• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump From the Oval Office 23JAN19

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump is in MAGA rally mode.........

Dear media.

We, the 60% majority who are tired of the president, do not give a **** about this.

This might be a more exciting thread if I had half a clue as to what it was about.

This might be a more exciting thread if I had half a clue as to what it was about.
Trump sending a letter to pelosi about doing the State of the Union from the House and she replying it won't be in the House unless the Government is open.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I heard Trump is about to offer to give Dreamers green cards for the wall...

At this point Trump could offer them immediate citizenship, voter ID cards valid in all "purple" states and a free date with Stormy Daniels and Pelosi would still shoot it down if it involved anything for a wall.

I think I agree with you. The wall would give him the victory that he's been promising since he announced his candidacy (although not being paid of by Mexico -- did anyone really believe that?). The Democrats will do everything in their power to not let him have that victory.

Trump sending a letter to pelosi about doing the State of the Union from the House and she replying it won't be in the House unless the Government is open.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

That's what the left is excited about?

Government won't be open.

SOTU will get delivered.

At this point Trump could offer them immediate citizenship, voter ID cards valid in all "purple" states and a free date with Stormy Daniels and Pelosi would still shoot it down if it involved anything for a wall.
So, should the next Democrat president and senate majority refuse to fund the government, until their desired gun control laws are passed? Do you think Republicans ought to negotiate with that?

Alright, what if in that situation the Democrats offer all the tax cuts Republicans want in exchange for passing their gun control laws, to open the government back up that the Dems shut down in the first place?

That's exactly what you guys have done, only with immigration.

So, should the next Democrat president and senate majority refuse to fund the government, until their desired gun control laws are passed? Do you think Republicans ought to negotiate with that?

Alright, what if in that situation the Democrats offer all the tax cuts Republicans want in exchange for passing their gun control laws, to open the government back up that the Dems shut down in the first place?

He isn't analyzing this. They also know perfectly well what Trump did. It's just the usual liberals bad perptrators, conservatives good martyrs routine.

Of course the Dems would take straight-up citizenship. They previously offered Trump legislated DACA for the entire wall. There's no reason to think that if he offered immediate citizenship, the Dems would turn it down. They're not that stupid.

I think I agree with you. The wall would give him the victory that he's been promising since he announced his candidacy (although not being paid of by Mexico -- did anyone really believe that?). The Democrats will do everything in their power to not let him have that victory.
Yeah, lots of people on the right did believe that.

He shouldn't have kept making a promise he knew he couldn't keep.

This "they don't want him to win!" stuff was even more true under Obama, than it is right now against Trump. Republicans opposed everything Obama sought to fix, because McConnell's objective was to "make Obama a one term president", so please cry me a river that Democrats remember those times.

Further, the Democrats probably would have given him some kind of barrier (they cave on everything), if he had merely done it in a proper context, instead of doing what Republicans always do, and take human hostages to get he wanted.

Imagine if the next Democrat president holds the government hostage indefinitely to extort Republicans on policy you don't support.

She would accept that deal if the government is open....while it's not there will be no negotiating or speeches.
I don't know what's so hard to understand.

Well, if the next Democrat president chooses to shut the government down until they get their way nullifying the 2nd Amendment I figure most of us gun people will be fine with that. They could simply do away with the federal government if that's what they want to try, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, lots of people on the right did believe that.

He shouldn't have kept making a promise he knew he couldn't keep.

This "they don't want him to win!" stuff was even more true under Obama, than it is right now against Trump. Republicans opposed everything Obama sought to fix, because McConnell's objective was to "make Obama a one term president", so please cry me a river that Democrats remember those times.

Further, the Democrats probably would have given him some kind of barrier (they cave on everything), if he had merely done it in a proper context, instead of doing what Republicans always do, and take human hostages to get he wanted.

Imagine if the next Democrat president holds the government hostage indefinitely to extort Republicans on policy you don't support.

Um... I don't support spending billions of dollars on a wall. I'm simply commenting on the obvious politics of it all. No one really cares about the people they're talking about -- they just want their way.

Well, if the next Democrat president chooses to shut the government down until they get their way nullifying the 2nd Amendment I figure most of us gun people will be fine with that. They could simply do away with the federal government if that's what they want to try, as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah, lets flush civilization down the drain, because freedom! gomer.gif

Most genocides throughout human history have been caused by government. Government has a pretty bad track record.
Please, for the love of god, find somebody else to bother.

She would accept that deal if the government is open....while it's not there will be no negotiating or speeches.
I don't know what's so hard to understand.

If she won't accept it yo open the government, she sure as hell won't accept it after the government has been reopened.

Back
Top Bottom