• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Goes Birther, Again

/
isn't that what he said about Obama too?

The problem is he only says this about people who aren't white. Like when he suggested AOC go back where she came from (the same city he is from).

That's also not quite what he said in the quote I cited in the op.

Trump...told reporters Thursday that he heard a "highly qualified, very talented lawyer" opine that Harris didn't qualify to serve as vice president but did not know if it were true or not.

That is a lot more nefarious than the "innocent" comment G was pushing.

Trump has made the argument that birthright citizenship is NOT a Constitutional concept and has threatened to seek legislation to revoke it.
So the argument is there and valid. It doesn't seem to apply to Sen. Harris. But everything isn't about race.

It most certainly is with Trump. He has a disdain for anyone who is not pure white. He's been telling us for over 5 years now and actually before that. Quit defending an open racist.

"I heard it today that she doesn't meet the requirements," Trump said. "I have no idea if that's right. I would have assumed that the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice president."

that is his ACTUAL quote

please tell me what is wrong with it....

seems like reporters are LOOKING for stories and crap that isnt there

That's BS. Trump has to have the intelligence to know it's a total lie. Even if he doesn't, does he not have aids that can explain it to him? It's an intentional trope to get his sheep talking about it.

isn't that what he said about Obama too?

The problem is he only says this about people who aren't white. Like when he suggested AOC go back where she came from (the same city he is from).

unless they are white and born in Switzerland, germany, or some other majorly white country....why would their country of origin EVER come into question?

I understand you all not wanting these questions coming up....

a. some people will question whether or not she is a citizen
b. it again, brings up the whole baby from non citizens being born here questions again

To me....i dont care....she apparently was born in California, and according to our rules....that makes her a citizen

I have often wondered if that is what the framers had in mind though....

But, too big of a problem for me to worry about....i have other crap to deal with

"I heard it today that she doesn't meet the requirements," Trump said. "I have no idea if that's right. I would have assumed that the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice president."

that is his ACTUAL quote

please tell me what is wrong with it.

Do you think President of United States has any responsibilities when widely addressing millions of his followers, or he can run his mouth just like any average Joe?

Clearly, if Trump had questions about it but not enough common sense knowledge, he could actually ask a 100 lawyers and other advisors he has around him, but he CHOSE to publicly question it and raise awareness of this yet another fringe nonsense opinion. This suggests he is either too incompetent or did it on purpose, maliciously.

shake my damned head

Trump Amplifies Kamala Harris 'Birther' Conspiracy : NPR

Let's remember the bold. Shall we?

Why doesn't he just come out and say it? "My side thinks brown people are not eligible for the presidency."

Desperate because he knows he's going to lose the election, Trump starts his racist whistling to get his racist bigoted moronic supporters in line like the good sheep he knows them to be.

unless they are white and born in Switzerland, germany, or some other majorly white country....why would their country of origin EVER come into question?

I understand you all not wanting these questions coming up....

a. some people will question whether or not she is a citizen
b. it again, brings up the whole baby from non citizens being born here questions again

To me....i dont care....she apparently was born in California, and according to our rules....that makes her a citizen

I have often wondered if that is what the framers had in mind though....

But, too big of a problem for me to worry about....i have other crap to deal with

Well the founders never had any immigration in mind, and definitely not a non-white.

Trump has made the argument that birthright citizenship is NOT a Constitutional concept and has threatened to seek legislation to revoke it.
So the argument is there and valid. It doesn't seem to apply to Sen. Harris. But everything isn't about race.

Trump has made that argument, but it just mesns he's woefully ignorant of the Constitution .

Desperate because he knows he's going to lose the election, Trump starts his racist whistling to get his racist bigoted moronic supporters in line like the good sheep he knows them to be.

Obviously the gang that cannot count to 14.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States..."

Not much gray there.

yeah, that was making the rounds with some of the nuts in my extended family yesterday.

they will literally try anything to promote their Confederate ideals.

shake my damned head

Trump Amplifies Kamala Harris 'Birther' Conspiracy : NPR

Let's remember the bold. Shall we?

Why doesn't he just come out and say it? "My side thinks brown people are not eligible for the presidency."
So, Trump saying “he has no idea if that’s right” somehow morphs into another birther conspiracy, got it. Reading on in the supplied article he (led) the last birther moment, which is untrue but facts don’t matter I guess. What’s interesting is the tweet from Biden’s senior adviser and the racism angle with “this is what racism looks like” with Trumps statement that he had no idea.

So, Trump saying “he has no idea if that’s right” somehow morphs into another birther conspiracy, got it. Reading on in the supplied article he (led) the last birther moment, which is untrue but facts don’t matter I guess. What’s interesting is the tweet from Biden’s senior adviser and the racism angle with “this is what racism looks like” with Trumps statement that he had no idea.

Uh, no. It's not "somehow." Try reading the quote in the op.

Uh, no. It's not "somehow." Try reading the quote in the op.

Sorry, I only do twitter trash and biased reporting once. The article did make me think about monies going to NPR though.

Sorry, I only do twitter trash and biased reporting once. The article did make me think about monies going to NPR though.

Translation: I never read the quote.

Translation: I never read the quote.

What part of the biased article would you like to debate? You do get this is a debate forum and not a dumping ground for twitter trash?

....and Mr Khan offered Trump his pocket copy of the Constitution over four years ago.........:shrug:

..not like he would have read it!

NOt that he could read it!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom