• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Goes Full Cancel Culture As He Angrily Demands Fox News Fire Karl Rove

And then the GQP turned on Karl Rove for not being crazy enough.

Amazing.

There's no agreed upon definition of anything given enough exposure to the masses. There are still people who claim the earth is flat for example. However a practical observation shows cancel culture is more than getting someone fired, it's ruining their existing life in many aspects and prevention from recovering that life.

Mr. Potoatohead's life?

Trump is a RINO and as usual he is so thin skinned that the Pathologial liar, supreme egotist, conspiracy theorist, vindictive sob, racist, that can't stand any negative press or things said about him. He is incpable of ever reponding to criticism with factual evidence in this case the Rove's opinion piece in the WSJ. He is not a true conservative but more of a nationalist wanna be dictator and will be the downfall of the republican party, if they don't relegate him to inconsequential status.

Donald Trump. The biggest man Baby i've ever seen.

Everyone knows loser Trump is a crybaby. That's why his crybaby supporters like him.

Trump wants Fox to ..... drum roll .....CANCEL Karl Rove lol.
Why is this idiot always crying about "cancel culture" when it's long been one of his main weapons.....

1615013149470.png

How is your opinion "the truth?"

Observation over a long period of time. Rove was Satan to the left from the time he was GW Bush's chief of staff up until he became a vocal opponent of Trump in 2020.

Yep, you got nothin’.

For decades, Rove has been involved in promoting the careers of genuine Republicans.

Long before his success with Dubya, Rove helped other notable Republicans win elections including Ashcroft, Cornyn, Perry, and Reagan.

Guess you haven’t been following politics for very long, huh?

In your mind a so-called genuine republican is simply a registered republican with some success in politics. To the republican voting base a genuine republican is one who campaigns to, makes promises based on, and follows through on the principles laid out in the party platform, which is what the party claims to represent. Reagan and Trump certainly qualify. There is no question that Rove is a very effective strategist who has helped many get elected, however that is all he's about.....getting republicans elected. Perhaps that's why he has never really been supportive of Trump. In a field of 17 republicans going for the GOP nomination in 2016, Trump humiliated Rove's picks.....and managed to get elected, largely without Rove's help.

The last time anyone heard of Trump politically before he parachuted into the GOP he was donating to Hillary Clinton's campaign. He told Wolf Blitzer that, "In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat", explaining: "It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats...But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disaster under the Republicans."
Trumps a RINO and with him gone old-school conservatives will have a chance to reclaim the party.

First, I don't give a damn who Trump supported in the past. He was a billionaire businessman. Such tend to hedge their bets and donate to candidates in both parties. I only care where Trump stood when he made that trip down the escalator and announced his run for president. It was his ideology at that point that mattered and continues to matter as well as his performance. As for your suggestion that the economy does better under democrats, you are not reading between the lines or really considering history. When I first became aware of politics, Democrat Jimmy Carter was president. By the time he left, the economy was in shambles. We had double digit inflation, interest rates and unemployment. When Reagan came along, while it was not easy, he fixed that and brought all of those numbers down to single digits. Fast forward to the next democrat president, Bill Clinton's economy largely benefited from the dot come boom, sort of an industrial revolution that would have taken place with or without him. Then he pushed a tax increase that led to a recession that GW Bush inherited. The next economic disaster came in Bush's second term, however it was due to the mortgage market collapse that had roots going all the way back to the Jimmy Carter era. The market recovered under Obama, however it was the weakest recovery in Americans history. The real improvment came under Trump.

First, I don't give a damn who Trump supported in the past. He was a billionaire businessman. Such tend to hedge their bets and donate to candidates in both parties. I only care where Trump stood when he made that trip down the escalator and announced his run for president. It was his ideology at that point that mattered and continues to matter as well as his performance. As for your suggestion that the economy does better under democrats, you are not reading between the lines or really considering history. When I first became aware of politics, Democrat Jimmy Carter was president. By the time he left, the economy was in shambles. We had double digit inflation, interest rates and unemployment. When Reagan came along, while it was not easy, he fixed that and brought all of those numbers down to single digits. Fast forward to the next democrat president, Bill Clinton's economy largely benefited from the dot come boom, sort of an industrial revolution that would have taken place with or without him. Then he pushed a tax increase that led to a recession that GW Bush inherited. The next economic disaster came in Bush's second term, however it was due to the mortgage market collapse that had roots going all the way back to the Jimmy Carter era. The market recovered under Obama, however it was the weakest recovery in Americans history. The real improvment came under Trump.
That wasn't my suggestion about Democrats and the economy, it was Trumps.
As for his ideology, do you consider Trump a conservative?
Here's Obamas weak recovery...
_111437124_us.unemployment-nc.jpg
image004.gif

In your mind a so-called genuine republican is simply a registered republican with some success in politics.
Where did I say a person has to have any success in politics to be a genuine Republican? A ridiculous lie on your part.
To the republican voting base a genuine republican is one who campaigns to, makes promises based on, and follows through on the principles laid out in the party platform, which is what the party claims to represent.
Fact; Trump has not ever been a true conservative or a true Republican. He is a longtime purveyor of bullshit who lucked out being accepted as another Jim Jones (metaphorically speaking) type leader to a great big group of easily misled morons.
Reagan and Trump certainly qualify.
Reagan would bitch slap you for using his name in the same sentence as Trump’s.
There is no question that Rove is a very effective strategist who has helped many get elected, however that is all he's about.....getting republicans elected.
Which is, no doubt, a helluva lot more than you’ve ever done for the Republican Party.

That makes Rove much more of a genuine Republican than you.
Perhaps that's why he has never really been supportive of Trump.
Rove hasn’t supported Trump because he sees Trump for the shit show in a dumpster fire that he is.
In a field of 17 republicans going for the GOP nomination in 2016, Trump humiliated Rove's picks.....and managed to get elected, largely without Rove's help.
Rove’s picks were anyone but Trump.

And while Rove’s predictions haven’t always come true, one from January 2016 certainly hit the mark; "If Mr. Trump is its standard-bearer, the GOP will lose the White House and the Senate, and its majority in the House will fall dramatically," the Republican wrote in an op-ed for The Wall Street Journal.

* In case you get the impression from this post that I favor Rove, I’ll be clear; I am no fan of Rove, but I do know the difference between an actual Republican and the phoney piece of shit that gave away the House, the Senate, and the Presidency in one term.

Where did I say a person has to have any success in politics to be a genuine Republican? A ridiculous lie on your part.

Yawn......

Fact; Trump has not ever been a true conservative or a true Republican. He is a longtime purveyor of bullshit who lucked out being accepted as another Jim Jones (metaphorically speaking) type leader to a great big group of easily misled morons.

Ahh...the ole "Trump is a pied piper" nonsense. Yawn......

Reagan would bitch slap you for using his name in the same sentence as Trump’s.

Big yawn.......

Which is, no doubt, a helluva lot more than you’ve ever done for the Republican Party.

I am not a party hack or for that matter a registered republican. I don't feel the need to do anything for the republican party other then vote for conservative candidates when they are on the ballot. What Rove has done for them is subject to opinion. He is a strategist, just like his idiot counterpart in the democrat party (James Carville). He does not care what the republican party represents. If his worth is only determined by success in getting republicans elected, then it's mixed. He did play a big part in getting GW Bush elected however he failed in regards to both McCain and Romney.

* In case you get the impression from this post that I favor Rove, I’ll be clear; I am no fan of Rove, but I do know the difference between an actual Republican and the phoney piece of shit that gave away the House, the Senate, and the Presidency in one term.

Sounds like TDS.
Rove hasn’t supported Trump because he sees Trump for the shit show in a dumpster fire that he is.

Rove has not supported Trump solely because Trump beat out the establishment RINO candidates Rove did push. Rove was humiliated by Trump.

And while Rove’s predictions haven’t always come true, one from January 2016 certainly hit the mark; "If Mr. Trump is its standard-bearer, the GOP will lose the White House and the Senate, and its majority in the House will fall dramatically," the Republican wrote in an op-ed for The Wall Street Journal.

Nonsense. Keep in mind, Rove boldly and loudly predicted Trump stood no chance of getting the GOP nomination much less defeat the hildabeast. As for the GOP losing the White House, keep in mind he drew more votes overall in 2020 then he did in 2016 and without the rush to unsecure mass mailout balloting in about a half dozens states, Trump would have beat out Dopey Joe. As for GOP losses in the 2018 midterms, it's quite traditional for a new presidents party to lose congressional seats as Dopey Joe will soon learn. The democrats should have done much better then they did and should have taken the Senate in 2018, but did not, largely due to their repugnant behavior in the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation hearings. And the down ticket advantage in the 2020 election went to the republican side as the republicans came within 6 seats of retaking the House

No, just an excellent memory. During the Bush administration the common left wing chant was that Karl Rove would be frog marched out of the White House and taken to prison over the phony Valerie Plame CIA scandal. The left also relentlessly mocked him over Mitt Romney's failure to cross the finish line in the 2012 race.

No, just an excellent memory. During the Bush administration the common left wing chant was that Karl Rove would be frog marched out of the White House and taken to prison over the phony Valerie Plame CIA scandal. The left also relentlessly mocked him over Mitt Romney's failure to cross the finish line in the 2012 race.
Sure.

What Rove has done for them is subject to opinion.
Rove’s successes, and failures, managing Republican candidates are facts. One’s opinion of the facts doesn’t affect the facts.
He does not care what the republican party represents.
Completely unsupported, idiotic assertion. You’re just butt hurt because Rove, like every other genuine Republican with a spine has been publicly against Trump and his fascist views from the very beginning of the 2016 campaign.
If his worth is only determined by success in getting republicans elected, then it's mixed.
Rove didn’t explode the national debt, increase divide among Americans across the country, praise racists/white nationalists, give huge permanent tax breaks to the rich while giving temporary crumbs to the middle class and poor, spread outrageous and completely unsupported lies in an attempt to steal an election, inspire and cause an attack on the Capital, etc., all while losing the House, Senate, and White House.

All of those “accomplishments” are Trump’s.
As for the GOP losing the White House, keep in mind he drew more votes overall in 2020 then he did in 2016.
Yup, and President Biden received more votes (81,282,903) than any presidential candidate in American history, beating Trump by 7,059,873. An accomplishment based in part on American’s fatigue from and disgust with four years of Trump.
and without the rush to unsecure mass mailout balloting in about a half dozens states, Trump would have beat out Dopey Joe.
Pathetic delusional Trumpster parroting lie.

Trump lost “bigly”, fair and square. More than 60 judgments, multiple recounts and investigations prove the only attempted steal was Trump’s.
As for GOP losses in the 2018 midterms, it's quite traditional for a new presidents party to lose congressional seats
Losing seats in both houses isn’t unusual.

Losing both houses and the White House is. In fact, no one term president has suffered that terrible trifecta since Hoover in 1932. Another dubious Trump achievement.
The democrats should have done much better then they did and should have taken the Senate in 2018, but did not, largely due to their repugnant behavior in the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation hearings.
I agree that that the Dems could’ve and should’ve done better in ‘18, and the Kavanaugh hearings backfired on them.
And the down ticket advantage in the 2020 election went to the republican side as the republicans came within 6 seats of retaking the House
No argument Democrats underperformed. The lesson they should take is that a majority of Americans are satisfied (or at least, not unhappy) that their own needs are met. The Republicans should take the lesson that Trump was the absolutely worst messenger for their party possibly in their entire history.

The majority of Americans are centrists, repelled by extremist “us vs them” tactics. The louder and angrier the messenger, the more divided Americans become. A smart candidate today reaches out to all Americans.

Trump completely failed to recognize that.

Rove’s successes, and failures, managing Republican candidates are facts. One’s opinion of the facts doesn’t affect the facts.

Completely unsupported, idiotic assertion. You’re just butt hurt because Rove, like every other genuine Republican with a spine has been publicly against Trump and his fascist views from the very beginning of the 2016 campaign.

Rove didn’t explode the national debt, increase divide among Americans across the country, praise racists/white nationalists, give huge permanent tax breaks to the rich while giving temporary crumbs to the middle class and poor, spread outrageous and completely unsupported lies in an attempt to steal an election, inspire and cause an attack on the Capital, etc., all while losing the House, Senate, and White House.

All of those “accomplishments” are Trump’s.
Yup, and President Biden received more votes (81,282,903) than any presidential candidate in American history, beating Trump by 7,059,873. An accomplishment based in part on American’s fatigue from and disgust with four years of Trump.

Pathetic delusional Trumpster parroting lie.

Trump lost “bigly”, fair and square. More than 60 judgments, multiple recounts and investigations prove the only attempted steal was Trump’s.

Losing seats in both houses isn’t unusual.

Losing both houses and the White House is. In fact, no one term president has suffered that terrible trifecta since Hoover in 1932. Another dubious Trump achievement.

I agree that that the Dems could’ve and should’ve done better in ‘18, and the Kavanaugh hearings backfired on them.

No argument Democrats underperformed. The lesson they should take is that a majority of Americans are satisfied (or at least, not unhappy) that their own needs are met. The Republicans should take the lesson that Trump was the absolutely worst messenger for their party possibly in their entire history.

The majority of Americans are centrists, repelled by extremist “us vs them” tactics. The louder and angrier the messenger, the more divided Americans become. A smart candidate today reaches out to all Americans.

Trump completely failed to recognize that.

Yawn......too much half truths and nonsense to respond in detail. Enjoy your evening.

and some complained about Biden calling a couple of Governors Neanderthal "thinking" that removing the mask mandate is a good thing.

Could care less if Trump is angry. He drove me away from "his" form of Republican Party.

But you did not complain at all about Biden did you?

Back
Top Bottom