• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump flips table, walks out

Wrong again. He was also being opposed by old-guard Republicans (many of whom ran against him in the primaries) who did not trust him. Recall, he was a Democrat right up until issues with the "Obama birther" qualms pushed him aside.

It was thanks to the Tea Party House leadership that he got anything, especially his tax cut, through that first 2 years.

There you go, off to "Fallacy Land" with the final argument of the desperate...and a typical "Leftist" response when failing in an argument...a combination of ad hominem and an emotional appeal.

We were do so well up to this point. 🤷‍♂️

Tagline time. :coffee:
No. He was being opposed by rational legislators who knew his plans would harm.

And go ahead and present to us what his healthcare plan actually entails, what anything he has passed, pushed for has happened or would happen and how it would help.

And please do use that as a tag line. I have no issue with that.

1. There was no "tantrum." He simply chose not to continue, and that was evident at 15:50 in the OP video.

Maybe 'tantrum' isn't the most effective word. Doesn't like being held accountable is more suitable. He is the President and has a responsibility to answer and respond to difficult questions about his actions, his words and his policies.

2. He did put up with a lot of "argumentative statements" from Ms. Stahl, much like that "town hall" replacing the 2nd debate.

Argumentative or not he still has to be held accountable and answer the questions. Why do argumentative statements justify the eradication of accountability?

3. He is correct that Biden hasn't faced much of a challenge, or as the various interviewers are wont to say "the tough questions."

Because he is not President therefore the tough questions are so much more limited. Biden is simply putting forth policies. Trump is actually enacting policies within an environment of 325 million people. At any chance, Trump likes to draw attention away from his words, actions and policies.

4. As shown in other video, the interview was selectively edited.

Everything is selectively edited or bias for Trump.......thats according to Trump

It's called a metaphor . . .

I suppose I can see how one might think Trump would actually

giphy.gif
, but still.
Somebody beat me to the Francis reference.

Trump is the poster child of narcissistic personality disorder.
Much like McCarthy or Nixon after their fall from grace, in 10-20 years no one will admit they ever supported Trump. And the history books will correctly label him as the worst president in the history of our nation.

A journalist asking the President moderately tough questions is literally Nazism.
Why are Trumpers such snowflakes.
It is not just the questions, it the way these Assassins ask them. She is just a typical Democrat hack. These alleged reporters cut off a president before he is finished answering a combative question? Who does she think she is?

Everything is going GREAT according to Trump.

Tha Stock Market is down significantly today due to Covid-19 uncertainty.

Covid-19 infections and deaths are very high,

Is everything going GREAT?

The real question is whether or not Grandfather Biden can make all our woes by waving his magic lockdown wand.

Four more years of childish behavior from out laughing stock president. No thank you.
What, specifically, was childish about the way he acted in the video? I saw him being calm, collected, and Presidential, in the way he chose to end the interview.

And why does the thread title include the phrase "flips table"?

What, specifically, was childish about the way he acted in the video? I saw him being calm, collected, and Presidential, in the way he chose to end the interview.

And why does the thread title include the phrase "flips table"?
I'm speaking of trump overall, he's very childish. Why are you asking me about what I didn't write?

When a President controls both Houses of Congress, THAT's when he can "lead toward getting things passed."

He already had unified control in 2017 and 2018. His attacks on health care are what cost him the House in the first place. Where's the plan Trump has been lying about producing for 4+ years?

“But you’re okay with tough questions...?”

”No, I’m not.“

And this is the guy republicans are certain can handle the tough leaders of the world. Sure. Okay.

He no or ability to handle them he emulates them
When did he throw a tantrum?

When did he flip a table?

He ended the interview, professionally.

Stomping out of an interview, because the interviewer was, "negative" and asked uncomfortable questions he didn't like answering is far from acting professionally, much less like a president. He acted like an immature child, I'm beginning to think he's suffering from ADHD...

"...Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a mental health disorder that can cause above-normal levels of hyperactive and impulsive behaviors. People with ADHD may also have trouble focusing their attention on a single task or sitting still for long periods of time. Both adults and children can have ADHD..."

He was supposed to walk with her to that interview with Pence. So no, he definitely walked out like a child, ended it early because he can't handle "tough questions".

According to 60 minutes. Who has been exposed as lying already. This is a fail for you.

According to 60 minutes. Who has been exposed as lying already. This is a fail for you.
Trump has been exposed as a liar over and over, and over and over a thousand times more.

He lies in the interview.

He claims he didn't encourage the chants in relation to locking up the Governor of Michigan, but he did. He said "Lock em all up". That absolutely is encouraging such chants and even actions similar to the attempt to kidnap and assassinate her.

And we all know that Trump would never act like a petulant child and lie about things or try to bluster about any sort of vengeance against others.

Trump and his statement about Obama spying on his 2016 is mostly false. Once again trying to shape reality to his own view of it.
"

What's True
Under the Obama administration, the FBI launched an investigation into the Trump campaign's relationship with Russian operatives — a covert operation at the time that required the bureau to request court approval to secretly monitor Carter Page, a former adviser to Trump.
What's False
However, no evidence showed Obama, or any member of the White House, directed counterintelligence agents to illegally monitor the Trump campaign, nor did any court record show that the former president breached his authority as president during the FBI's Russia investigation.
"

Trump has been exposed as a liar over and over, and over and over a thousand times more.

He lies in the interview.

He claims he didn't encourage the chants in relation to locking up the Governor of Michigan, but he did. He said "Lock em all up". That absolutely is encouraging such chants and even actions similar to the attempt to kidnap and assassinate her.

And we all know that Trump would never act like a petulant child and lie about things or try to bluster about any sort of vengeance against others.

Rogue, no offense, I posted an unedited version. Quit clinging to what CBS says and just watch the unedited clip. You are buying their edited lies.

PS just saw your Michigan comments, you know that's an over the top lie on your part and a stupid, clumsy lie at that. Saying legal action should be taken isn't fomenting criminal activity.

Last edited:
Trump and his statement about Obama spying on his 2016 is mostly false. Once again trying to shape reality to his own view of it.
"

What's True
Under the Obama administration, the FBI launched an investigation into the Trump campaign's relationship with Russian operatives — a covert operation at the time that required the bureau to request court approval to secretly monitor Carter Page, a former adviser to Trump.
What's False
However, no evidence showed Obama, or any member of the White House, directed counterintelligence agents to illegally monitor the Trump campaign, nor did any court record show that the former president breached his authority as president during the FBI's Russia investigation.
"

Are you stupid enough to believe that they would do what they did without approval from the President or without his knowledge? Its not breaching authority, its about breaching ethics, and as the house of cards is starting to crumble, there is plenty of illegality to go around.

FYI---the FISA application on Carter Page faked his status as a CIA target when he was a CIA asset and deserved no surveillance whatsoever. Clinesmith has already pled guilty to that crime.

Are you stupid enough to believe that they would do what they did without approval from the President or without his knowledge? Its not breaching authority, its about breaching ethics, and as the house of cards is starting to crumble, there is plenty of illegality to go around.

FYI---the FISA application on Carter Page faked his status as a CIA target when he was a CIA asset and deserved no surveillance whatsoever. Clinesmith has already pled guilty to that crime.
Hey. don't shoot the messenger. I gave you a source. It gave its findings. Take them or not.

Do you believe everything Trump says? Yes or No will do.

The 60 minutes interview with Leslie Stall. Trump throws a tantrum and leaves.

Can you imagine what he would have done if she asked a real hardball question, like "what magazines do you read"?

Katie Couric would have made him weep. :D

Hey. don't shoot the messenger. I gave you a source. It gave its findings. Take them or not.

Do you believe everything Trump says? Yes or No will do.

I am not shooting the messenger, I am disagreeing with its assessment.

Your last sentence is a false dichotomy, those are far from the only options to make a judgment call about what we are discussing.

Your arguments lack foundation and are dependent on false arguments to draw conclusions, I suggest you do more critical thinking and allow sources to do your thinking for you less often.

During Trump’s 60 Minutes sit-down, Lesley Stahl humiliated herself

The CBS 60 Minutes fiasco was all of Lesley Stahl’s doing; she embarrassed herself. She thought that she had the President in her sights and she intended to belittle him. Why not? She and her network have a long history of deceitful editing with the goal of destroying people they loathe. Remember Dan Rather’s “fake but accurate” defense of his phony documents meant to derail George Bush’s re-election.

Stahl’s interview was not an interview, it was an ambush. She did not count on him pushing back; that is how dense she is. Anyone paying attention to Trump knows one thing for sure: when challenged, especially when unfairly challenged, he pushes back.

Where has Stahl been these past five years? Is she so arrogant she thought she could shame the man unlike all the others who have tried and failed? Apparently so. She may think she stands apart from other interviewers but she is just one of a tribe, her questions predictable, her dismissive tone familiar, her habit of interrupting when she did not like what she was hearing is common for her ilk as was her changing the subject when he bested her at every turn.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...y_stahl_humiliated_herself.html#ixzz6c4BK6Rwm
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Of course, those who couldn't see what really happened there, either refuses to acknowledge........ or........they can't understand it. 🤷

You're right. Stahl was on a fool's errand trying to shame Trump. Trump has no shame. Sin verguenza.

Rogue, no offense, I posted an unedited version. Quit clinging to what CBS says and just watch the unedited clip. You are buying their edited lies.

PS just saw your Michigan comments, you know that's an over the top lie on your part and a stupid, clumsy lie at that. Saying legal action should be taken isn't fomenting criminal activity.
She asked Trump specifically if he was encouraging the chants against the Michigan Governor. She also asked if he thought Governor Whitmer should be locked up. He said no and denied it, eventhough he said "lock em all up" specifically to their chants of "Lock her up". As Stahl explained, he has a responsibility, if he were a responsible leader, to watch what he says, because those that truly do believe in him, follow him may take what he says far farther than he may want or that his words alone would indicate should be taken. So yes, he can encourage such acts through irresponsible words, messages. Whether he or you recognize it, doesn't make it untrue.

We will never see another child like this again, that is for sure.

Wouldn’t count on it. These were the same people who elected Bush Jr/Cheney twice and loved the idea of Sarah Palin in the whitehouse. Now they are talking about Tucker Carlson 2024! There’s just no bottom to this bottomless well of abject stupidity. Just when you think the rock you threw down must surely have hit bottom by now... nope! It just keeps going.

That interview gave me the best laugh I had for months. What a pathetically inadequate child. "Are you ready for tough questions?" " No, you didn't ask Biden tough questions!" :ROFLMAO:

She asked Trump specifically if he was encouraging the chants against the Michigan Governor. She also asked if he thought Governor Whitmer should be locked up. He said no and denied it, eventhough he said "lock em all up" specifically to their chants of "Lock her up". As Stahl explained, he has a responsibility, if he were a responsible leader, to watch what he says, because those that truly do believe in him, follow him may take what he says far farther than he may want or that his words alone would indicate should be taken. So yes, he can encourage such acts through irresponsible words, messages. Whether he or you recognize it, doesn't make it untrue.
Legally its total horseshit. Its acting as though those committing illegal acts are not responsible for their actions, but that those they identify with politically are. Its stupid and its never applied to Democrats, so quit acting like its principled; its a smear tactic.

Back
Top Bottom