• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump final approval rating among Republican voters: 88% (per Gallup)

Puigb

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Yes, he ended up with a George W. Bush bottom 34% approval rating overall, but it was because of historically low approval ratings among Democrats and Independents. His final approval rating of 88% among Republicans is tied for the highest on record per Gallup, tied with Eisenhower. So Trump's final approval rating among Republicans is even higher than the beloved Reagan's. Yeah, no way is the GOP convicting this turd, and his shadow over the GOP is here to stay. If the Dems were smart, they'd keep tying Trump to the GOP for as long as they can.

Yes, he ended up with a George W. Bush bottom 34% approval rating overall, but it was because of historically low approval ratings among Democrats and Independents. His final approval rating of 88% among Republicans is tied for the highest on record per Gallup, tied with Eisenhower. So Trump's final approval rating among Republicans is even higher than the beloved Reagan's. Yeah, no way is the GOP convicting this turd, and his shadow over the GOP is here to stay. If the Dems were smart, they'd keep tying Trump to the GOP for as long as they can.

Understandable why the Democrats want him convicted of their latest impeachment charges. They fear he'll run again.

As for your conclusion, very astute.

Understandable why the Democrats want him convicted of their latest impeachment charges.

Democrats want to make an example of him.

But afraid of him? Nah, he could be easily beaten, as already proven.

The GOP is MUCH more afraid of Trump than the Democrats are.

he won't be convicted in the Senate. sadly, the Republicans don't condemn his fomented insurrection, and soon, won't even acknowledge it.

Then, what I extrapolate from the above numbers, would seem to show that Republicans are out-of-touch with the greater America!

Then, what I extrapolate from the above numbers, would seem to show that Republicans are out-of-touch with the greater America!

And out of touch with reality. If 88% of Republicans are fine with blatant corruption then is it really wrong to say that the Republican party is a corrupt party?

At one point in our history, the Democratic party was the party of bigotry and corruption. Now it's the Republican party. It has become a morally bankrupt party.

Hopefully, the 12% will leave the GOP.

Republicans had to rely on the technicality of the EC to get their last two president's elected (Bush and Trump), despite them both losing the popular vote. They haven't been the majority in years, and as time passes, their minority rule is going to evaporate as well.

What an indication of how the Republicans are propagandized to be in a bubble.

But Republican Party affiliation was already down to absurdly low numbrs even in December (25% according to Gallup). So Trump retains a high rating within the incredible shrinking Republican Party.

But Republican Party affiliation was already down to absurdly low numbrs even in December (25% according to Gallup). So Trump retains a high rating within the incredible shrinking Republican Party.

Yep, minority rule. And the majority are getting sick of it.

And Congress has an approval rating in the Teens, on a good day. Those folks think impeaching, trying and convicting Trump is a good idea. Now wonder our country is messed up all the time.

Understandable why the Democrats want him convicted of their latest impeachment c
harges. They fear he'll run again.

I believe that the core base of Donald Trump is the same as the ones that voted for Henry Ross Perot and the Reform Party in 1992. This would mean that 20 % of the republican party are "Trumpies", no less and no more. There are at least another 20% on the other side of that scale of Republicans that will not except voting for him again. Escpecially after the riots. So no, he would be making the democrats a favor if he runs again, as independent or as a candidate for the Republicans. The republicans on the other hand...

It's just a question on what is right for the Democrats, they are not ready to let a despot get away with corruption, manipulations in the election or a coup without making a note to history that they worked as hard as they could to prevent it.

His final approval rating of 88% among Republicans is tied for the highest on record per Gallup, tied with Eisenhower.
That's very bad news for Republicans and if the Democrats can make him sticky with Republicans they're not going to do well in the future.

Understandable why the Democrats want him convicted of their latest impeachment charges. They fear he'll run again.

Trump loses a landslide in which he costs the GOP both chambers and the WH and ya’ll are still insisting he’s a force to be reckoned with. I mean, he is: for the GOP. Your base hates your own party now.

Have fun!

What's to fear from a serial loser?

The bitch Trump got totally and completely knocked the **** out too. How obsessed with a personality do yo have to be to *want* Donald Trump as your standard bearer? What’s the win for anyone but Trump in all this anymore?

This is akin to the Dems being enamored with Michael Dukakis after he lost and insisting in 4 years he’s comin back for revenge.

They're out of touch with their own best economic interest. Transferring wealth to the the rich and large corps and thus denying the avg American their fair share of expanding GDP per capita is bad economics for most people, incl Trump voters.

America doesn’t want Trump. That he is no longer in office proves that fact.

The Republican Party never wanted Trump, and now that he’s out, folks like McConnell will be working to make sure that he never gets back in.

The “fear” is with the Republican Party. If Trump can’t have control, he might try to create his own, separate party. That would be disastrous for the right.

And Congress has an approval rating in the Teens, on a good day. Those folks think impeaching, trying and convicting Trump is a good idea. Now wonder our country is messed up all the time.
1. Congress is made up of more than one party. All involved share the shame of low approval.
2. Congress’s low approval rating isn’t based on the impending Senate trial, or the last.

but it was because of historically low approval ratings among Democrats and Independents. His final approval rating of 88% among Republicans

I have to correct something Puigb posted in the OP. Republican approval rating in that Gallop poll fell to 82% , a 6% drop from his average of 88% over his Presidency. While the number is still unbelievably high I am encouraged that at least 6% woke up. I'm going to check some other polls as Gallup has often tended to track high for Trump compared to others, although nowhere near as lopsided and biased as Rasmussen or Harris.

From the linked article:

"A major reason Trump's ratings were historically low is because of the extreme polarization in his approval. In the Jan. 4-15 poll, 4% of Democrats, 30% of independents and 82% of Republicans approve of Trump's performance.

Throughout his presidency, an average of 7% of Democrats approved of the job Trump was doing, while 88% of Republicans did so."

I looked at those recent polls and found they only polled about 30% Republicans while the percentages for Democrats and even Independents were much greater. So how does that give an accurate approval rating?

And out of touch with reality. If 88% of Republicans are fine with blatant corruption then is it really wrong to say that the Republican party is a corrupt party?

At one point in our history, the Democratic party was the party of bigotry and corruption. Now it's the Republican party. It has become a morally bankrupt party.

Hopefully, the 12% will leave the GOP.

In Arizona 8,000 left the Republican party after the insurrection. I think we are going to start slowly seeing the separation of rational citizens and the remaining deplorables.

I have to correct something Puigb posted in the OP. Republican approval rating in that Gallop poll fell to 82% , a 6% drop from his average of 88% over his Presidency. While the number is still unbelievably high I am encouraged that at least 6% woke up. I'm going to check some other polls as Gallup has often tended to track high for Trump compared to others, although nowhere near as lopsided and biased as Rasmussen or Harris.

From the linked article:

"A major reason Trump's ratings were historically low is because of the extreme polarization in his approval. In the Jan. 4-15 poll, 4% of Democrats, 30% of independents and 82% of Republicans approve of Trump's performance.

Throughout his presidency, an average of 7% of Democrats approved of the job Trump was doing, while 88% of Republicans did so."

I think with Trump off of Twitter and no longer having the POTUS platform his supporters will no longer be bombarded with lies and conspiracy theories from him. This will hopefully create a vacuum of truth that might wake up some of these indoctrinated people.

I think with Trump off of Twitter and no longer having the POTUS platform his supporters will no longer be bombarded with lies and conspiracy theories from him. This will hopefully create a vacuum of truth that might wake up some of these indoctrinated people.
I am hopeful but I think that Newsmax, OAN and Fox will continue to amplify the lies and conspiracy theories as is evidenced by posts on DP.

Back
Top Bottom