• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump erases Joe Biden's five-point lead in Texas, polls show

I am showing you data from all the polls, not just the ones that favor Biden. The OP framed this poll as marking a huge shift in opinion. This isn't true if we look at all the polls. The 5 point shift is only with respect to the Tyler university poll from July. This 5 point shift is not reflected in the other polls.

POS basically wrote propaganda by saying there has been this huge shift in opinion, but there hasn't been a huge shift in opinion. He was lying.

No, POS was quoting an article from the NY Post and linked to them making the claim. But this race wont be decided in Texas. There were polls showing Hillary might take Texas as well and that didnt happen. This race will be won/lost in the Rust Belt.

You should be thankful for places like California, which you know nothing of other than right wing spin. fact is there are lots of right wingnuts in California, and they have wreaked havoc in California for decades. You know nothing about any of the other cities you mention other than right wing spin.
You probably come from some rural bigoted areas, that think you can create a fictional "Mayberry"... and act like you live in Hootersville ... when fact is the world is far removed form that TV imagery. You might want to pay attention to the Age of Information and the Era of Technology that continues to evolve into the future. Nations around the world are moving fast and these Rural Gerrymandered Cult Enclaves, continue to want to regress America...
the innovative mind of progressive people will built the future, and these Rural and Other Gerrymandered Cult Enclaves will create their own suffering, because the world will not stop and wait for them to catch up... Life and Times have always moved forward and will continue to do so.

you talk about personal responsibility, but Conservatives have nothing more than "worship the white man in a suit, who claims to have money"... while they expect him to give them something they have not prepared themselves to earn or achieve. Trump "ain't" gonna give you guys anything. If you did not learn that from the $2.-$3... pittance a day tax break, while they wealthy got Massive tax relief... then you guys are as insidious as were the Confederates, who fought to protect the Plutocracy's Agenda and its Autocratic Madness of Wealthy Slave Owners.

Yes, I am truly thankful for California as it shows the country what liberalism looks like when expanded nationally as the results of the 5th largest economy in the world isn't reaching people in need as that state leads the nation in homeless, poverty, illegals, has the highest cost of living and I could go on but that doesn't resonate with radicals like, care to explain why people are fleeing such a successful state?

Are the wealthy fleeing California taxes? – Orange County Register

Your racism is in full display so why don't you explain to us why looters who are only seeking what they need not looting grocery stores? You focus on color I focus o results

Yes you are showing poll numbers today as if they matter, tell me exactly why you want our country to run like California and NY or cities like Portland, Seattle, LA, SF, Chicago, Minneapolis, Kenosha, NYC?

Opinion polls are changing as more and more people are paying attention to what liberalism has offered in the areas I mentioned but for some reason you ignore that reality. Another issue you want to ignore is the Kamala Harris factor of being a heartbeat from the Presidency. Is her ideology what you support?

How have liberal cities hurt you and your family?

Joe Biden's five-point lead in Texas polls has vanished

Looks like the Democrat-led riots and gaslighting campaign to blame it all on Trump have finally backfired on them. Serves them right.

Wow, Trump has a small lead in a state that he won 4 years ago by 10 points, Romney won by 16 points, McCain won by 11 points, Bush won by more than 20 points against Gore and Kerry.

So looks like Trump is doing terribly in a state he should have never been behind to begin with.

Nice surprise? So you have no problem with the liberal ideology and liberal results or having the most radical candidate a heartbeat from the Presidency? You are blinded by an ideology that is a fraud or are you simply pimping for posts?

i want to see the Republican party lose big time at the polls. it's the only way that this wayward party will ever self correct. since we are only really given two choices, they should at least be two decently mediocre choices; not comic book bad guys vs semi-well meaning bumblers who have no idea how to prioritize issues.

No, POS was quoting an article from the NY Post and linked to them making the claim. But this race wont be decided in Texas. There were polls showing Hillary might take Texas as well and that didnt happen. This race will be won/lost in the Rust Belt.

Rust belt

Ohio - Trump +1.8
Pennsylvania - Biden +4.5
Michigan - Biden +6.7
Wisconsin - Biden +7.3​

So, Trump's message is "America has gone hell in a hand basket under my leadership, so you need to re-elect me." That doesn't sound to be a winning strategy.

Also, Texas is a Covid hot-spot and Trump's lack of leadership may influence votes. Also, Texas is a military state and Trump's reported comments can only damage him.

I think the question is who's responsibility does the Kenosha, Minneapolis and Portland police departments fall? Is it the city, is it the state or is it the federal government? I personally think only the cities of those police departments involved can solve their problems or they can make it worse.

Why are the riots and violence still going on? Don't the mayors or those involved in the city government want them to end? Or are they afraid to end them and perhaps because ending them may offend a big voting block. I'm very much the cynic here when it comes to party politics.

Can Trump be the law and order candidate even though he is the incumbent? Sure he can. The violence is taking place in totally Democratic dominated cities and states. Here's what Ed Randell had to say, Ed is an advisor to the Biden Campaign.

“What we were afraid of is moderates saying, ‘I hate Donald Trump, but I need to be safe. I have to hold my nose and vote for him,’” Rendell told the publication."

How US recovery, chaos in Kenosha and Portland is helping Trump to blunt Biden '''steamroller'''

And then there may be a suburb problem rising for Biden and the Democrats.

New Yahoo News/YouGov poll: Will Kenosha backlash swing suburbanites to Trump? What the data says (so far)

What I see is both sides trying to take this purely local issues dealing with solely local police department and turn it into a national problem in order to use it to gain political advantage over the other.

I do think the longer these protests, riots and violence continues, they are playing into the Trump campaign book. Usually being a law and order candidate won't work for an incumbent. But we have something unique here as the places where all the violence are occurring are in Democratic dominate cities and states.

Rust belt

Ohio - Trump +1.8
Pennsylvania - Biden +4.5
Michigan - Biden +6.7
Wisconsin - Biden +7.3​

Then you have nothing to worry about. Go plan your celebration.

i want to see the Republican party lose big time at the polls. it's the only way that this wayward party will ever self correct. since we are only really given two choices, they should at least be two decently mediocre choices; not comic book bad guys vs semi-well meaning bumblers who have no idea how to prioritize issues.

Right and we can spread liberal success stories like California and NY along with all those liberal run cities destroyed by rioting all over the country

Right and we can spread liberal success stories like California and NY along with all those liberal run cities destroyed by rioting all over the country

the best thing that can happen to the Republican party is if Tweety and his sycophants are flushed at the ballot box. after that, perhaps you guys can build something better.

the best thing that can happen to the Republican party is if Tweety and his sycophants are flushed at the ballot box. after that, perhaps you guys can build something better.

So you claim but cannot explain what Trump has done to generate the hatred? Passionate hatred, rioting, looting, defunding police will never resonate with the majority in this country and None of that has been implemented or created by Trump

No... that is not the point of my commentary... ( I should have said "Right Wingers" instead of using the word "you". )
I am responding the the point within your writing... of how the Right Winger will try to lay blame of Biden, (who is NOT in Office at This Time) for the mess happing on Trump's watch, because a lot of these bigoted and racist people don't like the fact that people are protesting. to State The Fact, Black Lives Matter... We know many white people throughout American history has NOT wanted Black Lives to Matter. Because many of those types want to have someone to look down upon, to avoid seeing their own bias and bigoted self delusions of fictions of superiority. These type of people are "Sick"... They are like an evil force that has damaged America for Centuries.

They are so absurd, they can't see the damage they and their ancestry has done, for their desperation to want to think they are better than others, based on the simplicity of skin. It's the most insanely ignorant thing ever.

Biden, nor Biden's Supporters are for an Extreme Left or Extreme Right... They are supporting the "Principles of Equality" and working to correct the biases our system have been bastardized to promote over many centuries and decades. The Right does not want human equality of person, nor equality within the systems of society. The Right wants to dictate over society, as the right wing white people did during slavery and segregation and the long history of their repressions and suppression of women. The Right simply "do not" know how to live in Civil Society under the principles of Equality of Person as Individual. The worst part is, they don't care... all they want is to delude themselves that they are superior and have the vain delusion they can "dictate over society" with their plutocratic support for authoritarian madness.

They (Right Wingers) are like an Evil Force that continues to damage America .... and the young of today, will not sit around and tolerate it. So, the vile Right Wingers come with their guns and military style garb looking like antiquated fools... with a savage agenda. Trying to promote the same type of Terrorist Mentality and Conduct as the KKK did at the end of Reconstruction.

Racism is likely can a make a big difference in Texas, but also Biden's policy to tax heavily those over $400000 will probably put him behind Trump. Texas is still backward.

ROFLMAO, higher taxes, defunding police hurts every American including my family

How so? Higher taxation increases the standard of living in a country.

Yes you are showing poll numbers today as if they matter, tell me exactly why you want our country to run like California and NY or cities like Portland, Seattle, LA, SF, Chicago, Minneapolis, Kenosha, NYC?

Have you been to these cities? I've been to most of these cities, and while they have problems they are still vibrant, dynamic, and wonderful places to live and work. They are our country's best engines of economic productivity. The stuff you see on Fox News is propaganda intended to scare you.

You are big on economic data, right? Well, did you know that 80% of the U.S. population lives in large cities? Did you know that 85% of US GDP is generated by the 259 largest cities in the U.S.?

The vast majority of economic growth during Trump's administration, do you know where that growth took place? That's right in these evil, Democratic-run cities you hate so much.

https://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/Mc...al economy/MGI_Urban_America_Full_Report.ashx

You ask me why I want our country to run like these places?

All these places you hate? That is where the vast majority of the U.S. population lives. That's where the vast majority of economic activity takes place.

You basically hate America.

And, yes, these cities are experiencing wonderful, democratic protests where people are freely expressing their 1st amendment rights; and, unfortunately, in some cases, even riots involving arson and looting which all Democrats whole-heartedly condemn. But what you see on Fox News is an exaggeration. There aren't that many serious riots. The riots are taking place in very limited geographic locations, measured in city blocks, not entire cities. Fox News is making pro-Trump propaganda on a daily basis in order to scare you into voting for Trump. And you fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

And, nobody likes the riots, not the people living there, not Democrats, not the political leadership in the cities, and not the protesters.

Opinion polls are changing as more and more people are paying attention to what liberalism has offered in the areas I mentioned but for some reason you ignore that reality.

The polls haven't really changed that much. Trump had a tiny post-convention bounce, and it is quickly evaportating. Dude, every post you write is a propagandistic screed devoid of fact and data. Every time I counter your post with data and prove you wrong you change the subject. Every post in every thread you write is an attempt to derail the thread. I have no idea why the moderators don't take a harder line on all your frequent attempts to derail every thread.

Another issue you want to ignore is the Kamala Harris factor of being a heartbeat from the Presidency. Is her ideology what you support?

I honestly don't care about her political positions. I care that she believes in the Rule of Law and the Constitution and our institutions. Trump, Trump supporters, and Republicans in general, no longer care about the Rule of Law, our Constitution, or our Institutions and they appear to be willing to destroy everything to get what they want. I don't agree with that, and I think all Republicans need a good time out for about 15 to 20 years until they learn they will have to share this country with people who aren't of 100% Northern European descent.

Last edited:
So you claim but cannot explain what Trump has done to generate the hatred? Passionate hatred, rioting, looting, defunding police will never resonate with the majority in this country and None of that has been implemented or created by Trump

i submit his entire selfish, lying disaster of a presidency as evidence. but at least he managed to inherit a good economy. not every president can claim that.

Biden's got it locked up this year. So, with the virus and mail thing it isn't worth the time for Democrats to vote. But, I highly encourage Democrats who still want to vote to vote by mail.
GOP wishful thinking with a dash of their undemocratic core belief -- only certain people should vote.

I think the question is who's responsibility does the Kenosha, Minneapolis and Portland police departments fall? Is it the city, is it the state or is it the federal government? I personally think only the cities of those police departments involved can solve their problems or they can make it worse.

Why are the riots and violence still going on? Don't the mayors or those involved in the city government want them to end? Or are they afraid to end them and perhaps because ending them may offend a big voting block. I'm very much the cynic here when it comes to party politics.

Can Trump be the law and order candidate even though he is the incumbent? Sure he can. The violence is taking place in totally Democratic dominated cities and states. Here's what Ed Randell had to say, Ed is an advisor to the Biden Campaign.

“What we were afraid of is moderates saying, ‘I hate Donald Trump, but I need to be safe. I have to hold my nose and vote for him,’” Rendell told the publication."

How US recovery, chaos in Kenosha and Portland is helping Trump to blunt Biden '''steamroller'''

And then there may be a suburb problem rising for Biden and the Democrats.

New Yahoo News/YouGov poll: Will Kenosha backlash swing suburbanites to Trump? What the data says (so far)

What I see is both sides trying to take this purely local issues dealing with solely local police department and turn it into a national problem in order to use it to gain political advantage over the other.

I do think the longer these protests, riots and violence continues, they are playing into the Trump campaign book. Usually being a law and order candidate won't work for an incumbent. But we have something unique here as the places where all the violence are occurring are in Democratic dominate cities and states.

Interest how the focus is on the response to police killing innocent black men and not that police kill innocent black men.

The vast majority of protests are peaceful.

There is some rioting but cities are not in flames but you'd never know that watching Fox.

Meanwhile, more people feel safer with Biden at the helm.

43lLws_0WtGLAiV00
Safety1.JPG

How so? Higher taxation increases the standard of living in a country.

LOL higher taxes fund social spending that destroys incentive and takes money out of the pockets of consumers who drive this economy. You really have no idea what the components of GDP are and how states and local governments get their money, mostly sales and property taxes not income taxes!! You keep buying the liberal spin and ignoring how people are fleeing liberal states because of high state and local taxes

Ummmmmmmmmmm, Hillary far, far outspent Trump in the 2016 election.

We are talking about Texas here. When is the last time a Republican presidential candidate had to spend a lot of money to hold Texas?

Have you been to these cities? I've been to most of these cities, and while they have problems they are still vibrant, dynamic, and wonderful places to live and work. They are our country's best engines of economic productivity. The stuff you see on Fox News is propaganda intended to scare you.

You are big on economic data, right? Well, did you know that 80% of the U.S. population lives in large cities? Did you know that 85% of US GDP is generated by the 259 largest cities in the U.S.?

The vast majority of economic growth during Trump's administration, do you know where that growth took place? That's right in these evil, Democratic-run cities you hate so much.

https://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/Mc...al economy/MGI_Urban_America_Full_Report.ashx

You ask me why I want our country to run like these places?

All these places you hate? That is where the vast majority of the U.S. population lives. That's where the vast majority of economic activity takes place.

You basically hate America.

And, yes, these cities are experiencing wonderful, democratic protests where people are freely expressing their 1st amendment rights; and, unfortunately, in some cases, even riots involving arson and looting which all Democrats whole-heartedly condemn. But what you see on Fox News is an exaggeration. There aren't that many serious riots. The riots are taking place in very limited geographic locations, measured in city blocks, not entire cities. Fox News is making pro-Trump propaganda on a daily basis in order to scare you into voting for Trump. And you fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

And, nobody likes the riots, not the people living there, not Democrats, not the political leadership in the cities, and not the protesters.

The polls haven't really changed that much. Trump had a tiny post-convention bounce, and it is quickly evaportating. Dude, every post you write is a propagandistic screed devoid of fact and data. Every time I counter your post with data and prove you wrong you change the subject. Every post in every thread you write is an attempt to derail the thread. I have no idea why the moderators don't take a harder line on all your frequent attempts to derail every thread.

I honestly don't care about her political positions. I care that she believes in the Rule of Law and the Constitution and our institutions. Trump, Trump supporters, and Republicans in general, no longer care about the Rule of Law, our Constitution, or our Institutions and they appear to be willing to destroy everything to get what they want. I don't agree with that, and I think all Republicans need a good time out for about 15 to 20 years until they learn they will have to share this country with people who aren't of 100% Northern European descent.

Yes, I have been to everyone of those cities and pay the price there for all those so called social programs that you seem to support. The rule of law?? Defunding police is the rule of law?

Your total ignorance of the Trump economy is staggering almost as much as your ignorance of what is going on in those liberal cities all over the country, rioting and looting, racism by BLM is driving people out of those cities. If you think that Biden isn't going to beholden to radicals like Harris and the radical Democratic Party base, you are truly naive and very gullible. Having Harris a heartbeat from the President should scare every American but not liberal elites like you who are comfortable with their own finances that never reach the intended poor the left claims they care about. Liberalism destroys incentive, capitalism restores it.

You think this country is more liberal than it is, you claim Trump has violated the law totally ignoring baseless charges of those claims, charges you want to believe. There is no valid reason to vote for Biden as you cannot justify liberalism and the liberal results

Back
Top Bottom