• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump fans threaten gun violence against protesters ahead of Pittsburgh visit

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Some Donald Trump supporters appear to be a bit overzealous in the run-up to the Republican Presidential candidate’s visit to Pittsburgh later today.

Yesterday, an open-carry support group posted a message on Reddit saying they would be armed and patrolling outside Trump’s Oakland appearance. The goal was to inhibit potential protesters. Trump is holding a town hall meeting with Fox News’ Sean Hannity inside the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall at 5:30 p.m. A screenshot sent to City Paper yesterday afternoon details plans for a group of 50 people to patrol in loops armed with guns around Oakland blocks to stop potential protesters from starting roadblocks. The screenshot has since circulated on social media but appears to have been removed from Reddit.

The posts says “the majority of us will us will be open carrying sidearms and long arms (AR-15 style preferred, but AK’s and such are fine)... This isn’t gonna be a place to mess around!” The post also states that the group plans to meet at the Mazeroski Field at 12:30 p.m. and to use two-way radios to communicate.

Pittsburgh Police on alert after armed Donald Trump supporters say they will confront protesters | News | Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh City Paper

What could possible go wrong?

Of course, if they were armed Black Panthers confronting, say, Tea Partiers, well, THAT would be right up there with the Pearl Harbor attack, the sinking of the Maine, and Benedict Arnold all put together. But since it's right-wingers carrying guns, nobody has anything to worry about ever, I guess.

Oh well. So long as they don't ACTUALLY do anything stupid, there's nothing particularly wrong here.

Perhaps they'll accomplish their objective of denying protesters? Ok, whatever.

They do come across as somewhat simplistic though. Open carrying and concealed carrying should really be for protection, not because you wanna project to some protesters who don't like your secret love.

Of course, if they were armed Black Panthers confronting, say, Tea Partiers, well, THAT would be right up there with the Pearl Harbor attack, the sinking of the Maine, and Benedict Arnold all put together. But since it's right-wingers carrying guns, nobody has anything to worry about ever, I guess.
But the bigger question is: "How does one stop a protest"?

Armed intimidation?

Bribery?

A larger louder protest?

These guys are dreaming if they think they can stand in the way of the 1st Amendment! :doh

Oh well. So long as they don't ACTUALLY do anything stupid, there's nothing particularly wrong here.

They do come across as somewhat simplistic though. Open carrying and concealed carrying should really be for protection, not because you wanna project to some protesters who don't like your secret love.

Gee, Trump supporters have a combined IQ of a gnat. Toss in guns and likely a little booze equals trouble.

To the bolded:

How?

Or perhaps more accurately: How, legally?

On the one hand, they have every right to do this.

On the other, if I were a gun owner, I'd actually be concerned something might happen. You don't have to consider this long to realize its a bad idea with the potential for some serious things to go wrong. The backlash, justified or not, would affect all gun owners and 2A supporters negatively.

They didn't even identify themselves? Are you freaking serious? It could be a left wing guy trying to stir **** up.

Whatever happened to right wing accountability? Oh wait. There never was such a thing. Blame someone else!

Another example of a just because you can doesn't mean you should scenario.
Protest, a legitimate form of our 1st amendment rights should be exercised, and if done so PEACEFULLY, protesters, unless they become confrontational, will have nothing to worry about.
Those who think that the 2nd amendment gives them a right, other than legitimately carrying a weapon, should know that actions, even mere intimidation, can have grave consequences. Taking a gun to a potentially violent situation is...and I have said this before...premeditation.
Blood is on their hands.

Whatever happened to right wing accountability? Oh wait. There never was such a thing. Blame someone else!

You are going to base a debate on a supposed group of gun wielding protesters by using a article that doesn't even know who these people might be?

You don't find anything suspicious about it?

Accountability? Check your own postings more closely before you knee jerk yourself in the jaw.

You are going to base a debate on a supposed group of gun wielding protesters by using a article that doesn't even know who these people might be?

You don't find anything suspicious about it?

Accountability? Check your own postings more closely before you knee jerk yourself in the jaw.

Trump supporters carrying guns to a protest is hardly far fetched. Lots of the idiots that support him pack heat.

Suggesting that this is a group of leftys behind this is ludicrous. Desperate is more like it.

Trump supporters carrying guns to a protest is hardly far fetched. Lots of the idiots that support him pack heat.

Suggesting that this is a group of leftys behind this is ludicrous. Desperate is more like it.

No name to a attached to this group and you want to continue with this nonsense?

No name to a attached to this group and you want to continue with this nonsense?

Numerous credible publications have run this story. Your defense of anything Trump is cute though.

With no name attachment? Keep trying. It could be anyone out there being a smartass.

Yes because it wouldn't be in character for the types of knuckledraggers that support Trump.

But the bigger question is: "How does one stop a protest"?

Armed intimidation?

Bribery?

A larger louder protest?

These guys are dreaming if they think they can stand in the way of the 1st Amendment! :doh

I wish I could find a meme or image depicting the 1st and the 2nd amendment having a fight.

I see the first amendment trying to stab the 2nd with a pen while the 2nd draws a bead on the 1st with an AR 15.

That would be a funny. Any creative computer geeks in the room wanna give it a try? It would be a FaceBook hit.

On the one hand, they have every right to do this.

On the other, if I were a gun owner, I'd actually be concerned something might happen. You don't have to consider this long to realize its a bad idea with the potential for some serious things to go wrong. The backlash, justified or not, would affect all gun owners and 2A supporters negatively.

No it won't. These protesters are violent thugs.

To the bolded:

How?

Or perhaps more accurately: How, legally?

Forget legally. Would you walk into that protest seeing all the open carriers on the other side? I reckon many wouldn't.

I'm talking emotionally, I'll happily school you on legality some other time ;)

I don't think the open carry individuals will do anything illegal. But I've seen plenty of the protesters assualt Trump supporters violently.

LOL. Yes we know Trump supports are never violent! :lamo

Back
Top Bottom