• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump grand jury ending in N.Y. with no charges against ex-president

One more prediction from the left swishing down the toilet. I am sure they will come up with something else very soon.
They have no choice. I'm thinking section 3 of the 14th amendment is their best chance of keeping him from running for POTUS again. Him winning again is their biggest fear, because now he has a better grasp of how the swamp creatures work behind cover.

For one investigation. There are several still going on.

This will never end.
Trump is currently being fined 3,650,000 dollars a year in just one case for contempt of court. That hardly qualifies as being "squeaky clean." ;)

Trump is currently being fined 3,650,000 dollars a year in just one case for contempt of court. That hardly qualifies as being "squeaky clean." ;)

Hyperbole.

The fine began on 04/25/22 and is $10,000 per day pending production of documents or evidence such documents don't exist. Your assumption it will continue for at least a year if not more is pure projection.

Meanwhile, IMO no one is "squeaky clean." I believe everyone has one or more bones (if not complete skeletons) in their "memory closets" of past bad deeds.

That is the meat and potato's of every "witch-hunt" ever promulgated on a targeted person.

That is why I doubt the validity of any "investigation" whose sole purpose is to dig up any kind of dirt possible to destroy a particular target of ire.

We can clearly see that many Americans, for whatever reason, are primed to accept the worst of someone, as long as it is not them in that "spotlight of truth."

Hyperbole.

The fine began on 04/25/22 and is $10,000 per day pending production of documents or evidence such documents don't exist. Your assumption it will continue for at least a year if not more is pure projection.

Meanwhile, IMO no one is "squeaky clean." I believe everyone has one or more bones (if not complete skeletons) in their "memory closets" of past bad deeds.

That is the meat and potato's of every "witch-hunt" ever promulgated on a targeted person.

That is why I doubt the validity of any "investigation" whose sole purpose is to dig up any kind of dirt possible to destroy a particular target of ire.

We can clearly see that many Americans, for whatever reason, are primed to accept the worst of someone, as long as it is not them in that "spotlight of truth."
Wasn't it Lavrentiy Beria who said "Show me the man, I'll show you the crime"?

Wasn't it Lavrentiy Beria who said "Show me the man, I'll show you the crime"?

Exactly. (y)

Anyone who thinks all these pile-on investigations isn't simply an attempt to destroy Trump's chances to run for election again is either being willfully blind, or otherwise blinded by their own confirmation bias.

Trump is no angel. Nor is anyone else IMO.

But this non-stop "investigation" effort (which began almost the moment Trump threw his hat into the ring back in 2016) is just dirty politics as usual.

He's a front man and your his mark! You ought to see what your post looks like up against actual facts!

Mob "front man" is able to have loans in hundreds of millions despite the COO of his "company" being under indictment
for felonies related to that business activity yet still being allowed to operate it, and despite "the Front Man's" charity being shut down
for fraud, dissolved, "the Front Man's" closest 2016 campaign associates all being convicted by juries or entered guilty pleas and
"the Front Man" himself being under criminal investigation by the DOJ and criminally in the states of GA and MI, and by the civilly by the Attorney General of the state of NY.

April 18, 2022
"..Investigators assert that Weisselberg got a plethora of untaxed company perks, like a swanky apartment, luxury car, and expensive private school tuition for his grandkids. But McConney—who’s been a corporate accountant for decades—swore he wasn’t even aware they counted..."

Aptil 29, 2022

What kind of RNC and major lenders turn blind eyes to such extremist entanglements?

Judge 'surprised' at Trump claim he has no documents sought in probe

A New York judge expressed surprise on Friday that Donald Trump, a man he described as perhaps the world's most famous real estate developer, was unable to provide any documents sought in a probe of the Trump Organization, his family company.
www.reuters.com
April 29, 20229:21 PM EDT
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/

I'm glad you agree that Trump has not been charged with a crime.

Hyperbole.

Not so much "Hyperbole", CA, but 'admittedly' failing to insert the words 'up to' before the 3,650,000 number, which was my intent.

For one investigation. There are several still going on.

This will never end.
The time ran out for the GJ and they didn't extend it.
it doesn't mean they don't have anything on Trump
. The DA even says they will keep investigating so they are going to keep proceeding
we will have to see what they do
Have a nice day

Trump is so "squeaky clean" that he didn't steal millions from a 'charity' his own so-called 'foundation' set up, in order to use the money for self promotion. He also didn't defraud hundreds of students he had to settle with to the tune of $25 million. What a fine, honest and morally upright individual. Right? Trump has been a crook his entire life; a con-man, thief, fraudster and lying racist, who sees encounters with the law as an occupational hazard. And you want to actually defend him?
And just think you just listed all his GOOD points
Have a nice day

In a sane world, the prosecutors would be charged with misconduct for using their office to target a political enemy...with a purely political agenda. EVERYNE knows this was bullshit from the start...even the slobberign idiot leftists that support it. The same piece of shit leftists that pee themselves if a drug dealers rights arent followed to the letter of the law cheer and celebrate when the FBI, Congress, and now NY DAs use their authority to fabricate charges. They are also the first mindless asswipes to scream "Fascist!!!" any time they dont get their way on some sick perverted social agenda item.

Hyperbole.

You really know how to spoil their silly stories with facts. Good job!! 😉👍

Guess you've never heard the old saw "a grand jury could indict a ham sandwich" if the Prosecutor had the slightest evidence of wrongdoing.

For a Grand Jury to opt NOT to do so either means the Prosecutor had an extremely weak case, or no actual case at all.

I doubt it. In the first case the Russian Collusion case was B.S. That left the "obstruction" issue, which Mueller tried to give weight to.

However, if there WAS an actual obstruction case, don't you think that a Congress controlled by the Democrats which impeached him TWICE on the sketchiest of evidence, would not have done so if the obstruction issue had any real evidence at all?

The fact they didn't is answer enough as to the merits of "obstruction." :coffee:
Again, more than 1000 US former US prosecutors said what was contained in the Mueller Report rose to the very high standard followed by the Feds of a prosecutable case (they have 92% conviction rate). He did it. Garland chose not to prosecute it, likely because he has bigger fish to fry (like conspiracy to commit sedition). A former President is going to be well shielded from a prosecution by mere politics. If you are going to shoot the king, you better kill the king. Carrying out an obstruction of justice prosecution would not be broadly accepted by the American population AND would interfere with the bigger, more serious matter.

Seems like Democrats can find dozens of just about anyone to tow the party line...
What are you trying to say here, that the 1000 US attorneys are "towing the line?". The first time I read that, I did not realize that you are trying to suggest that the 1000 US prosecutors were making a political statement. I gave you too much credit I guess, as its an idiotic statement. There is nothing political about who they are or what they said. They are law enforcement professionals concerned about the rule of law. What Trump did was an assault on their professional existence; their very being. If this were a political statement, there would be a counter-narrative, experts defending what Trump did. No one has.

This is a prima facie case (1000 former prosecutors of all political stripes --- experts on the issue). Trump is "fortunate" that he has so many other legal messes of a grandier scale that obstruction of justice was relatively trivial, in the way an armed robbery is relatively trivial to a murder.

Defending the moral character of Donald Trump is a fool's errand. He is a man without character.

Last edited:
Again, more than 1000 US former US prosecutors said what was contained in the Mueller Report rose to the very high standard followed by the Feds of a prosecutable case (they have 92% conviction rate). He did it. Garland chose not to prosecute it, likely because he has bigger fish to fry (like conspiracy to commit sedition). A former President is going to be well shielded from a prosecution by mere politics. If you are going to shoot the king, you better kill the king. Carrying out an obstruction of justice prosecution would not be broadly accepted by the American population AND would interfere with the bigger, more serious matter.

Yet not only did nothing come of it during his Administration, but there also isn't much movement now is there?

Meanwhile, how many "former and current" whatever's have been wrong about things?

We have all those former and current "Intelligence" leaders who swore Hunter Biden's laptop was "Russian misinformation."

Then there all those "former and current" educators, generals, doctor's who signed petitions asserting all sort of evils to Trump pre- and post-election 2016.

Perhaps you have not been following current events these days, but over the last decade our nation has become highly divisive.

Lot's of people are willing to assert the "truth" about all sorts of issues if they dislike the target.

I'll stick to "witch-hunt" since IMO that has been the modus operandi of your side of the argument for quite a few years.

There wasn't even a possibility, since the grand jury determined there was no case.

It's important to see the mindset of how the left operate - they want to punish people for crimes that never make it to the courtroom.

They believe in extra-judicial trials by media and an angry mob.
There was never any case.... Just another partisan AG fishing for crimes...

Whatever will our honest leftist friends try and do next?

:giggle::coffee::giggle:

For actual context to this story and why it stinks to high hell;

Looks more like the DA just had their off shore accounts filled up.

Back
Top Bottom