• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump ex advisor Bannon convicted of contempt of U.S. Congress

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
On 2 counts.

Dems doing cartwheels :)

'bout time someone goes to jail, or, rather, he'd better get some time.

What do y'all think is fair?

I'd go with 2 years for his public defiance and lack of remorse.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised, I thought for sure there would be at least one Bannon sympathizer unwilling to hear the facts and hang the jury, but I was wrong. Good to hear folks adhering to the rule of law.

This ought to put a scare in Navarro. He's next.

WASHINGTON, July 22 (Reuters) - Steve Bannon, a key associate of former President Donald Trump and an influential figure on the American right, was convicted on Friday of contempt of Congress for defying a subpoena from the committee investigating last year's attack on the U.S. Capitol, a major victory for the Democratic-led panel.

A jury found Bannon, 68, guilty of two misdemeanor counts for refusing to provide testimony or documents to the House of Representatives select committee as it scrutinizes the Jan. 6, 2021, rampage by Trump supporters who tried to upend the results of the 2020 presidential election.

I am shocked!

Absolutely shocked!

Whoever thought that a D.C. (!!!) jury would ever convict a friend of Donald J. Trump!

Why all the one sidedness in these political trials? When is Hillary going to get called out for wiping and physically destroying her and her minions' subpoenaed devices? Never that's when.

*loud mic drop*

On 2 counts.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised, I thought for sure there would be at least one Bannon sympathizer unwilling to hear the facts and hang the jury, but I was wrong. Good to hear folks adhering to the rule of law.

WASHINGTON, July 22 (Reuters) - Steve Bannon, a key associate of former President Donald Trump and an influential figure on the American right, was convicted on Friday of contempt of Congress for defying a subpoena from the committee investigating last year's attack on the U.S. Capitol, a major victory for the Democratic-led panel.

A jury found Bannon, 68, guilty of two misdemeanor counts for refusing to provide testimony or documents to the House of Representatives select committee as it scrutinizes the Jan. 6, 2021, rampage by Trump supporters who tried to upend the results of the 2020 presidential election.

No less than 4 months. This is not a first offense.

Why all the one sidedness in these political trials? When is Hillary going to get called out for wiping and physically destroying her and her minions' subpoenaed devices? Never that's when.

*loud mic drop*

Are you suggesting that Trump's DOJ was weak and incompetent? They had FOUR years to prosecute Hillary... Were they just idiots?

Are you suggesting that Trump's DOJ was weak and incompetent? They had FOUR years to prosecute Hillary... Were they just idiots?

I'm suggesting I'm totally flabbergasted why more sleazy Democrat aren't going to jail. It literally blows my mind. I'm sure AOC must've served a few underage kids in her bartending career. Where's the FBI looking into her?

Would seem like it was pretty stupid to commit a crime in DC then... I hope all the bravado bullshit works out for him in prison

It is literally impossible to ignore a congressional subpoena anywhere but Washington DC. He had to commit the crime there. :ROFLMAO:

Oh BTW, did you know he is probably going to have to serve whatever time he gets in a local DC jail? Ain't that awesome?

I'm suggesting I'm totally flabbergasted why more sleazy Democrat aren't going to jail. It literally blows my mind. I'm sure AOC must've served a few underage kids in her bartending career. Where's the FBI looking into her?
The FBI is who I'd call if I was aware of a bartender serving underage customers. Yup, yup, Yup!

Oh, so you are just whining. The GQP is really pathetic sometimes..

It is literally impossible to ignore a congressional subpoena anywhere but Washington DC. He had to commit the crime there. :ROFLMAO:

Oh BTW, did you know he is probably going to have to serve whatever time he gets in a local DC jail? Ain't that awesome?

Meh, I'm sure Bannon will be the same loudmouth in jail..

I'm still waiting for Bannon to rip the face off of Biden, Pelosi and Schumer like he claimed during his bravado when he was arrested.
He promised the misdemeanor from hell. Could that have been all bluster? Very disappointed Steve.

Yep, just as bad as defying a congressional subpoena. Although serving minors isn't a federal offense, so the FBI are probably right to stay out of it.

I'm still waiting for Bannon to rip the face off of Biden, Pelosi and Schumer like he claimed during his bravado when he was arrested.
He promised the misdemeanor from hell. Could that have been all bluster? Very disappointed Steve.
He didn't even take the stand in his own defense. Very tuff

Misdemeanor. Clean record. Six month suspended sentence sounds fair.

If there's now a 30 day minimum for each charge, maybe he'll get that.

On 2 counts.

No brainer------of course he should go to jail.

Back
Top Bottom