• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Ended 2018 France Trip Having Art Loaded on Air Force One

You do understand that the 'pallets of cash' thing is a lie? The money belonged to Iran, was held frozen in several banks (not all in the US), and was owed, by America, for a long-standing debt over an arms deal which never went through because sanctions were imposed. Your government honoured the debt. That, old chum, is the truth you no doubt prefer to be different. On the other hand there's Trump who has welshed on so many debts and is so toxic that no bank wants anything to do with him. He owes Deutsche Bank over $2 billion; and that's just the tip of the iceberg of the poor bastards he stiffed.

They did ship pallets of cash but like you say, it was their money. taylor literally thinks we put 400 billion in a brown paper bag and handed it to Iran. Of course he believes that it was illegal, a ransom payment or whatever his conservative masters told him but he wont back it up. And thats clearly from experience. Having narratives blow up in their faces so much, conservatives have learned to be vague and non specific about what they believe. When I questioned his claimes he first he told me to look it up myself (con 101). He's now going through the deflecting checklist: insults, pretending to not understand and now he's asking questions.

Was it a covert operation or not Vern?

Let's see if you learned anything whatsoever.

So strange... all these horrible things that Trump has been up to since January of 2016 and the American people are just finding out about them now - a couple months ahead of November 2020.

There's gotta be a rationalle here but I'm having a little trouble putting my finger on it... :confused:

I don't care, we already know what Trump is. Fallen soldiers are better off not having his vile presence disgrace their graves.

They did ship pallets of cash but like you say, it was their money. taylor literally thinks we put 400 billion in a brown paper bag and handed it to Iran. Of course he believes that it was illegal, a ransom payment or whatever his conservative masters told him but he wont back it up. And thats clearly from experience. Having narratives blow up in their faces so much, conservatives have learned to be vague and non specific about what they believe. When I questioned his claimes he first he told me to look it up myself (con 101). He's now going through the deflecting checklist: insults, pretending to not understand and now he's asking questions.
It took countless pages and countless posts, but Vern you did it. You learned something!!! :applaud

Why do you think the media "lied?"

Because it was conservative media; doing anything it could to smear Obama politically. And it appears to have worked on ignorant conservatives who are either too lazy or too disinterested to figure out the facts behind screeching headlines.

Because it was conservative media; doing anything it could to smear Obama politically. And it appears to have worked on ignorant conservatives who are too lazy to figure out the facts behind screeching headlines.
Why do you think the Obama administration "lied" when confirming reports from "conservative media" that they had authorized a covert mission to deliver pallets of cash to Iran?

Why do you think the Obama administration "lied" when confirming reports from "conservative media" that they had authorized a covert mission to deliver pallets of cash to Iran?

That wasn't the lie. The lie concocted by the right wing was that it was a 'gift' or some such nonsense. It was a long-standing debt, honoured by America. If you really want to discuss lies we could examine Reagan's Iran-Contra scandal, secretly delivering arms and money to terrorists.

That wasn't the lie. The lie concocted by the right wing was that it was a 'gift' or some such nonsense. It was a long-standing debt, honoured by America. If you really want to discuss lies we could examine Reagan's Iran-Contra scandal, secretly delivering arms and money to terrorists.
Nobody in this thread has made any such claim, so your point is irrelevant to the discussion.

Nobody in this thread has made any such claim, so your point is irrelevant to the discussion.

You did; post #32. "Sneaking" pallets of cash. What was this 'sneaking', and why would something so politically sensitive be made public for the media to lie about?

You did; post #32. "Sneaking" pallets of cash. What was this 'sneaking', and why would something so politically sensitive be made public for the media to lie about?
It was a covert operation that we only learned about after someone leaked it to the press.

Last edited:
I don't know about "the right wing's field day" - just helping you and Vern understand that pallets of cash were indeed secretly sent by Obama into Iran. Well, he tried to keep it secret but a whistleblower leaked it to the press.

Correction, "pallets of Iran's cash back to Iran"

Which by the way cost no American lives.

Presidential looting?

After Donald Trump’s planned trip to a French cemetery for fallen Marines was canceled in November 2018, the U.S. leader had some extra time on his hands in a mansion filled with artwork. The next day, he went art shopping -- or the presidential equivalent.

Trump fancied several of the pieces in the U.S. ambassador’s historic residence in Paris, where he was staying, and on a whim had them removed and loaded onto Air Force One, according to people familiar with the matter. The works -- a portrait, a bust, and a set of silver figurines -- were brought back to the White House.

The decision to cancel Trump’s visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery outside Paris is under new scrutiny after the Atlantic magazine on Thursday published a bombshell report that Trump belittled the American servicemen buried there, part of a broader history of disparaging certain people who’ve served in the military. Trump has vehemently denied making the comments about “suckers” and “losers” in the armed forces.

Never previously reported is Trump’s spur-of-the-moment art caper before leaving the ambassador’s residence.

The incident was met with a mixture of amusement and astonishment at the time, but caused headaches for White House and State Department staffers, according to several people familiar with the episode who asked not to be identified due to its sensitivity.

Donald Trump, Air Force One and French Art Haul: Latest News on President - Bloomberg

Good job Mr. President

It took countless pages and countless posts, but Vern you did it. You learned something!!! :applaud

oh silly, I've always known they flew cash to Iran. you were implying President Obama did something illegal which was the official lying conservative narrative. So again, I'm asking you to back up the part where it was "sneaking pallets of cash into Iran" , "lying about it" after being "caught". See how you continue to dishonestly pretend not to understand that.

Last edited:
So Obama did try to secretly send pallets of cash to Iran. Maybe Vern will read up, but I doubt it.

see above. Dont pretend again to not see it.

oh silly, I've always known they flew cash to Iran. you were implying President Obama did something illegal which was the official lying conservative narrative. So again, I'm asking you to back up the part where it was "sneaking pallets of cash into Iran" , "lying about it" after being "caught". See how you continue to dishonestly pretend not to understand that.
Baby steps...

I'm asking you to back up the part where it was "sneaking pallets of cash into Iran" "lying about it" after being "caught". See how you continue to dishonestly pretend not to understand that.
Do you understand that:
1) The mission was covert
2) It was only discovered when someone leaked it to the press

Baby steps...

Do you understand that:
1) The mission was covert
2) It was only discovered when someone leaked it to the press

No, I dont understand that because you're implying he did something wrong and (this is key) you've only repeated that as well as "lying when caught". You've not backed anything up. Maybe the word "sneak" confuses you. Reagan "sneaked" weapons into Iran because it was illegal. Bush flew 9 billion in cash on pallets (I know that word upsets you but thats how you ship cash) into Iraq. Not wise but not illegal. Its just not "sneaking" when you announce months before you will give them their money back and when it requires the Treasury dept to gather the money with approval from the State Dept and the Justice dept. Let the Treasury Inspector General help you out

Response to Chairman Hatch Regarding the Iran Payment Inquiry
On November 10, 2016, we responded to a request from Chairman Hatch, Senate Committee on Finance, regarding Treasury’s January 19, 2016, payment to the Islamic Republic of Iran (Iran). We reported on the payment process
related to an approximate $1.3 billion payment that the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (Fiscal Service) made to Iran from the Judgment Fund. Fiscal Service made the payment after receiving necessary information and authorizations from
the Departments of Justice and State

https://www.treasury.gov/about/orga...es/Semiannual Report to Congress Mar 2017.pdf

I understand how things work. You only seem to understand what your conservative masters tell you. Thats why you cant back up anything nor even explain what you think the issue is.

No, I dont understand that because you're implying he did something wrong and (this is key) you've only repeated that as well as "lying when caught". You've not backed anything up. Maybe the word "sneak" confuses you. Reagan "sneaked" weapons into Iran because it was illegal. Bush flew 9 billion in cash on pallets (I know that word upsets you but thats how you ship cash) into Iraq. Not wise but not illegal. Its just not "sneaking" when you announce months before you will give them their money back and when it requires the Treasury dept to gather the money with approval from the State Dept and the Justice dept. Let the Treasury Inspector General help you out
Vern. Give a damn. Go to Webster's:

Sneak
1: to go stealthily or furtively

Furtive
1a: done in a quiet and secretive way to avoid being noticed : SURREPTITIOUS

This is exactly what the Obama admin did by loading pallets of cash in untraceable foreign currency on a plane.

Does this part make sense now?

Response to Chairman Hatch Regarding the Iran Payment Inquiry
On November 10, 2016, we responded to a request from Chairman Hatch, Senate Committee on Finance, regarding Treasury’s January 19, 2016, payment to the Islamic Republic of Iran (Iran). We reported on the payment process related to an approximate $1.3 billion payment that the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (Fiscal Service) made to Iran from the Judgment Fund. Fiscal Service made the payment after receiving necessary information and authorizations from the Departments of Justice and State

https://www.treasury.gov/about/orga...es/Semiannual Report to Congress Mar 2017.pdf

I understand how things work. You only seem to understand what your conservative masters tell you. Thats why you cant back up anything nor even explain what you think the issue is.
Thanks for helping to prove my point. Do you know what the Judgment Fund is? How is it funded? Would Obama need Congressional approval to use those funds, or would it be a way to bypass Congress in order to make a surreptitious payment?

Vern. Give a damn. Go to Webster's:

Sneak
1: to go stealthily or furtively

Furtive
1a: done in a quiet and secretive way to avoid being noticed : SURREPTITIOUS
This is exactly what the Obama admin did by loading pallets of cash in untraceable foreign currency on a plane.
Does this part make sense now?
Thanks for helping to prove my point. Do you know what the Judgment Fund is? How is it funded? Would Obama need Congressional approval to use those funds, or would it be a way to bypass Congress in order to make a surreptitious payment?

oh taylor, in addition to asking more questions instead of backing up your claims you're pretending to not understand the context of your own posts. You implied "sneaking" as if it was illegal because you claimed he "lied " and was "caught". Again, the payment was announced months before. Not announcing to you when or how is not sneaking. My wife didnt "catch" me drinking a beer on sunday while watching football. She knew I was going to do it. And notice how you still are not backing up anything. You need to understand you have an emotional need to believe the lies your conservative masters tell you. And since you know from experience they're liars, you have to remain vague and obtuse.

loading pallets of cash in untraceable foreign currency on a plane.

sorry Taylor, I didnt catch the obedient "untraceable" claim earlier. I did catch you trying to massage "sneaking" to "covert" but I let it slide. Again, you said "sneaking" as if they did something illegal. The "untraceable" thing is just you looking for a magic word or phrase to cling to yet another lying conservative narrative. Seriously, after "born in Kenya", "his BC a forgery" "he wants to kill old people", the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies and the always hilarious "trump and republicans really really really want to lower the deficit if not balance the budget", why would believe anything they tell you? I can explain why if you want to know.

Back
Top Bottom