• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump floats expanded presidential powers during rally speech, saying he would make every executive-branch employee 'fireable' by POTUS

Those that do not clap loud enough when der fuhrer speaks will.have to be made an example of

Neither is a good thing.There are people of all political stripes in the executive branch. Most just doing their jobs without political influence.
If that's what they are doing, they'll have nothing to worry about.

It’s a total shit idea that shouldn’t and won’t happen.

Aside from appointed positions granted by the Constitution and law, other federal civil service employees are rightly protected from politically motivated revenge.
And the President should be protected from politically motivated employees.

Election interference professionals pretending to be Republicans aside, it's truly sad that this person even has a chance of winning.

If that's what they are doing, they'll have nothing to worry about.
Until someone like Trump doesn't like the data they produce like unemployment or inflation numbers even when they are accurate.

👆

Sounds good to me. This is something that has been needed for a long time.

btw, what part of "We will pass critical reforms..." do you not understand? This has nothing to do with "expanded presidential powers". This is about Congress.

LOL... Think the GOP will have 60 votes in the senate for this?

👆

btw, what part of "We will pass critical reforms..." do you not understand? This has nothing to do with "expanded presidential powers". This is about Congress.
It would definitely drain the Swamp, wouldn't it.

Those that do not clap loud enough when der fuhrer speaks will.have to be made an example of

That's not clapping... wink, wink... It's self-gratification at the thought of this actually becoming law..

.....and fill it back up with different swamp creatures....politically appointed swamp creatures

.....and fill it back up with different swamp creatures....politically appointed swamp creatures
But the think is the next President could flush the swamp again.

👆

You'd like to change the US into a country that elects another dictator every four years? Damn. You give the word 'president' WAY more weight than your nations founders did.

But the think is the next President could flush the swamp again.
Well that would be an efficient way of managing the complexities of running a huge operation like the Federal government.

Well that would be an efficient way of managing the complexities of running a huge operation like the Federal government.
I wouldn't see wholesale changes with every new President; I think the possibility of dismissal might be enough. It's never going to happen, but it's fun to think about.

No, it wouldn’t drain the swamp. It would make the swamp a great deal swampier because every president could fire everyone in the executive branch (by the way, a number so large it’ll likely surprise you) every four or eight years, replacing the freshly fired with their own handpicked swamp creatures.

There are existing regulations governing the actions of civil service employees.

Like said, a total shit idea that shouldn’t and won’t happen.

A lot of people say it can't happen.
But it CAN and it HAS happened many times.
Trump is basically saying, without uttering any German, that he demands to be crowned der fuehrer with absolute dictatorial power, and almost a quarter of this country
laps it up, eager for the yoke of the fascist strongman.

I have to go puke now.

♫♪♫♪♪♫ It can't happen here! ♫♪♫♪♪♫

1647393747167.png

I wouldn't see wholesale changes with every new President; I think the possibility of dismissal might be enough. It's never going to happen, but it's fun to think about.
To someone enamored by the idea of a autocratic government, sure. 👍

👆

He isn't going to do anything but bitch when even the GOP won't pay attention to him.

👆

What a horrible post.

Back
Top Bottom