• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump did not cave, but Paul Ryan did!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump first promised he would vote for the clean bill to keep the government running, but backed off as soon as his bosses at Fox News and Rash Limberger told him to. So you can say he did not cave. You can not say the same for Paul Ryan and the House GOP. They passed a bill that they knew would never pass in the Senate to appease Trump and his followers, so they did cave. Now polls show that Trump and the GOP are going to be blamed for the government shutdown if it happens. And polls show that a majority of Americans do not want the wall, but of course that never matters to the GOP. Something like 85% of Americans want universal background checks to buy guns, but that will never pass the GOP. What have we learned from this fiasco, neither Trump or Ryan have a backbone. And I for one will be glad the House will soon be iin the hands of the Dems. I hope that they have learned a lesson from the GOP and govern rather than just investigate.

Trump first promised he would vote for the clean bill to keep the government running, but backed off as soon as his bosses at Fox News and Rash Limberger told him to. So you can say he did not cave. You can not say the same for Paul Ryan and the House GOP. They passed a bill that they knew would never pass in the Senate to appease Trump and his followers, so they did cave. Now polls show that Trump and the GOP are going to be blamed for the government shutdown if it happens. And polls show that a majority of Americans do not want the wall, but of course that never matters to the GOP. Something like 85% of Americans want universal background checks to buy guns, but that will never pass the GOP. What have we learned from this fiasco, neither Trump or Ryan have a backbone. And I for one will be glad the House will soon be iin the hands of the Dems. I hope that they have learned a lesson from the GOP and govern rather than just investigate.
I look forward to hearing the Democrats explain why this issue was too important for them to budge on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I look forward to hearing the Democrats explain why this issue was too important for them to budge on.

Why should we spend 5 billion dollars on a wall that even the Gop admits won't do the job. We can use that for many important things like helping our Vets. Trump has taken responsibility for the shutdown, but I certain he will walk that back as he is the world's greatest liar!!!!!!!

Why should we spend 5 billion dollars on a wall that even the Gop admits won't do the job. We can use that for many important things like helping our Vets. Trump has taken responsibility for the shutdown, but I certain he will walk that back as he is the world's greatest liar!!!!!!!
Obviously time will tell but if Trump takes a hard stand on the wall funding and he takes responsibility for taking it so far as shutting the gov down for it and Democrats don't budge. I think it's a political problem for the left. It makes them look unwilling to compromise with the other side.

Back
Top Bottom