• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump feared being hit by "very dangerous" fruit at rallies

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
"Former President Trump feared that protesters throwing tomatoes, pineapples and other "very dangerous" fruits could have killed him at campaign rallies several years ago, according to newly unveiled court documents Tuesday.

Driving the news: Trump's comments stem from a videotaped deposition he gave in October 2021 related to a lawsuit filed by a group of protesters against the former president's security staff, who they accused of assault.

• “I wanted to have people be ready because we were put on alert that they were going to do fruit,” Trump said during the deposition, a transcript of the exchange shows.
Trump added: “Tomatoes are bad,” noting that “some fruit is a lot worse.”

• “But it’s very dangerous," he said. "I remember that specific event because everybody was on alert. They were going to hit — they were going to hit hard."
  • “[Y]ou can be killed if that happens,” Trump said."
Link

Trump is right again. Tomato is a fruit. Many people don't know that.

“I promise to pay your (tomato launch-intercepting) lawyer’s fees, I promise!”

I guess the fear of dying as the result of being hit by "dangerous fruit" makes sense if when you're a thin skinned; it doesn't take much to get through that very thin layer of flesh. It's either that or he thought the crowd was going to throw killer tomatoes at him.

587fb1924b7771f24e1f398a4c290526f084fe28_hq.gif

Trump is more worried about being hit with a lawsuit………

So the question is, which Saturday morning cartoon was Trump watching when he got the idea of getting hit by “dangerous fruit?”
I guess there could be concern if you get word the crowd was going to lob coconuts or watermelons at you. I can't imagine getting hit by those would be much fun. Apples and pears would likely sting pretty bad too; especially if those throwing them have good pitching arms.
:)

I guess there could be concern if you get word the crowd was going to lob coconuts or watermelons at you. I can't imagine getting hit by those would be much fun. Apples and pears would likely sting pretty bad too; especially if those throwing them have good pitching arms.
:)
You might need a catapult for the watermelons.

This is what passes for news these days? Sheeesh!

Mr. Donald Trump is so yesterday for all but Republican politicians, his loyal band of followers, and some of the 1/6/2021 Capital-storming hooligans..

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

Generally, rotten fruit is used. Its much messier and not as dangerous. Using fresh fruit, if true, is a game changer.

Perhaps a low impact solution is needed.

Just put it in a brown bag and set it in front of the front door to Mar A Lago and light it on fire.

"Former President Trump feared that protesters throwing tomatoes, pineapples and other "very dangerous" fruits could have killed him at campaign rallies several years ago, according to newly unveiled court documents Tuesday.

Driving the news: Trump's comments stem from a videotaped deposition he gave in October 2021 related to a lawsuit filed by a group of protesters against the former president's security staff, who they accused of assault.

• “I wanted to have people be ready because we were put on alert that they were going to do fruit,” Trump said during the deposition, a transcript of the exchange shows.

• “But it’s very dangerous," he said. "I remember that specific event because everybody was on alert. They were going to hit — they were going to hit hard."
Link

That's his excuse for his security team attacking protestors, an unverified threat of a "fruiting"? :rolleyes:

Link

Wasn't there an old sci fi movie, the killer tomatoes from planet nine in the fifties? Why else do we need a space force if it isn't to protect trump from killer tomatoes?

As funny as this is, the Secret Service takes throwing things at the President very seriously no matter what it is. Trump is lucky they planned on fruit. In 2009, somebody hurled a statuette of Milan cathedral at Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and it smashed him good in the face. Broke his nose and knocked out his teeth.

As funny as this is, the Secret Service takes throwing things at the President very seriously no matter what it is. Trump is lucky they planned on fruit. In 2009, somebody hurled a statuette of Milan cathedral at Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and it smashed him good in the face. Broke his nose and knocked out his teeth.
If someone did that in the US then you can bet your lunch money that someone would defend it as "exercising their First Amendment 'freedom of religion' rights" and someone else would condemn it as a violation of the "separation of the Church and State" doctrine.

Back
Top Bottom