• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Finally Standing Up to the PC Bullies

rasmussen still has them in a dead heat in Florida and Ohio. Whoever takes those wins the election. So I wouldn't be massaging yourself over that poll just yet sweetie.

If it is double digits nationwide, Florida and Ohio would not matter. Now, there are far too many things to come for polling to be particularly relevant at this point, but that ruins your point.

If it is double digits nationwide, Florida and Ohio would not matter. Now, there are far too many things to come for polling to be particularly relevant at this point, but that ruins your point.
It's still too early. We've got a while to go before November comes up.

OH, my bad. Having at least a modicum of good manners is being controlled. Spouting off about whatever enters your head is fighting for freedom from PC.

In a parallel universe in which Trump is actually qualified to be president, that is.

OK. Here we go:

I am proud I voted for a black president. To the PC loons, perfectly fine.

I am proud I voted for a white president. To the PC loons, bigotry at the extreme.

Black Lives Matter. To the PC loons, perfectly fine.

White Lives Matter. To the PC loons, bigotry at the extreme.

Do you want me to continue?

I am going to make a wild guess. A TV news reporter who would say, "I am proud I voted for a white president" would be fired before the day is up.

Or even to just alter people's speech in order to not offend anyone's sensibilities.

It's basically language control.

Again, you do not have any right not to be offended.

What may or may not offend you is within your personal purview, and how you respond within your personal control.

No one must self-regulate their free expression in order to avoid the possibility of offending YOU.

How you choose to respond to your personal offense is up to you.

Last edited:
Again, you do not have any right not to be offended.

What may or may not offend you is within your personal purview, and how you respond within your personal control.

No one must self-regulate their free expression in order to avoid the possibility of offending YOU.

How you choose to respond to your personal offense is up to you.
I 100% agree with everything you've just said.

I think here's a matter of degree in play here that no one seems to have addressed.

There's nothing wrong in being polite, nor is this what those that are chaffing against the PC are chaffing against, well, at least not me. I do believe in politeness, but I have no need or love lost for excessive PC.

I don't believe that it is incorrect to call illegal aliens exactly that, when that's what they are by legal language (it I'm not mistaken), when the excessive PC crowd wants to call them 'undocumented immigrants' or even worse 'irregular immigrants'. This is BS.

When the excessive PC crowd objects to the use of “juvenile delinquent” and wants you to use “justice-involved youth" I wonder who's lost their minds here?

Speaking of losing minds, here's what I'm talking about:
The University of New Hampshire has issued a Bias-Free Language Guide which identifies the word “American” as a “problematic” term which should not be used.

Other “problematic” words on the taxpayer-funded school’s lengthy list include “mothering,” “fathering,” “healthy,” “homosexual,” “rich,” “poor” and “senior citizen,” notes Campus Reform.

U. New Hampshire: 'American' 'PROBLEMATIC' | The Daily Caller

I mean WTF? “American” is “problematic”? This part of the PC crap that's being pushed is just total BS.

Being polite with others, more certainly isn't.

I am neither White, nor an "extremist."

And I would point out the fallacy of your position by noting the excerpt "forms of expression or action that are perceived..."

P.C. tries to stifle speech and action that is perceived to exclude, marginalize or insult...

That is a very broad and ill-defined standard.
Well if your speech is little more than racist attacks on disadvantaged people then maybe it should be stifled...by public opinion of course.

PC is respect. If people don't respect each other as human beings....then you can forget about rights because no one will have them.

I mean WTF? “American” is “problematic”? This part of the PC crap that's being pushed is just total BS.

Have you ever heard of how the air conditioning is "problematic"?

Even one of the new billboard posters for X-Men: Apocalypse is apparently "problematic".

Seriously, this just gets worse and worse as time goes on.

Seems like everyone has their own idea of what is PC. Here's the definintion....

So Trumps attacks on PC is an excuse to distract from his bigotry and racism. And that's why he has the endorsement of David Duke and the white supremacists....aka....his base.

Trump has Older-Working-White-Males as a Large portion of his base.

That does not make them "White-Supremacists".

I refer you to the Kurmugeon Corollary as stated in Post #15 of this thread.

That simply makes them another Racial/Gender Demographic Group who is trying to advocate their own Equal and Fair Treatment.

If you want to find Racial Supremacists, I suggest you look at the BLM or La Raza Groups and their calls for Genocide.

-

I think here's a matter of degree in play here that no one seems to have addressed.

There's nothing wrong in being polite, nor is this what those that are chaffing against the PC are chaffing against, well, at least not me. I do believe in politeness, but I have no need or love lost for excessive PC.

I don't believe that it is incorrect to call illegal aliens exactly that, when that's what they are by legal language (it I'm not mistaken), when the excessive PC crowd wants to call them 'undocumented immigrants' or even worse 'irregular immigrants'. This is BS.

When the excessive PC crowd objects to the use of “juvenile delinquent” and wants you to use “justice-involved youth" I wonder who's lost their minds here?

Speaking of losing minds, here's what I'm talking about:

It's New Hampshire. When's the last time New Hampshire has mattered?

Well if your speech is little more than racist attacks on disadvantaged people then maybe it should be stifled...by public opinion of course.

PC is respect. If people don't respect each other as human beings....then you can forget about rights because no one will have them.

I disagree.

I am clearly on record in this forum as stating that my natural rights are not dependent on social approval. Only those civil/legal rights which are actually privileges granted by citizenship in a particular society.

P.C. is NOT respect. It is an attempt to force others to submit to the will of group-think. Not only is it a violation of any human's right to free expression, it is a forced fiction because not saying something does not mean a person does not think and feel it anyway.

I prefer people to have open access to free expression regardless of any possible offense.

Like when the Nazi's marched in Skokie; I supported this. Not because I agreed with them in any way, but rather because I want to SEE people expressing themselves openly so I can KNOW if there are issues of concern I need to remain aware of.

Rather that than have everyone speaking nicely until I get their daggers in my back.

Last edited:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016

RASMUSSEN still has it Clinton 39 Trump 38. now if you can prove that YOUR poll is historically better than rasmussen be my guest. till then, Hillary opening up a double digit lead is just in your dreams at night. Next to the dancing Ruth Baden Ginsburgs

Have you ever heard of how the air conditioning is "problematic"?

Even one of the new billboard posters for X-Men: Apocalypse is "problematic".

No. Those are new ones on me.

Here's another one that's just ridiculous: Native Americans not Offended by "Redskins"

But that's kinda my point. Why are some wanting to reinvent or redefine parts of the language that's been in use for decades?
Why do those same people want to force what they think is 'right' on everyone else?
By what right do they think they can do this to the rest of us?

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016

RASMUSSEN still has it Clinton 39 Trump 38. now if you can prove that YOUR poll is historically better than rasmussen be my guest. till then, Hillary opening up a double digit lead is just in your dreams at night. Next to the dancing Ruth Baden Ginsburgs

My point has entirely gone over your head, hilariously far.

Leftists act and think a certain way--that's how they get lumped into the category of leftist. They view the violent behavior of the leftist mobs as righteous, so they either defend it or excuse it. Don't take my word for it, review any thread on the subject.

I don't believe it either. Cruz had one good line during his entire campaign--that to make America great again, one would first have to know what made it great in the first place. Trump has no idea what that is.

On that last one, we agree.
Does that make you a leftist, if I agree with something you posted?

While I don't think Trump is standing up to anything in particular, rather more like an even more unhinged Don Quixote tilting at specters of his own creation that no one rational sees, it looks like he's finally about to experience the full brunt of media exposure that he so richly deserves. Just not the kid-gloves, fawning nonsense that he's had so far.

I don't think the Summer will be kind to Mr. Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...trump-he-may-not-survive-it/?tid=ss_fb-bottom

My point has entirely gone over your head, hilariously far.

hmmm, you brought up a poll, I brought up a more reliable poll. Where did I miss the joke and when was it played?

OK. Here we go:

I am proud I voted for a black president. To the PC loons, perfectly fine.

I am proud I voted for a white president. To the PC loons, bigotry at the extreme.

Black Lives Matter. To the PC loons, perfectly fine.

White Lives Matter. To the PC loons, bigotry at the extreme.

1. Do you want me to continue?

2. I am going to make a wild guess. A TV news reporter who would say, "I am proud I voted for a white president" would be fired before the day is up.
1. Please don't. I have already had my quota of nonsense for the day.
2. What has any of that to do with any of the statements that Trump is making?

That simply makes them another Racial/Gender Demographic Group who is trying to advocate their own Equal and Fair Treatment.

-

He has the white supremacist/nationalist's endorsement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/01/us/politics/donald-trump-supremacists.html?_r=0

White Supremacists Mobilize For Donald Trump

Trump Has Given White Supremacist Groups New Life | Alternet

What is the "American White Voters Solidarity Movement"? I see you've been posting their "principles" all over the internet. So where did you get that list?

If you want to find Racial Supremacists, I suggest you look at the BLM or La Raza Groups and their calls for Genocide.

-
That's a good point. The reason why every group but white men are allowed to stand up for themselves and riot for their rights is that every group but white men are viewed by the left as an oppressed minority. White men are the oppressors.

Back
Top Bottom