• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Does It His Way

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The front-runner has a right to be paranoid, with everyone plotting to steal his prize. He said he doesn’t want to “act like someone overly aggrieved,” but he was stewing in aggrievement about how “unbelievably badly” he gets treated by the press. The brand expert knows his brand is not so shiny these days

It’s a very interesting question because I do enjoy life a lot and I have fun with life and I understand life and I want to make life better for people, but it doesn’t come out in the media,” he said.

Has he missed the moment to moderate, to unite, to be less belligerent, to brush up on his knowledge about important issues?

“I guess because of the fact that I immediately went to No. 1 and I said, why don’t I just keep the same thing going?” he mused. “I’ve come this far in life. I’ve had great success. I’ve done it my way.”

He added: “You know, there are a lot of people who say, ‘Don’t change.’ I can be as presidential as anybody who ever lived. I can be so presidential if I want.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/03/o...region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region&_r=0

I have liked Dowd from way back, I dont agree with everything she says but when she says something I listen.

I like how he complains about how he gets treated, then continues to act like a pompous ass.

I like how he complains about how he gets treated, then continues to act like a pompous ass.

You mean the billionaire victim is misunderstood and it's someone else's fault?

Another think, it is now clear that Trump meant it when over the last 8-10 weeks he has said somewhat regularly that this business is harder than he thought it was going in, which is really common, but only Trump has ever had the bedrocked self worth to be able to admit it.

I just keep liking this guy more.

You mean the billionaire victim is misunderstood and it's someone else's fault?

I'm sorry I forgot the /s, he should of expected liberal media bias, on top his general coarseness, was not going to result in a favorable opinion from the mainstream media.

I'm sorry I forgot the /s, he should of expected liberal media bias, on top his general coarseness, was not going to result in a favorable opinion from the mainstream media.

I have always wondered what the MSM was...............news sources which report news folks as yourself do not wish to hear? And how did you ever come to the conclusion that the MSM is liberal and deliberately distorts/lies/propagandizes the news in a liberal way to trick folks as yourself...............Did some one tell you that was so?.................or was it thru your own investigation?

I have always wondered what the MSM was...............news sources which report news folks as yourself do not wish to hear? And how did you ever come to the conclusion that the MSM is liberal and deliberately distorts/lies/propagandizes the news in a liberal way to trick folks as yourself...............Did some one tell you that was so?.................or was it thru your own investigation?

The majority of the MSM has a liberal bias, mainstream media is defined as mass media that influences a large number of people, it tends to follow the general train of thought of everyone else, and offers less dissenting thought than alternative media. Broadcast news stations tend to effect the largest amount of people, while cable new stations effect less but tend to have more dissenting thought.

Example one, In the 2000 Election the Media falsely reported Bush had lost Florida, and it costed him many voters in the state, because of many Bush voters staying home thinking their candidate had already lost to Gore, this resulted in a closer vote than should have been, and could of costed Bush the state.

Example two, Left-wing bias tends to be against the tea party movement. Any manner of attacks have been thrown at the Tea Party, they have been called racists, homophobes (accurate in most cases), haters, and even terrorists! There was one such incident, where the media ascribed the Obama-as-Hitler signs at a Tea Party rally, to the Tea Party itself! In fact, they belonged to the nutty LaRouche organization, a group the Tea Party has openly loathed.

NBC, CNN and MSNBC All Assign Communist LaRouche's Obama-Hitler Poster to Conservatives, Limbaugh

Example three, the media constantly had Obama's back during his first 100 days, they were right behind him, and he is of course left-wing.

http://archive.mrc.org/SpecialReports/2009/100Days/100DaysPDFversion.pdf

Example four, this isn't liberal bias, but it is anti-family bias. Fathers are portrayed as absolutely worthless, they are always shown in a negative manner. The media shows them as hateful, disinterested in their family, and idiotic. This however is merely a sidenote, as it is not primarily in the MSM

EDITORIAL: Anti-Dad bias - Washington Times

Example five, Poor old, Herman Cain when he was running for the GOP nomination he ran into a lot of media bias, he was often referred to as an "Uncle Tom", they accused him of infidelities that were ultimately never proven, but we look to the favorable treatment of Bill Clinton, John Edwards, and other Democrat's infidelities they were often ignored, or avoided for extensive periods of time, before the media decided to cover it. However Cain's accusations hit the fan almost immediately. He was not given the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-race-problem/2011/03/04/gIQAO1dGyL_blog.html

My final example, the treatment of Dan Quayle as compared to that of Joe Biden. Dan Quayle minor missteps were blown to massive proportions just by misspelling potato, the media went on unrelenting assaults on the VP's intelligence, which ultimately destroyed any further political opportunities for the poor man. However Joe Biden who believes all Indian-Americans worked at Dunk'n Donuts, and 7-11s is just "Joe", and asking a man in a wheelchair to stand up, and not remembering what the "number" of a website was, but the media will still wonder if he is going to run for president, not the same treatment Quayle got.

Washingtonpost.com Special Report: Clinton Accused

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=9443

^ Pure brilliance :lamo

To be honest I dislike bias in either form, Conservative or Liberal, it bothers me, it is impossible to find an impartial source now, unless you dig through the internet, and pray. For now I have to crosscheck sources to formulate a fair opinion on a subject. "Faux" news has gotten worse, and worse, and NBC hasn't been good in a long while.

Last edited:
The majority of the MSM has a liberal bias, mainstream media is defined as mass media that influences a large number of people, it tends to follow the general train of thought of everyone else, and offers less dissenting thought than alternative media. Broadcast news stations tend to effect the largest amount of people, while cable new stations effect less but tend to have more dissenting thought.

were blown to massive proportions just by misspelling potato, the media went on unrelenting assaults on the VP's intelligence, which ultimately destroyed any further political opportunities for the poor man. However Joe Biden who believes all Indian-Americans worked at Dunk'n Donuts, and 7-11s is just "Joe", and asking a man in a wheelchair to stand up, and not remembering what the "number" of a website was, but the media will still wonder if he is going to run for president, not the same treatment Quayle got.

Washingtonpost.com Special Report: Clinton Accused

Good News: Joe Biden Says He’s Ready for the Big Seat in 2016 » Right Pundits

^ Pure brilliance :lamo

To be honest I dislike bias in either form, Conservative or Liberal, it bothers me, it is impossible to find an impartial source now, unless you dig through the internet, and pray. For now I have to crosscheck sources to formulate a fair opinion on a subject. "Faux" news has gotten worse, and worse, and NBC hasn't been good in a long while.

SAYS YOU
Example one, In the 2000 Election the Media falsely reported Bush had lost Florida, and it costed him many voters in the state, because of many Bush voters staying home thinking their candidate had already lost to Gore, this resulted in a closer vote than should have been, and could of costed Bush the state.
You have your facts all bollixed up………….and I remember Faux Noise making the same report…………no one was sure who won….. and the first report was changed to “not determined” within 90 minutes of the first report made by all media sources that night………. The news is fluid and not determined by political leanings but by facts know at the time of the report………….as more information becomes available………..first reports can change and are reported as so

SAYS YOU

NBC, CNN and MSNBC All Assign Communist LaRouche's Obama-Hitler Poster to Conservatives, Limbaugh

Example three, the media constantly had Obama's back during his first 100 days, they were right behind him, and he is of course left-wing.

Is the report no true? And is reporting news which you see favorable to Obama…………was the reports not based on facts bu8t politically motivated lies……..and how is it you call news reports which you see as “right behind him, and he is of course left-wing”………..I would suggest you see it that way because you did not like the news or the truth it represented…………..That is not called liberal bias………….. But is close minded RW bias

I am sorry I will not answer the other claims you make because the examples are off target and downright silly………There is no MSM liberal bias………….

And remember………… news reporting as in Journalism deals with telling what happened and without a slant ………… a media outlet may have a political leaning as expressed in the editorials and opinion pieces they print……………..whereas the current event news of all can be trusted for the most part…………..If you don’t like their political leanings………..don’t read the editorials and/or opinion pieces……………….But MSM bias is a lame and non- defense against reports which the RW does not want known or like to read

I AGREE..............today there is nothing like real journalism ............I call what we have news-ertainment...........and yhe intended/unintended result is the dumbing down of American........

I find it shocking the number of ignorant folks in the US............... Some claim their main source of the news are TV comedy shows.......... very few read one paper let alone more to get a fuller picture of the news...........

I have found if anyone is truly interested in knowing what is going on in the US.........read the foreign press.......BBC, Guardian, Dawn are good and reliable sources......... and with Google translate you can read almost any news paper in the world...............

If you let others decide what and where you get your information from...................they do not have your best interests in mind but are playing yall for suckers

SAYS YOU
You have your facts all bollixed up………….and I remember Faux Noise making the same report…………no one was sure who won….. and the first report was changed to “not determined” within 90 minutes of the first report made by all media sources that night………. The news is fluid and not determined by political leanings but by facts know at the time of the report………….as more information becomes available………..first reports can change and are reported as so

SAYS YOU

Is the report no true? And is reporting news which you see favorable to Obama…………was the reports not based on facts bu8t politically motivated lies……..and how is it you call news reports which you see as “right behind him, and he is of course left-wing”………..I would suggest you see it that way because you did not like the news or the truth it represented…………..That is not called liberal bias………….. But is close minded RW bias

I am sorry I will not answer the other claims you make because the examples are off target and downright silly………There is no MSM liberal bias………….

And remember………… news reporting as in Journalism deals with telling what happened and without a slant ………… a media outlet may have a political leaning as expressed in the editorials and opinion pieces they print……………..whereas the current event news of all can be trusted for the most part…………..If you don’t like their political leanings………..don’t read the editorials and/or opinion pieces……………….But MSM bias is a lame and non- defense against reports which the RW does not want known or like to read

I AGREE..............today there is nothing like real journalism ............I call what we have news-ertainment...........and yhe intended/unintended result is the dumbing down of American........

I find it shocking the number of ignorant folks in the US............... Some claim their main source of the news are TV comedy shows.......... very few read one paper let alone more to get a fuller picture of the news...........

I have found if anyone is truly interested in knowing what is going on in the US.........read the foreign press.......BBC, Guardian, Dawn are good and reliable sources......... and with Google translate you can read almost any news paper in the world...............

If you let others decide what and where you get your information from...................they do not have your best interests in mind but are playing yall for suckers

I will have to agree to disagree with you, but foreign newspapers are the only honest things left in this world, as far as news goes in the United States.

I will have to agree to disagree with you, but foreign newspapers are the only honest things left in this world, as far as news goes in the United States.

Who says "honest"?..................I said if you want to know.............which means that often facts are not reported fully in American press.........and has little to do with honesty but more a produce of time, space and reporters who only look for the sensationalism in a news report............

I wonder if you even have read any foreign news source for any length of time to be able to form an opinion on how they cover American news...........I doubt you have........

Who says "honest"?..................I said if you want to know.............which means that often facts are not reported fully in American press.........and has little to do with honesty but more a produce of time, space and reporters who only look for the sensationalism in a news report............

I wonder if you even have read any foreign news source for any length of time to be able to form an opinion on how they cover American news...........I doubt you have........

I have read RT, a Russian State Owned News Group (oh boy when you talk about bias in Russian Politics) for quite a while now, they present more facts than our new does. When you omit facts to sensationalize something isn't that lying, not telling the full truth? The ellipses are.................... quite................................. long....................... in................... your..................... post.................... The Daily Mail UK......... has a lot less to sensationalize from their perspective............... Using hyperbole to an extreme extent................ is lying............... if you include.............. extra facts................... and when you omit......................... the real reason why something happened............ then substitute your own reasoning................ it's a lie.

By the way what are the long ellipses about?

I have read RT, a Russian State Owned News Group (oh boy when you talk about bias in Russian Politics) for quite a while now, they present more facts than our new does. When you omit facts to sensationalize something isn't that lying, not telling the full truth? The ellipses are.................... quite................................. long....................... in................... your..................... post.................... The Daily Mail UK......... has a lot less to sensationalize from their perspective............... Using hyperbole to an extreme extent................ is lying............... if you include.............. extra facts................... and when you omit......................... the real reason why something happened............ then substitute your own reasoning................ it's a lie.

By the way what are the long ellipses about?

Stop being obtuse............... and an anchor chain on any meaningful discussion or sharing of ideas............ But more so please try not speaking to things/issues/policies you know little of...........

Because you are starting to sound like Trump

Stop being obtuse............... and an anchor chain on any meaningful discussion or sharing of ideas............ But more so please try not speaking to things/issues/policies you know little of...........

Because you are starting to sound like Trump

Can you please stop with the ellipses, my eyes are starting to want to shoot me for reading. If you are going to insult my knowledge why are you arguing with me, because if the only reason you are here is to insult me, full well be obvious about it.

Also the Trump insult hurt.

Now take your ad hominem, and put it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Can you please stop with the ellipses, my eyes are starting to want to shoot me for reading. If you are going to insult my knowledge why are you arguing with me, because if the only reason you are here is to insult me, full well be obvious about it.

Also the Trump insult hurt.

Now take your ad hominem, and put it elsewhere.

But of course master.........

Don't like my style............. don't read them because I find your replies off subject and tiresome...........

Have a nice life

But of course master.........

Don't like my style............. don't read them because I find your replies off subject and tiresome...........

Have a nice life

Have a good life, and barf out more ad hominem where you want.

I have liked Dowd from way back, I dont agree with everything she says but when she says something I listen.

I didn't read her very often because she was often light on the facts, heavy on the attacks...... . but I did occasionally read her pieces.

I stopped listening when she did a hit piece on legalized marijuana claiming that she had received no information from a pot shop about the potency of a candy bar which was good for 16 standard doses of edibles (5mg THC) but ate the whole thing (Willie Nelson dose) and spent 8 hours having anxiety and paranoia in her hotel room. This was used to criticize the movement to legalize, edibles and to exaggerate the alleged "dangers" of them.

It then came out that she had been given a 4 hour tour of the manufacturing facilities and was given extensive detail on the potency, recommended dose, etc., of that particular candy bar, as well as plenty of other products. (The claim was also absurd on the face. The job of a journalist is to find things out. If it was true that she wasn't told about the potency and dosage - again, her claim was false - but if it were true, then it would still be on her as a journalist to ASK).

So I stopped reading her columns.

Can't read what is written by a person who lies to defend the massively harmful failure known as "the War on Drugs".

I didn't read her very often because she was often light on the facts, heavy on the attacks...... . but I did occasionally read her pieces.

I stopped listening when she did a hit piece on legalized marijuana claiming that she had received no information from a pot shop about the potency of a candy bar which was good for 16 standard doses of edibles (5mg THC) but ate the whole thing (Willie Nelson dose) and spent 8 hours having anxiety and paranoia in her hotel room. This was used to criticize the movement to legalize, edibles and to exaggerate the alleged "dangers" of them.

It then came out that she had been given a 4 hour tour of the manufacturing facilities and was given extensive detail on the potency, recommended dose, etc., of that particular candy bar, as well as plenty of other products. (The claim was also absurd on the face. The job of a journalist is to find things out. If it was true that she wasn't told about the potency and dosage - again, her claim was false - but if it were true, then it would still be on her as a journalist to ASK).

So I stopped reading her columns.

Can't read what is written by a person who lies to defend the massively harmful failure known as "the War on Drugs".

Ya, that was not cool, but as i remember the story she carved out a chunk of time with the prime purpose of being a drug tourist, so did not make more out of that then if a person did not enjoy a cruise so blamed it all on the ship and the cruise line when they picked the wrong boat.

Back
Top Bottom