, yes it has been blue....I guess you think Latinos shouldn't be allowed to vote...

The rino republicans are as much to blame for our current situation including the debt as the democrats. We have an unopposed wrought with fraud healthcare monopoly at the controls which is unsustainable. I don't need to write any more than that, what I've just stated essentially lays out our future condition in a nutshell and you seem to be voting for more of it.

If it weren't for those supposed Rino Republicans you wouldn't have a party...except a losing one.

I see it as identifying the enemy and purging his values from our Constitutional Republic.

I fully support identifying enemies, both foreign and domestic, to the Constitution. I’ve sworn an oath to do so at least 7 times and continue to abide by that oath. Have you ever done so?

actually, you are wrong.

California voted blue up until 1944, Nixon barely won in California in 1960.
Reagan was from California...so it is reasonable to expect he would win...he was also very popular and a moderate.

In fact, the state in history has jumped back and forth....as of late, yes it has been blue....I guess you think Latinos shouldn't be allowed to vote...

What I think does not matter, it is what the Constitution of the United States says that matters.

Yeah, it's done wonders.

Aside from systematically removing American influence in virtually every region on the planet (do you need a factual instruction?) while giving our enemies room to maneuver in our absence, he has done nothing to "drain the swamp." He immediately filled his cabinet with career lobbyists, interest groups, and Wall Street insiders (the swamp). He has done nothing to reduce debt (actually increasing it) and has left you with the eventual bill of increased spending. He has done nothing to actually reform immigration, but he has exacerbated bad laws and rules for political gain. And he failed completely to destroy ObamaCare. And you complain about the "Rinos" who might have actually accomplished something by working the aisle?

In the end, he has been no monkey wrench. He has been destructive and merely fed the system. So, good job being manipulated so that he could send more money into the pockets of those who create the swamp. You all voted for Trump because you didn't think. You chanted "drain the swamp" while voting for a man who was on record for buying politicians. You allowed your culture of irrationality lead you into his senseless mottoes and his knack for harnessing your bitterness of a world you stopped trying to understanding years ago.

And what was the latest thing he had you all on about? Oh yeah...the "caravan." He doesn't have much to say about that anymore, does he? Start thinking.

While Trump has certainly shaken some things up, which needed shaking, sadly, I have to agree with you that he’s not the monkey wrench he claimed he’d be. He’s as corrupt as Hillary, but without the moxy nor the political machine. While he’s done some damage to the reputation of the United States, he’s mostly made a fool of himself with his lies and constant stream of juvenile BS.

Happy 243rd Birthday!

Last edited:
While Trump has certainly shaken some things up, which needed shaking, sadly, I have to agree with you that he’s not the monkey wrench he claimed he’d be. He’s as corrupt as Hillary, but without the moxy nor the political machine. While he’s done some damage to the reputation of the United States, he’s mostly made a fool of himself with his lies and constant stream of juvenile BS.

Happy 243rd Birthday!

How could he? The rino Republicans in the Senate blocked his every move. John McCain holds the distinguishing honor of single handedly killing the Amendment to abolish Obamacare by voting against it. John McCain used to live in the swamp. No one except One knows where he is now.

I am talking nation wide in the fifty states. Why do you think I used North Carolina as a case study for what is happening all over? Oh, but you didn't read past "2012." In other words, I wasted my time. I would offer you some insight of this crap on the national government level, but what's the point?

Gerrymandering on the national level? Even more interesting.

Gerrymandering is a political device and it always has been used by the party in majority ON THE STATE LEVEL where elections are conducted.

Even before ol' Gerry made it a thing, it was being used at least to some extent. Those voting districts didn't draw themselves.

If human beings were involved in the drawing of the districts, then human influence was involved in where, when and why they were drawn where they were drawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom