• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Goons Giving Out HOME Addresses/Phone Numbers of CO Convention Attendees[W:21]

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Re: Trump Goons Giving Out HOME Addresses & Phone Numbers of CO Convention Attendees

Again, sitting here watching the GOP implode is both entertaining and sad. Going so far off the rails with **** like this there is no looking back.

Re: Trump Goons Giving Out HOME Addresses & Phone Numbers of CO Convention Attendees

Trump Goons Now Giving Out HOME Addresses & Phone Numbers in Colorado | RedState

Trump attempts to foment a "coup" to overturn a lawful process by violence.

I don't approve of what Trump is doing. If Trump doesn't like it then he should have invested in state organization. The Colorado elections might seem unfair at first, but each state can choose how they go about their nomination process.

not cool to give out addresses and numbers /personal info....it's very ****ed up, in fact.

make the forum great again.:lol:
:lamo

"I will build a firewall around it, and make the POE's, Troll's, & Sock's ISP pay for it"!

:lamo

And yet they accuse Cruz of "Gestapo Tactics"

It seems as though literally everything they accuse others of doing, Trump or his campaign has done themselves.

You Republicans aught to get behind Mr. Trump and give him a fifty per cent.

You Republicans aught to get behind Mr. Trump and give him a fifty per cent.

:) #NeverTrump.

:) #NeverTrump.

Good then, I watch your Party crumble into the ashes, do what is worst for you.

How about the goons that gave out trumps address and social security number, was that ok ?

Good then, I watch your Party crumble into the ashes, do what is worst for you.

Oh no, far and away the worst option is letting Trump define the party. Better to lose the White House in 2016 than see the party fall apart and turn into a warped cartoon of itself.

How about the goons that gave out trumps address and social security number, was that ok ?

Nope. I would say that the impact is far less significant, given that A) Trump's address is bragged about constantly in his books and B) he has Secret Service protection. Releasing Obama's address (hint, it's on Pennsylvania Avenue) isn't much of a threat, because he's protected.

Releasing individual delegate data, however, is explicitly a threat, especially when combined with urgings for people to "go find them". It's why, for example, such an action here on this forum will get you instantly banned.

Nope. I would say that the impact is far less significant, given that A) Trump's address is bragged about constantly in his books and B) he has Secret Service protection. Releasing Obama's address (hint, it's on Pennsylvania Avenue) isn't much of a threat, because he's protected.

Releasing individual delegate data, however, is explicitly a threat, especially when combined with urgings for people to "go find them". It's why, for example, such an action here on this forum will get you instantly banned.

I disagree giving out anyones address publically or on the internet has the same intent no matter who it is.

In colorado they stripped americans of their right to vote for the candidate they chose. They should be punished for it. Thats the most blatant rape of democratic voting ive ever seen in my near 69 yrs.

I understand its been a rule of the GOP and the democrats have a similar super delegate rule to screw voters but I never saw it in practice like Stripping an entire state of their right to vote. That is disgusting and should have never been and should never be allowed to go uncontested.

I disagree giving out anyones address publically or on the internet has the same intent no matter who it is.

Eh, I dunno. Every schoolchild learns where President Obama lives. That's not a threat. Trump lives in Trump Tower - he talks about it in his books. Publishing his books isn't a threat. It becomes a threat in context, a context that was definitely there for both the delegates in Colorado, and Roger Stones' threat to release the hotel names and room numbers of delegates in Cleveland.

In colorado they stripped americans of their right to vote for the candidate they chose.

What? No they didn't.

1. You don't have a right to vote in a GOP Primary election - that's why (for example) they can limit it to Registered Republicans (which they did). The GOP could choose their Presidential candidate via coin tosses, straw polls, or cage-match fighting if it wanted to, it's a private organization.

2. That being said, the people of Colorado did vote, they simply voted in caucuses at the precinct level, for unbound delegates, rather than at the State level, for bound delegates. The system doesn't get more grass roots.

3. Caucuses are more resource and organization intensive, and you have to have a plan accordingly. Trump, apparently, had no idea that the race was a caucus, had no organization, and had no plan. He fired the guy who was supposed to be rounding up delegates for him the day before the vote. The campaign in some cases didn't even pay the fee to put a delegate on the ballot. Astonishingly, having failed the fee to appear to be on the ballot, and then having failed to actually show up to do the work of trying to convince their fellow voters to vote for them in the caucus, Trump's "delegates" (when and where they existed) did badly.

Furthermore, all of this was laid out in public last August. The Caucus System in Colorado is laid out in the publicly available and easily web-searchable Party Rules.

In short - winning a caucus requires more management and planning, especially when that caucus is not for a presidential candidate, but for unbound delegates (as Colorado's are, and have been), but this process was easily discoverable and conquerable for anyone with a modicum of planning.

Did the Trump campaign do the hard work of actually bothering to google the rules and realize that maybe they should do some state organizing? No they did not. In fact, Trump’s campaign didn’t put a visible paid staffer on the ground in Colorado until last week, when it hired Patrick Davis, a Colorado Springs political consultant, to organize national delegate candidates at the 7th Congressional District convention in Arvada. By then, Cruz had won the first six delegates. Cruz went personally to appeal to the voters and the delegates. Trump skipped the state.

Trump failed to plan, and he failed at management, and so when he lost, he blamed "The System" and "Cheating". That he still managed to pick up 7 alternate delegates is a testament to the sheer stick-to-it-tive-ness of his local supporters, because the campaign effectively abandoned them.

Last edited:

Eh, I dunno. Every schoolchild learns where President Obama lives. That's not a threat. Trump lives in Trump Tower - he talks about it in his books. Publishing his books isn't a threat. It becomes a threat in context, a context that was definitely there for both the delegates in Colorado, and Roger Stones' threat to release the hotel names and room numbers of delegates in Cleveland.

What? No they didn't.

1. You don't have a right to vote in a GOP Primary election - that's why (for example) they can limit it to Registered Republicans (which they did). The GOP could choose their Presidential candidate via coin tosses, straw polls, or cage-match fighting if it wanted to, it's a private organization.

2. That being said, the people of Colorado did vote, they simply voted in caucuses at the precinct level rather than at the State level. Caucuses are more resource and organization intensive, and you have to have a plan. Trump, apparently, had no idea that the race was a caucus, had no organization, and had no plan. He fired the guy who was supposed to be rounding up delegates for him the day before the vote. The campaign in some cases didn't even pay the fee to put a delegate on the ballot. Astonishingly, having failed to pay to be on the ballot, and then having failed to actually show up to do the work of trying to convince their fellow voters to vote for them in the caucus, Trump's "delegates" (when and where they existed) did badly.

Furthermore, all of this was laid out in public last August. The Caucus System in Colorado is laid out in the publicly available and easily web-searchable Party Rules.

In short - winning a caucus requires more management and planning, especially when that caucus is not for a presidential candidate, but for unbound delegates (as Colorado's are, and have been).

Did the Trump campaign do the hard work of actually bothering to google the rules and realize that maybe they should do some state organizing? No they did not. In fact, Trump’s campaign didn’t put a visible paid staffer on the ground in Colorado until last week, when it hired Patrick Davis, a Colorado Springs political consultant, to organize national delegate candidates at the 7th Congressional District convention in Arvada. By then, Cruz had won the first six delegates. Cruz went personally to appeal to the voters and the delegates. Trump skipped the state.

Trump failed to plan, and he failed at management, and so when he lost, he blamed "The System" and "Cheating". That he still managed to pick up 7 alternate delegates is a testament to the sheer stick-to-it-tive-ness of his local supporters, because the campaign effectively abandoned them.

We have to agree to disagree, I dont disagree on everything you said just some :)

We have to agree to disagree, I dont disagree on everything you said just some :)

:lol: which parts? :) I'm happy to link out anywhere that it is necessary to demonstrate the process.

Nothing got stolen in Colorado. Trump failed at management and his campaign proved itself utterly inept at organization, so he blamed others. Par for the course with the Donald.

Not for nothing...but when you are accepted as a delegate it is CUSTOMARY for the party to publish your address, phone number, email address, etc. It is EXPECTED that your delegates be available to communicate with the people they are selected to represent.

just sayin....

Not for nothing...but when you are accepted as a delegate it is CUSTOMARY for the party to publish your address, phone number, email address, etc. It is EXPECTED that your delegates be available to communicate with the people they are selected to represent.

just sayin....

I think it's great that Trump is bashing their heads.

Moderator's Warning:
Not related to the GOP Debates. Moving to a more appropriate forum.

Also, there has been some trolling. Stick to the topic or there will be thread bans.

:lol: which parts? :) I'm happy to link out anywhere that it is necessary to demonstrate the process.

Nothing got stolen in Colorado. Trump failed at management and his campaign proved itself utterly inept at organization, so he blamed others. Par for the course with the Donald.

Theres a million colorado gop voters that disagree with you and another 10 million trump supporters and that may be a lowball number. What colorado did was outright disgusting

Theres a million colorado gop voters that disagree with you and another 10 million trump supporters and that may be a lowball number. What colorado did was outright disgusting

If the million Colorado GOP voters disagree with me that they didn't get to vote, then that's no one's fault but their own, because the caucus was made available to any Registered Republican who had registered by the due date. If they are too stupid to google "where do I caucus in Colorado", then that's their problem, no one else's.

As for Trump's followers, :shrug: appeal to a mob doesn't really hold weight, ad populum is a logical fallacy. I can give you ten times that number who think that the 9/11 was an insider plot, and a hundred times that number of individuals who think that the United States needs to impose Shariah law, that doesn't make them right.

What Colorado did was have a caucus that followed the state party rules that had been public since August. There's nothing disgusting about that whatsoever. The only thing I find disgusting about the whole sordid affair is the willingness of supposed Republicans to subordinate facts and reality to Narrative - that's supposed to be an intellectual failing of the Left.

Hoy smokes, Trump got 7 alternate delegates? Trump did way better in Colorado than I expected. I say that in all sincerity as a Trump supporter. Trump essentially fired/released people after the initial primaries/caucuses which was such a boondoggle decision. While it's understandable that Trump has no idea how the caucus system works, it's remarkable that not a single person on his staff knows how it works. I'm not even a political expert and I know how it works. Anyway, the only person that could stop Trump is Trump and he's doing just that.

It's not often I'm disappointed in politics because my expectations are already low, but Trump's handling of this race has been such a disappointment.

Hoy smokes, Trump got 7 alternate delegates? Trump did way better in Colorado than I expected. I say that in all sincerity as a Trump supporter. Trump essentially fired/released people after the initial primaries/caucuses which was such a boondoggle decision. While it's understandable that Trump has no idea how the caucus system works, it's remarkable that not a single person on his staff knows how it works. I'm not even a political expert and I know how it works. Anyway, the only person that could stop Trump is Trump and he's doing just that.

It's not often I'm disappointed in politics because my expectations are already low, but Trump's handling of this race has been such a disappointment.

It's almost as if he doesn't actually hire the best people, have the best brain, or is the best manager..... :thinking

Back
Top Bottom