• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump From the Oval Office 23JAN19

There will be no negotiations while the government is closed...its not hard.

Pelosi said there will be no negotiation if the shutdown ends. That's not hard to understand. Besides, Pelosi once again proved she is a liar. The shutdown it the only leverage Trump has.

And, as far as people like you are concerned, I shouldn't even have the right to try it and see.
No one is stopping you. Seems you would love some place like Somalia.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If "civilization" means sacrificing freedom then I'll gladly do without it.

Oh, please. Please. :roll:

Really, I get the eye roll. He says **** civilization if he has to give up freedom and I get the eye roll?

Maybe you agree with him, you wanna get rid of food regulations, safety regs, airport security all cause it infringes on your freedom?

I remember when I was on the same side as luther, now he is just another alt-right trumphumper like so many others on this site.

Really, I get the eye roll. He says **** civilization if he has to give up freedom and I get the eye roll?

Maybe you agree with him, you wanna get rid of food regulations, safety regs, airport security all cause it infringes on your freedom?

I remember when I was on the same side as luther, now he is just another alt-right trumphumper like so many others on this site.

The Somalia remark was stupid. That's why I rolled my eyes.

I think I erased at least two different responses to Luther's post in question, which was:

Well, if the next Democrat president chooses to shut the government down until they get their way nullifying the 2nd Amendment I figure most of us gun people will be fine with that. They could simply do away with the federal government if that's what they want to try, as far as I'm concerned.

Now I can say: I increasingly doubt that big-L libertarians and anarchists have thought deeply about the structure in a human society. Specifically, the society that would result with a dissolution of all non-essential (possibly essential later, of course) activity, "non-essential" being vaguely defined by statute.

The bottom line is that very bad things would happen and we would not function like a proper nation. "Freedoms" would not be so great

But that's not as far as he goes. He says "do away with the federal government".

No federal government means 50 countries, not one country with 50 states.
:shock:

I think I erased at least two different responses to Luther's post in question, which was:

Now I can say: I increasingly doubt that big-L libertarians and anarchists have thought deeply about the structure in a human society. Specifically, the society that would result with a dissolution of all non-essential (possibly essential later, of course) activity, "non-essential" being vaguely defined by statute.

The bottom line is that very bad things would happen and we would not function like a proper nation. "Freedoms" would not be so great

But that's not as far as he goes. He says "do away with the federal government".

No federal government means 50 countries, not one country with 50 states.
:shock:

Well, if we got rid of the bloated, burdensome, overreaching federal government we have we might be able to implement a new one that's leaner, cleaner and more in line with the principles and intentions of the Constitution. You might keep in mind that the Revolutionary war was an act of casting off one form of government and adopting a new one.

You guys are always so short sighted. You get to the "what will we do without government!?" thing and stop. Personally, I think there's a reason for that. I think you folks LIKE the idea of having things handed to you like you're pets in a petting zoo. There's really nothing wrong with that. If that's what you like then have at it. However, don't try to force that kind of thing down everyone else's throat and don't make everyone else pay for your chosen lifestyle.

What a childish understanding of how to get one's way.

And Congress is not responsible for Trump's idiotic campaign promises.

Trump is asking for a couple hundred miles of fence where those who protect our border says it is necessary.

Just last week wasn't it you that chimed in on the border wall in Arizona where hundreds of illegals dug underneath? And then you proclaimed walls don't work? I do believe you were. That portion of wall was never put up to stop illegals but to stop vehicles from pouring through. There was no concrete base to the wall just a metal shield to keep vehicles from crossing over.

His requests are not over the top. They are based in what the border patrol are saying they need at this time to do their job efficiently.

But hey, if something bad happens because our security on the border is not secured then guess who will be blamed? It won't be Trump.

I think I agree with you. The wall would give him the victory that he's been promising since he announced his candidacy (although not being paid of by Mexico -- did anyone really believe that?). The Democrats will do everything in their power to not let him have that victory.

Are you suggesting everyone KNEW he was a liar prior to voting? He promised a wall paid for by Mexico. He will need to explain how he was so mistaken, right?

Pelosi has already said she will not allow the wall even if the government is reopened.

That's what happens when the President acts like a retarded nine year old gang banger on crack.

His requests are not over the top.

This is over the top.

130930145224-gov-shutdown-640x360.jpg

And running around acting like a baby and screaming LA LA LA LA LA I can't HEAR YOU won't fix anything, but please, go ahead and keep doing it some more.

We aren't going to reward your asshole president for having a temper tantrum...EVER.
It will be the END OF THE WORLD before that happens.

This is over the top.

130930145224-gov-shutdown-640x360.jpg

And running around acting like a baby and screaming LA LA LA LA LA I can't HEAR YOU won't fix anything, but please, go ahead and keep doing it some more.

We aren't going to reward your asshole president for having a temper tantrum...EVER.
It will be the END OF THE WORLD before that happens.

Or at least our republic as we know it.

Are you suggesting everyone KNEW he was a liar prior to voting? He promised a wall paid for by Mexico. He will need to explain how he was so mistaken, right?

I’m suggesting that he’s just like every other politician - he lies to get votes. Does any politician go back and explain how and why they were wrong?

The Somalia remark was stupid. That's why I rolled my eyes.

Explain why the Somalia remark was stupid but the, we need to get rid of civilization because it hinders my freedom remark didn't get a response?

You didn't answer, do you agree with him? Do you think we should get rid of what makes us a civilized country to give us more freedom?

It's really not fair that I can't run that guy off the road that just cut me off, I'm not free to do that and that pisses you and luther off for some reason.

I know the answer nota, your a hack just like the rest, luther is still on your side so you defend his stupid positions. And to be honest his answer to MP is even dumber and didn't get an eye roll from you.

Well, if we got rid of the bloated, burdensome, overreaching federal government we have we might be able to implement a new one that's leaner, cleaner and more in line with the principles and intentions of the Constitution. You might keep in mind that the Revolutionary war was an act of casting off one form of government and adopting a new one.

You guys are always so short sighted. You get to the "what will we do without government!?" thing and stop. Personally, I think there's a reason for that. I think you folks LIKE the idea of having things handed to you like you're pets in a petting zoo. There's really nothing wrong with that. If that's what you like then have at it. However, don't try to force that kind of thing down everyone else's throat and don't make everyone else pay for your chosen lifestyle.

What chosen lifestyle are we being handed? Roads to do business on? Laws being enforced to stop people from taking advantage of people?

WHAT FREEDOMS IS BEING TAKEN FROM YOU?

Explain why the Somalia remark was stupid but the, we need to get rid of civilization because it hinders my freedom remark didn't get a response?

You didn't answer, do you agree with him? Do you think we should get rid of what makes us a civilized country to give us more freedom?

It's really not fair that I can't run that guy off the road that just cut me off, I'm not free to do that and that pisses you and luther off for some reason.

I know the answer nota, your a hack just like the rest, luther is still on your side so you defend his stupid positions. And to be honest his answer to MP is even dumber and didn't get an eye roll from you.

You're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to laugh at your mischaracterization.

Donnie says “I’m coming over to your house.”
0E431B91-5283-41D7-B8C2-6C7576B51DFD.jpg

Nancy replies “Uh uh, not happening.”
F7D6CC46-4222-4333-A048-8BCC20A4C5FF.jpg

Donnie is sad. :cry:
1C2694D5-598D-483F-8328-3EFE353C7C7D.jpg

I’m suggesting that he’s just like every other politician - he lies to get votes. Does any politician go back and explain how and why they were wrong?

I find the magnitude of Trump's lies quite outside the norm. And generally people don't vote for candidates that they KNOW are lying. And then came Trump, and a support group willing to excuse just about anything it seems.

Back
Top Bottom