• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump doing his best to make sure the Dems win in Ga

GolfingChef

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Can't wait for the prep rally on Monday then, since it's a bit confusing on next steps if you're heading to the polls and believe what Trump is saying.

President Donald Trump declared the Senate runoff elections in Georgia both “illegal and invalid,”

why bother going to vote even.

Only the moron Trump suppresses his own vote. You have a valid point, if the GA Nov election was rigged to favor Biden, why participate in a corrupt election.

GA Republicans should protest the corrupt GA electoral system by boycotting the Senate Runoffs.

Can't wait for the prep rally on Monday then, since it's a bit confusing on next steps if you're heading to the polls and believe what Trump is saying.
It's just so weird. The Trump corner seems to want it both ways. Some days saying he supports the GOP candidates in GA and then making statements about how it's rigged and no republican should vote in it. Really bizarre. But it allows him to declare an "I toldja so!" whichever way it goes.

It's just so weird. The Trump corner seems to want it both ways. Some days saying he supports the GOP candidates in GA and then making statements about how it's rigged and no republican should vote in it. Really bizarre. But it allows him to declare an "I toldja so!" whichever way it goes.

Exactly, and that's what this has been about from the beginning. I often cite the 2016 election because he did the exact same thing, but the notable difference is he did not dispute the results when he won. It's important to remember the context he laid out for fraud in the election: it's only a factor if he loses. It's a comically absurd premise, but apparently one which many have decided makes sense.

Exactly, and that's what this has been about from the beginning. I often cite the 2016 election because he did the exact same thing, but the notable difference is he did not dispute the results when he won. It's important to remember the context he laid out for fraud in the election: it's only a factor if he loses. It's a comically absurd premise, but apparently one which many have decided makes sense.
Remember he claimed there were 3 million illegal votes cast against him in 2016, which accounted for his loss in the popular vote. Now he claims there were 7 million illegal votes cast against him, which cost him the election. And the sad thing is there are at least 50 million Americans of voting age that believe that BS. Also, he is making these claims ONLY in the places he lost. Apparently all the other places were pure as snow.

I swear Trump could claim that the moon is made of green cheese and those rubes would believe him.

Remember he claimed there were 3 million illegal votes cast against him in 2016, which accounted for his loss in the popular vote. Now he claims there were 7 million illegal votes cast against him, which cost him the election. And the sad thing is there are at least 50 million Americans of voting age that believe that BS. Also, he is making these claims ONLY in the places he lost. Apparently all the other places were pure as snow.

It's all very transparent, and as I've stated before, mainly because he put his claim out before the election; crying foul before the game is played already stinks. What's far more plausible is this is all a big show because he cannot conceptualize nor accept defeat.

I swear Trump could claim that the moon is made of green cheese and those rubes would believe him.

I don't think he was wrong in his comment back in 2016 about not losing support if he shot someone on 5th Ave.

Does anyone else think there is a possibility of some sort of treaty between the Whigs and Democrats ? Possibly mutual investment in the retro-burgeoning animatronics market as a sign of good will?

I did my part and voted today. Short lines again where I live. SInce no one was behind me in line, I spent about 5 minutes joking around and chatting with the older lady who processed me(and by older, I mean she was probably about my age).

I did my part and voted today. Short lines again where I live. SInce no one was behind me in line, I spent about 5 minutes joking around and chatting with the older lady who processed me(and by older, I mean she was probably about my age).

Since you live in GA., what's your feeling on who will win in GA.?

Since you live in GA., what's your feeling on who will win in GA.?
Seriously, it is 50/50. It could go either way. It could even be a large margin either way. Just not enough information. I took my mom with me to vote, and we stopped and visited my sister and brother in law on the way back to her house. Between the 4 of us, each candidate got 2 votes. Totally cancelled each other our.

They get to do that now.

They got their target demographic so locked down they can lie to them with impunity.

His many times in the last four years has trump said or done something outrageous and they swallowed whole whatever narrative as to "what had happened was" they got 24 hours later.

Then the next day trump declares he did mean whatever he said or did. And his supporters adopt the new 24hr delayed narrative when it arrives without blinking an eye.

And amusingly/disturbingly, as we've seen in the election afterparty, they will take both narratives as canon going forward. Even when both obviously can't be true.

Frankly, as much as I have been ringing the bell on the talk radio conservative problem and propaganda in general since I came here all those years ago, and am aware of it's potency, I undercalculated the human aversion to admitting they have been fooled by an order of magnitude.

Have you caught yourself yelling at someone for driving like an old person and get up to them and realize they may be younger than you are yet?

It was a sobering moment for me. But kinda encouraging, ya know?

I don't think he was wrong in his comment back in 2016 about not losing support if he shot someone on 5th Ave.
His supporters will not hold him accountable for anything.

That the Georgia senate run-offs are as tight as we're seeing shows there's quite the momentum to make a shift in state representation in the Senate. That Georgia voted for the Democratic Party presidential candidate was pretty interesting enough, but these race results are also quite revealing in terms of GOP vote predictability.

That the Georgia senate run-offs are as tight as we're seeing shows there's quite the momentum to make a shift in state representation in the Senate. That Georgia voted for the Democratic Party presidential candidate was pretty interesting enough, but these race results are also quite revealing in terms of GOP vote predictability.
I think that the reason is because Trump discouraged the party faithfuls, and then you got the lin woods say 'THey are rigging the vote, so don't vote'

I think that the reason is because Trump discouraged the party faithfuls, and then you got the lin woods say 'THey are rigging the vote, so don't vote'

I do wonder how much that played a part in it. The reason I'm doubtful is I'm sure most GOP voters realize that by not voting their protest will mean Democrats will have more leverage in the Senate.

I do wonder how much that played a part in it. The reason I'm doubtful is I'm sure most GOP voters realize that by not voting their protest will mean Democrats will have more leverage in the Senate.
Well, you see, that would have been a good campaign strategy .. but the republicans couldn't use that, because they were claiming Trump won.

Well, you see, that would have been a good campaign strategy .. but the republicans couldn't use that, because they were claiming Trump won.

Yeah, there's no getting around how daft Trump's comments were about the legitimacy of the election process; casting that doubt has consequences. What is pretty surprising is how many Republican politicians have decided to die on the Trump hill. Trump's political relevance after he's out of office is questionable.

Yeah, there's no getting around how daft Trump's comments were about the legitimacy of the election process; casting that doubt has consequences. What is pretty surprising is how many Republican politicians have decided to die on the Trump hill. Trump's political relevance after he's out of office is questionable.

They are playing to the trump supporters, not to trump.

They are playing to the trump supporters, not to trump.

Sure, which is why I mentioned Trump's relevance post-presidency. What the Trump supporters morph into if he disappears into the sunset is the real question. The grievances are still present, but it will take another avatar to manifest them into a coherent political form. That's what I'm curious to see evolve. If Trump keeps himself in the spotlight, then we'll just have a continuance of his supporters, but if he doesn't, then it could all branch out into various subsets.

I hope all these new Democratic voters make a habit of voting.

Back
Top Bottom