• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Trump got better' commemorative coins for sale, White House

snakestretcher

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I had to do a double take when I heard this on the BBC news. The White House, always a place where weird meets more weird, has decided that Trump's brief sojourn in hospital, his irresponsible maskless behaviour upon leaving whilst still infectious, is deserving of a gift shop coin? I can't begin to tell you how surreal this is-if true:
What next, a statue in a heroic pose, defiantly stamping on a pile of masks?

Last edited:
Think how rare they'll be when he dies on Saturday! (Not that I wish him dead, that's my professional diagnosis.)

I had to do a double take when I heard this on the BBC news. The White House, always a place where weird meets more weird, has decided that Trump's brief sojourn in hospital, his irresponsible maskless behaviour upon leaving whilst still infectious, is deserving of a gift shop coin? I can't begin to tell you how surreal this is-if true:
The reality is he would be defiantly stamping on a pile of dead people. When has Trump ever in a decent tone acknowledged the people who have died from Covid? It's always about him.

My personal favorite:

TBH The White House Gift Shop is a private enterprise.

how embarrassing it must be to have to constantly defend this idiot.

Hawking junk. It would be something normally radioactive to me. But, it's so worth laughing at, I just might...

I'm surprised he doesn't gold-foil wrap his turds for sale. He's such a Gonster Macher.

I think an interesting question is whether the Regeneron monoclonal antibodies will prove to be a game changer?

Thanks for the post! I actually just ordered one. This could become really valuable for my kids or grandkids 50 years from now, especially if he has a relapse or is a one term president or both. Cost is $100 so the worst that could happen is I lose a hundred bucks.

It's a private company. It can do whatever it wants. I'm sure they will make money off of this item.

If you read the website, it's got some interesting history. Apparently the secret service operated a gift shop at the White House at one time to provide commemorative gifts to visitors. However, that became unworkable as the responsibilities of the secret service grew. They transferred ownership to a private company, and supported their 'ownership' of the name, in exchange for the company agreeing to preserve the history of the shop.

It's a private company. It can do whatever it wants. I'm sure they will make money off of this item.

If you read the website, it's got some interesting history. Apparently the secret service operated a gift shop at the White House at one time to provide commemorative gifts to visitors. However, that became unworkable as the responsibilities of the secret service grew. They transferred ownership to a private company, and supported their 'ownership' of the name, in exchange for the company agreeing to preserve the history of the shop.
Yeah, really interesting-not. Trump getting over a mild case of Covid-19 deserves a commemorative medal? That's so pathetically sad; does his fragile ego have no bounds, and what makes him more special than anyone else who recovered?

Yeah, really interesting-not. Trump getting over a mild case of Covid-19 deserves a commemorative medal? That's so pathetically sad; does his fragile ego have no bounds, and what makes him more special than anyone else who recovered?
Again, this is a private company that has a trademark, "The White House Gift Shop". Trump has nothing to do with it. I do think it's silly, but people buy crap like that. Hard to blame the company for selling things that people will buy.

Do they have a design ready for "trump croaked" commemorative coins?

Do they have a design ready for "trump croaked" commemorative coins?
Probably not, "croaked", but I wouldn't be surprised if they are ready for the death of the current or former presidents. They do have bobbleheads.

The White House Gift Shop is being operated by Giannini Strategic Enterprises on behalf of the U.S. Secret Service Uniformed Division Benefit Fund. So, the operation is still run under the auspices of the Fund but not directly run by the Secret Service. Give the below a read and you’ll find that the typical gift of past was nothing like these coins that only falsely promote the greatness and accomplishment of Trump. The shop should be under the GSA and not in any way, however slight, connected to the SS.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/white-house-gift-shop-tpm-investigation-continues

Think how rare they'll be when he dies on Saturday! (Not that I wish him dead, that's my professional diagnosis.)
he looks like hell, makeup can't hide that, i dont believe he has recovered.

Bobble heads are exclusively Mike Pence design!

Back
Top Bottom