• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about Moscow project, BuzzFeed report says

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
According to a new report from BuzzFeed, U.S. President Donald Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.
The report, published late Thursday evening, cited two federal law enforcement officials involved in investigating the matter. NBC News has not independently confirmed the report.

If true, Trump is in deep doo doo. Subornation of perjury was one of the articles of Nixon's impeachment.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/18/tru...-to-congress-about-moscow-project-report.html

If true, Trump is in deep doo doo. Subornation of perjury was one of the articles of Nixon's impeachment.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/18/tru...-to-congress-about-moscow-project-report.html

Seeing as it's Buzzfeed. I'm more inclined to think it's a lie, seeing as they've shown no restraint in doing so in the past. Though when the story runs it's course, I can pretty much bet they're going to sweep it under the rug like any other story they've done.

Don't get me wrong, I'll give them the chance. But it's not like they deserve more.

Seeing as it's Buzzfeed. I'm more inclined to think it's a lie, seeing as they've shown no restraint in doing so in the past. Though when the story runs it's course, I can pretty much bet they're going to sweep it under the rug like any other story they've done.

Don't get me wrong, I'll give them the chance. But it's not like they deserve more.

from link

Notably, BuzzFeed reported that Mueller's office learned about Trump's alleged order for Cohen to lie through "interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents." Cohen, the report said, then subsequently acknowledged that directive.

soooo......

I really doubt Trump supporters are going to give a ****. I know they want all this covered up and sabotaged in order to save face.

I dont care...Trump was the client, the lawyer was the Officer of the Court....the tail does not wag the dog and if it does it is the dogs fault.

While I do not think it is totally unlikely, I am going to withhold judgment until the actual Mueller Report comes out.

There is one reason and one reason only that we're being bombarded with these stories today and that is because the Democrats are starting to think Trump may be winning the shutdown standoff. It's been the MO of the Democrats and their media propaganda arm since day one. Every time Trump takes a step up they bombard the airwaves with speculation about horrible "crimes" that he committed or that were committed on his behalf. To date, not one of them has come to be anything close to the way it was advertised but it does serve to distract from anything good he does.

This is "Wag the Dog" in real life.

from link

Notably, BuzzFeed reported that Mueller's office learned about Trump's alleged order for Cohen to lie through "interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents." Cohen, the report said, then subsequently acknowledged that directive.

soooo......

Still looking for proof here. Which Buzzfeed has been shaky on in the past. Though I must say that all of the anonymous crap and then the name drop of Cohen. Who at this point could just be saying as such to stick it to his (former) boss, If he actually said that at least. Like I said, this isn't the first time they would be lying and most likely isn't going to be the last.

While I do not think it is totally unlikely, I am going to withhold judgment until the actual Mueller Report comes out.

Still looking for proof here. Which Buzzfeed has been shaky on in the past. Though I must say that all of the anonymous crap and then the name drop of Cohen. Who at this point could just be saying as such to stick it to his (former) boss, If he actually said that at least. Like I said, this isn't the first time they would be lying and most likely isn't going to be the last.

Let's be honest, if it is proven an undeniable fact, neither of you will care and will likely defend his criminal behavior. Just toss a "But.. But.. Hillary!" in there and continue about your day.

Last edited:
So far from the cultists we have,

Cohen is a liar and not credible...

It's all on Cohen, he could have refused the order from his employer, the "president"...

And my personal favourite, this is just another distraction because trump is winning...:lamo:lamo:lamo

I'm now waiting for "it never happened and even if it did it's not illegal"...

I dont care...Trump was the client, the lawyer was the Officer of the Court....the tail does not wag the dog and if it does it is the dogs fault.

Yes Trump was Cohen's client and the sole beneficiary of these dirty deeds. That makes him as responsible as Cohen. How many years should Trump get?

So far from the cultists we have,

Cohen is a liar and not credible...

It's all on Cohen, he could have refused the order from his employer, the "president"...

And my personal favourite, this is just another distraction because trump is winning...:lamo:lamo:lamo

I'm now waiting for "it never happened and even if it did it's not illegal"...

I also like the morphing of "No Collusion" into "some collusion but it is legal and Trump didn't collude but if he did there was nothing wrong about it. It's just like the Stormy Daniels hush payments.

There is one reason and one reason only that we're being bombarded with these stories today and that is because the Democrats are starting to think Trump may be winning the shutdown standoff. It's been the MO of the Democrats and their media propaganda arm since day one. Every time Trump takes a step up they bombard the airwaves with speculation about horrible "crimes" that he committed or that were committed on his behalf. To date, not one of them has come to be anything close to the way it was advertised but it does serve to distract from anything good he does.

This is "Wag the Dog" in real life.

Sorry, Trump is still buying the shutdown according to the polls. Dont you wish he had never claimed he would be proud to own the shutdown:lamo

Yes Trump was Cohen's client and the sole beneficiary of these dirty deeds. That makes him as responsible as Cohen. How many years should Trump get?

Haldeman and Mitchell both lied under oath on orders and coaching from Nixon. This was one of the reasons for the first Article of Impeachment. There is a precedent and Trump and his lawyers know that if this is cooberated by individual sources he is in serious legel jeapordy.

I honestly don't get trump supporters. He lies in abundance and his supporters then try to convince everyone else what he actually meant when he lied. I have eyes, I have ears, I can actually see our president when he says the things he does, I don't need an interpreter. Then we have the truth, which isn't the truth according to rudy. Even the things that our president lies about and can be proven to be false, trump supporters believe.

How many lies does it take for folks to stop supporting this serial liar?

It really is fascinating how people can now believe someone they constantly called a liar previously. If next month he says he lied about lying, would you believe him then as well?

I too will wait for Mueller's report. All these 'news' headlines mean nothing anymore.

I honestly don't get trump supporters. He lies in abundance and his supporters then try to convince everyone else what he actually meant when he lied. I have eyes, I have ears, I can actually see our president when he says the things he does, I don't need an interpreter. Then we have the truth, which isn't the truth according to rudy. Even the things that our president lies about and can be proven to be false, trump supporters believe.

How many lies does it take for folks to stop supporting this serial liar?

I don't see Trump mentioned anywhere in his post. I believe he's talking about Buzzfeed reporting, based on past practices. In addition, he does say "Don't get me wrong, I'll give them the chance." Perhaps you didn't get that far reading the post.

I don't see Trump mentioned anywhere in his post. I believe he's talking about Buzzfeed reporting, based on past practices. In addition, he does say "Don't get me wrong, I'll give them the chance." Perhaps you didn't get that far reading the post.

Read his whole post and it's obvious the person has a bias against buzzfeed but then again trump supporters have a bias against any negative truth about the president. He also didn't mention trump, he was replying to something said about trump.

Read his whole post and it's obvious the person has a bias against buzzfeed but then again trump supporters have a bias against any negative truth about the president. He also didn't mention trump, he was replying to something said about trump.

Do you know how many "AHA, weve finally got Trump this time" threads there have been that havent panned out? Dozens. You guys on the left fall for them every time, we have grown a bit suspicious. In this case, I actually agree with Sen Chris Murphy. He said : LIsten, if Mueller does have multiple sources confirming Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress, then we need to know this ASAP..."

Do you know how many "AHA, weve finally got Trump this time" threads there have been that havent panned out? Dozens. You guys on the left fall for them every time, we have grown a bit suspicious. In this case, I actually agree with Sen Chris Murphy. He said : LIsten, if Mueller does have multiple sources confirming Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress, then we need to know this ASAP..."

I do know no matter what aha moment comes up, the right just as quickly dismisses it as untrue. If trump is so innocent, how come so many people in his transition team and his administration have had contacts with russians? How come some are already in jail, some awaiting their turn in jail and dozens of other indictments. That to me does not add up to a nothingburger.

If he obstructed justice by suborning perjury, that's serious.

If this is true remember:

Watergate Articles Of Impeachment

Article 1(3)
approving, condoning, acquiescing in, and counselling witnesses with respect to the giving of false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States and false or misleading testimony in duly instituted judicial and congressional proceedings;

Back
Top Bottom