• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Flips on $5 Billion Boarder Wall Price

How many different prices has Trump indicated for building the wall? I've truly lost count. I recall it was $10B, then it was $20-something billion, then it was $5B, now it's $1.6B.

I don't care how much he cites. Zero are the US tax dollars I am willing to accord because, last I checked, he's not expressly recanted his "Mexico is going to pay for the wall" attestation.

The funny thing is he usually inflates the prices. Not lowers them ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course. The wall is just the first step. The next step is having the manpower to run checks on everyone coming in legally. We need positive ID and where they will be working, going to school, or just visiting. Anyone working will need to fill out the proper forms and show they are complying with our laws including paying taxes and not undermining minimum wages. If caught violating our laws is immediate deportation and no longer let in. With a secure border it will have teeth and not be a joke. Right now anyone deported can walk right back into our country. Our border security is a pathetic joke. Nobody even considers it a concern when coming to our country.

That would be interesting if not for two things.
A)A wall of any physical barrier simply delays entry. Its a delaying feature, not a denying feature.
B) Our entire Illegals problem, at least the problems we care about can be easily put into three categories
1) Central Americans that are illegally entering and making it to a population center large enough to allow them to disappear (about 34,000 unauthorized entries per year rounding up to 375,000 since 2007)
2) Central Americans that are making Defensive Asylum Applications (about 61,000 FY 2016)
3) Undocumented Alliens from various locals that either overstay their legally acquired visas or Defensive Asylum Applicants that only received initial processing at entry and simply can go no farther in the processing because we don't have enough processing assets. These total out for all regions to 10.7 million already here. 7 million of which have been here for 10 years or longer.

There is no longer ANY Positive Growth Illegal Immigration from anywhere but Central America for the US. In fact we have either 0 Positive Growth or Negative Illegal Immigration Growth from everywhere else.

Anybody with a brain would figure out that if virtually the entire issue of aliens moving to our borders is coming from Central America you resolve that problem at its genesis, not at its terminus. Go look at a map. That is a very specific, relatively small and relatively manageable part of the world, a part of the world that we have screwed over for about a century with our endless Regime change efforts. Virtually all of the foreign aid we have spent in Central America has been aimed at Regime change. As such we should move to foreign aid aimed at rebuilding the economies of those countries SO THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE THERE STAY THERE! We send virtually nothing there for foreign aid now. Oh we are big on sending money to all sorts of far flung parts of the world. But our own backyard, teaming with countries we have screwed over five ways from Sunday and are now paying the price for it...NOPE...just not as emotionally satisfying as some WALL.

Next on the agenda would be dealing with the processing issue, Visa overstays and finally resolving DACA. Our Asylum standards are extremely high. If we would more rapidly process these Defensive Asylum Applicants virtually all from Central America a good many would simply be turned around and sent home. Processing does not mean accepting. Processing means processing. Instead we are content to let Trump break both International and US Law at the border because it makes some of us feel good to see people that are already suffering suffer more. The Trump entourage includes a bunch of soulless bastards for my money including Achtung Steve Miller who is an embarrassment to his own family.

Last and actually least would be more physical barrier at the border where effective at delaying illegal crossings as technology tracks them and CBP agents pick them up thus ending a particular border capture event. In fact there are so many stretches of nothing on our Southern border that just tracking them adequately will lead CBP agents to them before they can reach a population center and disappear.

All of the above makes more sense than attempting to erect a 1,100 mile physical barrier with all the eminent domain and property purchase issues that would arise especially given that most property owners on the border have no interest in abutting a 30' high physical barrier regardless of its design. That is if we really want to deal with this issue.

Your Wall might make you feel better. But it won't stop a darned thing. Most drugs come though ports of entry and your Wall will just push people to using other means to cross. Unless we deal with what drives them out of Central America, the only external to the US part of the world we have an illegals issue with, we are kidding ourselves. If we don't deal with Defensive Asylum Applicant processing more efficiently we are kidding ourselves. Yes we need a contemporary, integrated Border Security System which includes see through physical barrier where appropriate. See through is what CBP wants. We don't need 1,100 miles of feel good Wall!

How many different prices has Trump indicated for building the wall? I've truly lost count. I recall it was $10B, then it was $20-something billion, then it was $5B, now it's $1.6B.

I don't care how much he cites. Zero are the US tax dollars I am willing to accord because, last I checked, he's not expressly recanted his "Mexico is going to pay for the wall" attestation.

while i hate the idea of defending tRump, i believe he is seeking the price of a wall starter kit

I am not as optimistic that companies are going to avoid passing those costs onto consumers; it's not just wages either but benefits as well.

With a shortage of labor will come higher wages. Of course there is never a shortage of cheap workers because we bring them in from other countries. The rich and powerful and the government which they own have been doing exactly that for centuries. The wonderful immigrant to exploit while keeping the majority of people here from ever truly achieving the American Dream. Of course the American dream was never meant for everyone. Just the privileged who exploit the rest.

while i hate the idea of defending tRump, i believe he is seeking the price of a wall starter kit

Any step in the right direction is a positive step forward. I know he can solve the immigration problem. That is the great fear of the democrats. If he succeeds they will never be crushed at the polls. Their only strategy is to do everything in their power to see to it he fails.

With a shortage of labor will come higher wages. Of course there is never a shortage of cheap workers because we bring them in from other countries. The rich and powerful and the government which they own have been doing exactly that for centuries. The wonderful immigrant to exploit while keeping the majority of people here from ever truly achieving the American Dream. Of course the American dream was never meant for everyone. Just the privileged who exploit the rest.

Or supplement their meager wages with "safety net" programs to prevent them from rioting and demanding higher pay.

Red:
??? -- The "red" remark strikes you as a defense? It doesn't strike me as one.

Do it Donnie! VETO!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075729672628068353

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

The Democrats, who know Steel Slats (Wall) are necessary for Border Security, are putting politics over Country. What they are just beginning to realize is that I will not sign any of their legislation, including infrastructure, unless it has perfect Border Security. U.S.A. WINS!

4:28 AM - 20 Dec 2018

President Trump (bless his little heart) does not realize the strongest weapon that a president has is FEAR among the other politicians that he means what he says.

President Trump talks so much and changes his mind so often and fails so often to do what he says that he is going to do that members of Congress do not know whether he is serious or not.

If President Trump were super careful with his words and always did what he said publicly, Nancy and Chuck would shake in their boots whenever the President opens his mouth. They did not believe what he told them (in full sight of the nation) about closing down the government, and those two characters were right.

Speak softly and carry a big stick, Mr. President. Then you'll get results.

What we are seeing virtually across the globe, including at the Southern Border is what happens when America and most specifically the American President does not lead. This President simply lumps along with his nose stuffed fully up the butt of his almighty base.....regardless of the consequences to us and incredibly, regardless of the eventual consequences to him.

As long as Donald can make Millions of $ off his Presidency, he is a happy camper.

Last edited:
President Trump (bless his little heart) does not realize the strongest weapon that a president has is FEAR among the other politicians that he means what he says.

President Trump talks so much and changes his mind so often and fails so often to do what he says that he is going to do that members of Congress do not know whether he is serious or not.

If President Trump were super careful with his words and always did what he said publicly, Nancy and Chuck would shake in their boots whenever the President opens his mouth. They did not believe what he told them (in full sight of the nation) about closing down the government, and those two characters were right.

Speak softly and carry a big stick, Mr. President. Then you'll get results.

:lamo

He simply does not have the ability in him to do anything you suggest in this post.

Any step in the right direction is a positive step forward. I know he can solve the immigration problem. That is the great fear of the democrats. If he succeeds they will never be crushed at the polls. Their only strategy is to do everything in their power to see to it he fails.

you 'know' this in what way? tRump has offered no cure for the immigration problem besides the stupidity of a wall

he had the republican white house, the republican senate, and the republican house of representatives for TWO ****ing years and despite that advantage they could/would not do something as simple as requiring e-verify be used by every employer to assess the legitimacy of every employee

your guy, like the others in congress, does not want the USA to quit being a magnet for cheap, undocumented labor

Red:
??? -- The "red" remark strikes you as a defense? It doesn't strike me as one.

it explains the basis for his decidedly lower request for wall funding

Flynns charged crime of lying to FBI is a joke. Nothing if you look at Hillary destroying 33000 emails while they were under subpoena by the Congress. The tremendous amounts of money the Clinton foundation took in while Hill was Secretary of State. The fact that all of Hillary's closed associates in her campaign were given immunity for information and then gave nothing. Reeks of something shady.

you 'know' this in what way? tRump has offered no cure for the immigration problem besides the stupidity of a wall

he had the republican white house, the republican senate, and the republican house of representatives for TWO ****ing years and despite that advantage they could/would not do something as simple as requiring e-verify be used by every employer to assess the legitimacy of every employee

your guy, like the others in congress, does not want the USA to quit being a magnet for cheap, undocumented labor

He wanted to send troops to support the border patrol. I call that doing something more than any and all other president in the past that clearly did nothing.

Flynns charged crime of lying to FBI is a joke. Nothing if you look at Hillary destroying 33000 emails while they were under subpoena by the Congress. The tremendous amounts of money the Clinton foundation took in while Hill was Secretary of State. The fact that all of Hillary's closed associates in her campaign were given immunity for information and then gave nothing. Reeks of something shady.

you must not have heard about flynn's comments during this week's sentencing hearing in which flynn again swore to the court that he was aware of the illegality to lying to the FBI and that he found the FBI's approach to be nothing other than acceptable practice
flynn himself acknowledged that his prosecution was no joke

if you are unable to accept flynn's word on this matter then it must be found that your posts consist of opinions devoid of the facts

What a cluster. Trump is all over the map, pulled left, pulled right, pulled this way and that...responding publicly to every little wisp of a political breeze that he feels.

WEAK....weakest President in my lifetime...utterly corrupt, unscrupulous, political and gutless. As much as he is shifting with each little breeze he seems oblivious to the big storm arriving on his doorstep in January.

Back
Top Bottom