• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Goes Birther, Again

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
shake my damned head

Trump Amplifies Kamala Harris 'Birther' Conspiracy : NPR

President Trump stoked a controversial theory being promoted by supporters — and his campaign — that Sen. Kamala Harris of California is not eligible for the vice presidency.

The Democrat was born in California and therefore qualifies for the job.

Let's remember the bold. Shall we?

Trump, who led a "birther" conspiracy movement against former President Barack Obama, told reporters Thursday that he heard a "highly qualified, very talented lawyer" opine that Harris didn't qualify to serve as vice president but did not know if it were true or not.

Why doesn't he just come out and say it? "My side thinks brown people are not eligible for the presidency."

People used to say Republicans used dog whistles to appeal to the racist minded.

Trump uses a moderately loud Magaphone.

Same old dirt trump is known for, he does not discuss policy or ideas instead he makes personal attacks. But he has to feed the braindead fans some more BS and they Love it and don't care if it is true or not. Wait to see the threads started by his minions here, to identify the brainless.

I was wondering when that would be used against her

Trump apparently cites a NEWSWEEK article that suggests that because Sen. Harris parents were not American citizens when she was born, she was then not subject to the jurisdiction of the USA and thus is not a natural born citizen.
And the response to that is 'racism.'

Rather than spitting poison, why not simply argue that the courts have held for over a century that Sen. Harris birth circumstances do make her a natural born citizen?

I was wondering when that would be used against her

Which: being black, Indian or Jamaican?

giphy.gif

Trump, who led a "birther" conspiracy movement against former President Barack Obama, told reporters Thursday that he heard a "highly qualified, very talented lawyer" opine that Harris didn't qualify to serve as vice president but did not know if it were true or not. Trump was responding to a question and was referring to a Newsweek opinion piece by law professor John Eastman inaccurately calling into question Harris' eligibility. "I heard it today that she doesn't meet the requirements," Trump said. "I have no idea if that's right. I would have assumed that the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice president."

From OP link.

He's not saying it. He isn't going to tell you what he thinks. He just wants you to know about. A pre-made defense too stupid to believe designed for people who do not care how brazenly stupid or dishonest what they say is.

All of the above,

I knew they would try to make it look like she is not really American

Well, the level to which they stoop with their ****tiness never ceases to amaze.

Trump apparently cites a NEWSWEEK article that suggests that because Sen. Harris parents were not American citizens when she was born, she was then not subject to the jurisdiction of the USA and thus is not a natural born citizen.

Rather than spitting poison, why not simply argue that the courts have held for over a century that Sen. Harris birth circumstances do make her a natural born citizen?

Doesn't Trump already know that? How stupid are we supposed to think he is? He is trying to make Harris a foreigner when the opposite is true.

Doesn't Trump already know that? How stupid are we supposed to think he is? He is trying to make Harris a foreigner when the opposite is true.

Trump has made the argument that birthright citizenship is NOT a Constitutional concept and has threatened to seek legislation to revoke it.
So the argument is there and valid. It doesn't seem to apply to Sen. Harris. But everything isn't about race.

Trump has made the argument that birthright citizenship is NOT a Constitutional concept and has threatened to seek legislation to revoke it.
So the argument is there and valid. It doesn't seem to apply to Sen. Harris. But everything isn't about race.

Uh, no. Trump is an idiot. I suggest reading the Constitution. You might learn something.

Odds are pretty good Trumpers cannot count to 14.

shake my damned head

Why doesn't he just come out and say it? "My side thinks brown people are not eligible for the presidency."

It was inevitable that racist trumpists would pull this ****. The problem is, it's only going to motivate people of color to come out and vote for Harris/Biden. Trumpists are peeing all over themselves with fear over the Biden/Harris ticket. You support a serial adulterer and bigot like trump for years and it's going to come back and bite you!

shake my damned head

"I heard it today that she doesn't meet the requirements," Trump said. "I have no idea if that's right. I would have assumed that the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice president."

that is his ACTUAL quote

please tell me what is wrong with it....

seems like reporters are LOOKING for stories and crap that isnt there

"I heard it today that she doesn't meet the requirements," Trump said. "I have no idea if that's right. I would have assumed that the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice president."

that is his ACTUAL quote

Must. Defend. Trump.

They should amend the constitution to make it abundantly clear, quite a few law experts debating this.

what a dumb political time we live in. it's like after we made it to the moon, we decided to go on a meth binge and howl at the moon instead.

Racism in that he wouldn't be suggesting that if she were white.

Was she born by a c-section? I suppose you could say then she wasn't "natural " born

Racism in that he wouldn't be suggesting that if she were white.

Was she born by a c-section? I suppose you could say then she wasn't "natural " born

Trump, his supporters and the entire GOP are scum. So, they just might try that.

that is his ACTUAL quote

isn't that what he said about Obama too?

The problem is he only says this about people who aren't white. Like when he suggested AOC go back where she came from (the same city he is from).

Back
Top Bottom