• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump grand jury ending in N.Y. with no charges against ex-president

Last edited:
So, question: should we conclude that Trump is "squeaky clean" in the same way that conservatives concluded that Hillary Clinton was squeaky clean after no investigations went anywhere and no charges were brought against her?

Perhaps we should just provide a link to this thread when any discussion of any "criminal" on the left comes up. . . .

Because a jury wouldn't listen to him? I doubt that if you did your job in jury selection. But ok, 'Merka.

They never had anything to begin with.Trump is squeaky clean and they know it. They had no choice but to give up.

Not at all a correct interpretation of this. The Grand Jury did expire without an indictment, but saying Trump is "squeaky clean" is nothing short of delusional.

Don't worry... they'll throw him in jail for obstruction of justice as soon as he's no longer a sitting President. It's all in the Mueller Report.

😂
They absolutely could have prosecuted him, but no one had the cajones. Now the statue of limitations prevents this. I am not saying they should have as indicting a former POTUS is problematic. That said, he is now in the cross hairs of an investigation of a far more serious crime.

Last edited:
I never expected him to go to jail.

I just want to see him hounded by the system until the day he dies.
Neither wish coming true. No jail and Trump is golfing most days in Florida.
With secret service protection! Perfect golf weather in Florida.

They say you can indict a ham sandwich but they couldn't get Trump. The prosecutor should be fired.

On a side note I am amazed at how squeaky clean Trump is turning out to be.

I am too. He's cleaner than an operating room!

Not at all a correct interpretation of this. The Grand Jury did expire without an indictment, but saying Trump is "squeaky clean" is nothing short of delusional.

Guess you've never heard the old saw "a grand jury could indict a ham sandwich" if the Prosecutor had the slightest evidence of wrongdoing.

For a Grand Jury to opt NOT to do so either means the Prosecutor had an extremely weak case, or no actual case at all.

They absolutely could have prosecuted him, but no one had the cajones. Now the statue of limitations prevents this. I am not saying they should have as indicting a former POTUS is problematic. That said, he is now in the cross hairs of an investigation of a far more serious crime.

I doubt it. In the first case the Russian Collusion case was B.S. That left the "obstruction" issue, which Mueller tried to give weight to.

However, if there WAS an actual obstruction case, don't you think that a Congress controlled by the Democrats which impeached him TWICE on the sketchiest of evidence, would not have done so if the obstruction issue had any real evidence at all?

The fact they didn't is answer enough as to the merits of "obstruction." :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom