• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Evictions - Moving Day

Only people who are totally stupid and ignorant or totally dishonest will admit to believing that nonsense.

The Lincoln Project is obviously the latter.

Tell me, BlueTex...which are you?

Only people who are totally stupid and ignorant or totally dishonest will admit to believing that nonsense.

What is wrong with what they are saying? Trump's mishandling of the crisis is the major factor behind our financial crash.

Did Trump issue a moratorium on evictions and foreclosures?

Why the emotional reaction? Know it will work?

What is wrong with what they are saying? Trump's mishandling of the crisis is the major factor behind our financial crash.

The Governors closed their various states.

Did you happen to miss this in your review of what's happening?

So, when the Congress is, once again, impotent in addressing real world issues and the President steps in, once again, to do something, anything, to help, you blame him?

What's wrong with you guys?

So, when the Congress is, once again, impotent in addressing real world issues and the President steps in, once again, to do something, anything, to help, you blame him?

The house has had a bill ready for two months... Where has the GOP senate been?

But he has in reality done Nothing to stop evictions, don't you know that?

The thing about very publicly deciding to go it alone is that you very clearly assign responsibility to yourself for what happens next. People know Trump signed something then their unemployment checks got smaller and evictions picked up. And certainly they'll be made aware that he's defunding Social Security on top of that.

Yes, they did. But here's the thing: countries all over the world issued shut downs as well, and their financial situation did not tank as badly. Why? Because they did it methodically. The reaction in the US has been 50 states doing 50 different things because there is no leadership at CentGov.

But he has in reality done Nothing to stop evictions, don't you know that?

He did have a signing ceremony at his golf club for an executive order to consider, review, promote.. LMAO.... How many Trumpvilles can we fit on one of his golf courses?

Yes, they did. But here's the thing: countries all over the world issued shut downs as well, and their financial situation did not tank as badly. Why? Because they did it methodically. The reaction in the US has been 50 states doing 50 different things because there is no leadership at CentGov.

How are you a libertarian?

25 MILLION... That's the estimate of how many are at risk of eviction.... That's based on census data from last month...

Let that sink in...

How are you a libertarian?

I'm not. It says my lean is Libertarian. But then again, it is not Libertarian to believe that CentGov does not have roles to play. Responding to a global pandemic with a national action plan would be one of them.

Their ads are brutally honest. I can understand why Trump supporters hate them.

I'm not. It says my lean is Libertarian. But then again, it is not Libertarian to believe that CentGov does not have roles to play. Responding to a global pandemic with a national action plan would be one of them.

Leaning libertarian does indeed mean that one does not support central govt control of the economy or peoples health. Its the fundamental principle of libertarianism to favor maximum individual autonomy. Govt exists to protect our life from violence, not nature.

In an effort to give help to the stupid and ignorant...

I have to wonder why people insist that the executive branch step in with some sort of solution? In my mind, this is more of a state responsibility. It was the governors in each state who, to one degree or another, shut down their economies. It is the governors in each state who, to one degree or another, are opening their economies. So it is up to the states to take steps to provide solutions and relief to everyone involved in this renter/eviction issue. I don't know about all the states, but my own state has taken steps in dealing with this issue.

My governor declared a temporary moratorium on evictions during his "stay at home" phase. However, we have moved on from that phase and the moratorium expired. Polis did what he could since he couldn't, on his own, extend the moratorium. He has set some rules that help renters. My state is now in the same position as the federal government. My state legislature won't pass the necessary legislation...along with the necessary funds...to provide a solution and relief for all of those involved.

Keep in mind that it's not just the people paying rent who are affected.

Trump is in a similar situation as Polis. Trump cannot just make a declaration and nobody has to pay rent...or nobody can be evicted. After all, he's not a king. We need Congress to pass some legislation...with funding...to deal with this. In the meantime, Trump has directed his agencies to look for ways that will help all of those involved. Absent Congress, that's all he can do.

In an effort to give help to the stupid and ignorant...

I have to wonder why people insist that the executive branch step in with some sort of solution? In my mind, this is more of a state responsibility. It was the governors in each state who, to one degree or another, shut down their economies. It is the governors in each state who, to one degree or another, are opening their economies. So it is up to the states to take steps to provide solutions and relief to everyone involved in this renter/eviction issue. I don't know about all the states, but my own state has taken steps in dealing with this issue.

My governor declared a temporary moratorium on evictions during his "stay at home" phase. However, we have moved on from that phase and the moratorium expired. Polis did what he could since he couldn't, on his own, extend the moratorium. He seting some rules that help renters. My state is now in the same position as the federal government. My state legislature won't pass the necessary legislation...along with the necessary funds...to provide a solution and relief for all of those involved.

Keep in mind that it's not just the people paying rent who are affected.

Trump is in a similar situation as Polis. Trump cannot just make a declaration and nobody has to pay rent...or nobody can be evicted. After all, he's not a king. We need Congress to pass some legislation...with funding...to deal with this. In the meantime, Trump has directed his agencies to look for ways that will help all of those involved. Absent Congress, that's all he can do.

Or he could simply press the GOP senate to take up the bill the house passed two months ago... It's stupid and ignorant to think the democrats won't make it very well known where the obstruction has been happening. The American people are not dumb. They see what is happening...

What b is truly amazing, is impeached trump had the plan. Introduced the plan, and the cowardly abandoned the plan to reopen the country.

If the Whitehouse plan had been followed, the country would be reopened, the economy would be doing better, the US government wouldn't be debating how much more to go into debt, and an impeached president would likely be leading in the polls on his way to reelection.

Unfortunately the US erected a coward not a leader. Days after introducing his plan he abandoned it. Taking the side of protesters against governors who were simply following his plan. It is truly crazy.

April 16 Access Denied
Was introduced. Imagine, if the we had leadership what the country would be right now.

He failed, hopefully people recognize that in November.

Fyi, evidence is all the countries doing well right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Governors closed the state based on Whitehouse guidelines.

And the governors who actually followed
Access Denied
Were discredited and criticized by the impeached person occupying the Whitehouse.

Leaning libertarian does indeed mean that one does not support central govt control of the economy or peoples health. Its the fundamental principle of libertarianism to favor maximum individual autonomy. Govt exists to protect our life from violence, not nature.

So if you are hit by a violent hurricane, earthquake, tornado, etc., you will turn down government assistance?

Back
Top Bottom