• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump faces credibility crisis

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
The Liar in Chief is no longer believed. And, that is going to turn tonight's speech into a punch line. Not that Trump hasn't been exactly that for two straight years. But, the issue this brings up is much more dire.

What if he really did have to address a national emergency? Would anyone believe him? I sure as hell would not.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/08/politics/donald-trump-prime-time-address-immigration-wall/index.html

The risk for Trump is that after the fire and fury of his relentless immigration rhetoric, anyone left who has an open mind simply will not believe him.

"I expect the President to lie to the American people," said New York Rep. Jerrold Nadler, the Democratic chairman of the House Judiciary Committee on Monday.

"Why do I expect this? Because he's been lying to the American people and his spokespeople continue lying to the American people," he said.

Ya think?

Trump lies so much that if he said it was raining, half the country wouldn't even bother looking out the window before heading out the door to go on picnic. And, I don't care which partisan hat you wear, that is not a good thing.

The Liar in Chief is no longer believed. And, that is going to turn tonight's speech into a punch line. Not that Trump hasn't been exactly that for two straight years. But, the issue this brings up is much more dire.

What if he really did have to address a national emergency? Would anyone believe him? I sure as hell would not.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/08/politics/donald-trump-prime-time-address-immigration-wall/index.html

Ya think?

Trump lies so much that if he said it was raining, half the country wouldn't even bother looking out the window before heading out the door to go on picnic. And, I don't care which partisan hat you wear, that is not a good thing.

Unfortunately, I think his supporters love his ability to constantly lie. Almost as if he's socking it to the opposition. He lies and they chuckle among themselves and say, "That was a good one." He's a reality star uninterested in reality. Hell, reality don't sell and this politics is a business. Deals, don't ya' know?
/

Ya think?

lol...saw your thread title, thought "What, just now???" I feel like there should be a Captain Obvious meme attached to this thread.

Happy New Year, Cal. :)

Ya think?

He faced a credibility issue long before he was elected. The people who voted for him simply do not care if he lies and they openly defend him. Thank goodness they are in the minority.

To be honest, I'm surprised news networks are actually airing the address live.

News networks are getting to the point that they've had enough of Trump manipulating and commanding the news cycle by making sensationalist, outlandish and untrue claims. To wit, in the wake of Trump's a rambling and bumbling "stream of consciousness" 30+ minute rant of lies that moved the Wall Street Journal's conservative editorial board noted that, "We cannot recall a more absurd misstatement of history by an American President," and Trump's impromptu press stunt, Trump's jejune fiascos, idiocy, procrustean penchant, and just unmitigated ignorance, networks' subtle fulmination, denying him "priority"/live coverage, is apropos. Indeed, the man is at the point that there needs to be ignore functionality one can apply to him must as there is for members on DP.

See also:

And of course, at some point we are going to have a real crisis with immediate consequences and he will not have the credibility to convince the public or get help from our allies .

He faced a credibility issue long before he was elected. The people who voted for him simply do not care if he lies and they openly defend him. Thank goodness they are in the minority.

Unfortunately, our political system gives undo power to the minority....as long as that minority is the wealthy.

Back
Top Bottom