• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump encourages North Carolina residents to vote twice to test mail-in system

:lamo

Trying to justify the GOP stacking the deck on elections. Pathetic.

The Dems cheat. That's a given. If we cant beat em, join em. If enough cheating happens, maybe some people will think its probably a bad idea.

Trump appears to encourage North Carolinians to vote twice to test the system

Trump appears to encourage North Carolinians to vote twice to test the system - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Wednesday appeared to encourage people in North Carolina to vote twice -- once by mail and once in person -- during the November general election to purportedly double check that their initial vote was counted, which is already receiving push back from state election officials.

When Trump was asked by local news station WECT in Wilmington, North Carolina, whether he was confident in the state's absentee voting system, the President launched into a somewhat rambling answer.

"Well, they'll go out and they'll go vote, and they're going to have to go and check their vote by going to the poll and voting that way, because if it tabulates, then they won't be able to do that," Trump said on the tarmac in front of Air Force One. "So, let them send it in, and let them go vote, and if the system is as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they won't be able to vote. So that's the way it is. And that's what they should do."

Nothing to see here folks, just the President of the United States encouraging his supporters to commit electoral fraud.

And in other news, AG Barr, apparently doesn't know that voting twice is a crime.

Bill Barr Dodges When Confronted on Trump Pushing Vote Fraud

The Attorney General of the United States professed ignorance about the legality of attempting to vote twice in any election, after he was confronted with comments made just minutes earlier by President Donald Trump encouraging exactly that.

During an interview with Wolf Blitzer, AG Bill Barr seemed clearly taken aback when the CNN host read off a quote from Trump on Wednesday afternoon that urged his supporters to try to vote first by mail and then in-person to test “the system.” Voting twice is a felony and the penalties can be stiff — a New Hampshire man who intentionally voted twice in the 2018 midterms was fined $1,000 and had his right to vote permanently revoked.

When Blitzer asked for his reaction, Barr demurred and had the CNN host read the quote a second time.

“So let them send it in, the vote by mail, the voting by mail,” Blitzer said, quoting the president. “And let them go vote the ballot, let them send in the ballot, and then let them go vote, and if the system is as good as they say it is, then obviously they won’t be able to vote.”

“It sounds like he’s encouraging people to break the law and try to vote twice,” Blitzer observed.

“Well, I don’t know exactly what he was saying,” Barr offered about Trump’s unquestionably clear statement. “But it seems to me what he’s saying is he’s trying to make the point that the ability to monitor this system is not good and if it was so good, if you tried to vote a second time, you would be caught if you voted in-person.”

“That would be illegal if somebody mailed in a ballot and then actually showed up to vote in person. That would be illegal,” Blitzer noted about the president all but suborning a felony by his supporters.

“I don’t know what the law in the particular state says,” the attorney general responded.

“You can’t vote twice,” Blitzer pointed out.

“I don’t know what the law in that particular state says,” Barr dodged again.

“Is there any state that says you can vote twice?” Blitzer said, trying another tack.

“There are some that maybe you can change your vote up to a particular term,” Barr said, before quickly hitting back at Blitzer for ambushing him. “Why are you asking me what he’s saying?”

“He doesn’t believe in mail-in voting and you’re the Attorney General of the United States,” Blitzer reminded the nation’s chief law enforcement officer.

“Wolf, this is sort of cheap talk to get around the fundamental problem,” Barr said, switching gears and going on the offense. “The bipartisan commission chaired by Jimmy Carter and James Baker said back in 2009 that mail-in voting is fraught with the risk of fraud and coercion.”

In fact, Carter came out strongly in favor of mail-in voting this past May as the coronavirus pandemic raged across the country, citing numerous voting security safeguards that have been put in place since his initial study. “I urge political leaders across the country to take immediate steps to expand vote-by-mail and other measures that can help protect the core of American democracy,” Carter said in a statement.

Barr is Trump's biggest hack and enabler. He can't say that voting twice is illegal and contradict Trump? Apparently, not.

Re: Trump appears to encourage North Carolinians to vote twice to test the system

Trump appears to encourage North Carolinians to vote twice to test the system - CNNPolitics

Nothing to see here folks, just the President of the United States encouraging his supporters to commit electoral fraud.

And in other news, AG Barr, apparently doesn't know that voting twice is a crime.

Barr is Trump's biggest hack and enabler. He can't say that voting twice is illegal and contradict Trump? Apparently, not.

So, when your whole election strategy is to say voter fraud I guess you have to create it, so you can claim voter fraud......

Re: Trump appears to encourage North Carolinians to vote twice to test the system

I have my popcorn, and I am waiting for the Trump fans here to explain why this is okay.

So, when your whole election strategy is to say voter fraud I guess you have to create it, so you can claim voter fraud......

That looks like what Trump is trying to do,
If there isn't hardly any voter fraud then you have to go out and create some.

and IF Barr doesn't know that voting twice ( or more ) is against the law HOW is he qualified to be AG of the USA?
Have a nice day

I guess, but then again, there are few things Trump or his supporters do that make sense to me.

I have my popcorn, and I am waiting for the Trump fans here to explain why this is okay.

Alex, I'll go with what is, "LOL ROFL MAGA stupid Libtards ROFL!!! HE is just trolling the MEDIA ROFL LOL ROFL MAGA!" for 500, please.

That looks like what Trump is trying to do,
If there isn't hardly any voter fraud then you have to go out and create some.

and IF Barr doesn't know that voting twice ( or more ) is against the law HOW is he qualified to be AG of the USA?
Have a nice day

He'll qualify for the SC.

He'll qualify for the SC.

Hate to say it but you could be right
Have a nice day

This is what, the 7th, 8th thread about this? How does it qualify as "breaking news"? :lamo

Hate to say it but you could be right
Have a nice day

The Republican Senate would certainly confirm him. Silver lining, Trump won't nominate him, since he can't afford to lose his "Roy Cohen".

This is what, the 7th, 8th thread about this? How does it qualify as "breaking news"? :lamo

Right? It's like no big deal the President is actively encouraging the same voter fraud he constantly bashes.

Yeah, I mean what's the big deal about Trump encouraging his supporters to violate the law. LOL ROFL MAGA LOL ROFL MAGA LOL MAGA MA MAG A MAGF HSHSHSAHAGAGAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA STUPID LIBTARDS HAHAHAHAHAHA LIB TEARS HAHAHAHAHAH ROFL MAGA HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's on the front page of CNN, as just one example.

Also, my first instinct was to put it in the 2020 election sub-forum, but every single thread I've made in that forum about mail-in voting has been moved by one particular moderator who thinks the issue of mail-in voting is not relevant enough to the 2020 general election, and therefore not worthy of discussion in that sub-forum.

Last edited:

Right? It's like no big deal the President is actively encouraging the same voter fraud he constantly bashes.
Great post, AW.

As usual.

[emoji4]

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

This Trump klan never ceases to amaze me, every day something new to show either their ignorance or their willingness to screw the American people for their own political gain. This is looking less and less like America under the Trump/Putin Party, another four years of this and this country will be in the sewer.

This Trump klan never ceases to amaze me, every day something new to show either their ignorance or their willingness to screw the American people for their own political gain. This is looking less and less like America under the Trump/Putin Party, another four years of this and this country will be in the sewer.

This is who they are. This is who they've always been.

Authoritarian Nightmare: Trump and His Followers Hardcover – by John W. Dean (Author), Bob Altemeyer (Author)

https://www.amazon.com/Authoritarian-Nightmare-Trump-His-Followers/dp/1612199054

Trump is afraid and weakened by new polling showing Biden's national lead holding tight at 7.5 points in spite of a small and temporary bounce from the Convention.

As a result, he is now asking his base to commit felonies for him to give him another term and, therefore, keep him out of prison after January 20.

It's illegal to knowingly attempt to commit a crime, it's illegal to commit a crime, and it's illegal to ask/order/suggest that others commit crimes for you.

And in case you're wondering if his wording is vague enough to avoid an indictment after he leaves office, it isn't. If this kind of cutesy wording for a command to commit crimes could keep somebody out of prison, there would be no organized crime heads in prison.

So...yeah...throw another felony on the pile. At this point, though, Trump is really only incentivized to keep committing crimes. If you know you're already going to spend the rest of your short life in prison, then committing a whole bunch of additional crimes really doesn't matter, especially if the police have given you a five month head start.

And if you're a trump supporter and want to commit crimes to help Trump avoid prison, knock yourself out. Nobody will shed a tear for you when you're put away.

Trump encourages North Carolina residents to vote twice to test mail-in system

LOL!! If it is that easy to commit double voting with mail in voting then there should not be any mail in voting.

And no, Trump didn't tell them to vote twice, he clearly told them to go in and confirm there vote had been tabulated, and if it hadn't, they should recast their vote.

Bill Barr Not Sure If Trump’s Plan to Vote Twice is Legal

"And Blitzer asked Barr about Trump’s advice yesterday that his voters should all vote twice, first by mail, and then again in person. Barr pleaded ignorance as to the specifics of that particular act. "I don't know what the law in the particular state says"

Notice that Barr is able to confidently assess the likelihood of mail-voting fraud without any facts, simply by “logic.” Yet his powers of logic offer him no guide at all as to whether it’s legal to vote twice in a North Carolina election.

Even without familiarity with the specifics of North Carolina election law, logic would suggest that intentionally violating the law just to see if the authorities can stop you is not allowed. Just in general, violating the law to see how it’s enforced is not allowed. Or maybe somebody should break into Barr’s office just to test the effectiveness of his security system and see what he thinks."

LOL!! If it is that easy to commit double voting with mail in voting then there should not be any mail in voting.

If you want to learn how to make license plates that's certainly fine by me.

If you want to learn how to make license plates that's certainly fine by me.

If you mail in a vote and then find out at the polling station that the vote had not been counted then you should recast your vote. It's right there in what Trump said.

If the mail-in voting system is as fraud proof as you all keep claiming it is, then it shouldn't be that easy to cast two votes. :lol:

If you mail in a vote and then find out at the polling station that the vote had not been counted then you should recast your vote. It's right there in what Trump said.

If the mail-in voting system is as fraud proof as you all keep claiming it is, then it shouldn't be that easy to cast two votes. :lol:

Besides making license plates, another fun skill you'll be able to learn is making alcoholic beverages in a toilet bowl.

"President Donald Trump On Thursday he urged his followers to 'SIGN & MAIL-IN' their ballots, then go to their polling place and 'VOTE' if it has not yet been counted."

Not quite the same as asking them to vote twice, do a mail-in then on the 3rd go to the polling place and make sure it was actually counted, if not vote there.

He added:
'If your Mail In Ballot arrives ... after you Vote, which it should not, that Ballot will not be used or counted in that your vote has already been cast & tabulated. YOU ARE NOW ASSURED THAT YOUR PRECIOUS VOTE HAS BEEN COUNTED, it hasn't been 'lost, thrown out, or in any way destroyed"

With all the confusion about mail-in it makes sense, either way your vote is only counted once.

Besides making license plates, another fun skill you'll be able to learn is making alcoholic beverages in a toilet bowl.

Democrats: Mail-in Voter Fraud is impossible!!

Also Democrats: MAIL-IN VOTER FRAUD IS EASY!!

Back
Top Bottom