• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump eyes new unproven coronavirus "cure"

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
From Jonathan Swan at Axios (which I think should be considered MSM at this point)

Trump eyes unproven COVID-19 "cure" promoted by MyPillow CEO - Axios

Trump eyes new unproven coronavirus "cure"
Jonathan Swan

To the alarm of some government health officials, President Trump has expressed enthusiasm for the Food and Drug Administration to permit an extract from the oleander plant to be marketed as a dietary supplement or, alternatively, approved as a drug to cure COVID-19, despite lack of proof that it works.

Driving the news: The experimental botanical extract, oleandrin, was promoted to Trump during an Oval Office meeting in July. It's embraced by Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson and MyPillow founder and CEO Mike Lindell, a big Trump backer, who recently took a financial stake in the company that develops the product.

Lindell told Axios that in the meeting, Trump "basically said: …'The FDA should be approving it.'"
The White House did not respond to requests for comment.
Why it matters: A senior administration official familiar with the internal conversations told Axios, "The involvement of the Secretary of HUD and MyPillow.com in pushing a dubious product at the highest levels should give Americans no comfort at night about their health and safety during a raging pandemic."

The snake oil salesmen in the administration are now actually working on actively selling snake oil. I wonder if the CEO of My Pillow is the next director of the CDC, or will take over for Azar or maybe Fauci.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eating poison will pretty much cure every disease, and will ensure that you won't ever catch anything again.

Or breathe

How many pills can a pillow pusher push if a pillow pusher pushed pills?

Eating poison will pretty much cure every disease, and will ensure that you won't ever catch anything again.

Or breathe

The dose makes the poison, and from what I see, the concentrations needed for oleandrin to make it to therapeutic levels are equivalent to the lethal concentrations in the blood.

Cardiac glycosides are nothing to fool with.

The dose makes the poison, and from what I see, the concentrations needed for oleandrin to make it to therapeutic levels are equivalent to the lethal concentrations in the blood.

Cardiac glycosides are nothing to fool with.

Is radiation poison?

Sorta? :lamo

Well, a poison is something that you would generally ingest, or possibly apply topically.

Radiation can be in those forms, but it also can be dosed in a way that does not touch the person physically, therefore calling it a ‘poison’ is a bit odd.

I mean.. visible light can be harmful when concentrated in a laser, but I dont think we’d call light ‘a poison’, would we?

If you eat oleander, I can promise that you won't die of Covid19.

People are really stupid.

President Trump reminds me of the forsythia guy in Contagion. Let us see if he starts on hydroxychloroquine level snakeoilsmanship.

Back
Top Bottom