• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump demands 'down payment' on wall as shutdown impasse continues

shrug...

You seem to think that detail will stop Trump. I'm telling you it won't.

In a country governed by "The Rule of Law" it would.

If you don't think it will, then you must also think that the United States of America is no longer a country that is governed by "The Rule of Law".

Trump suggested a number of things. I'll give you just one of them:

Tax remittances that come from illegal aliens.

Lmao. So let’s say in some fantasy world this is a good idea and could feasibly pay for the wall (even though it isn’t/couldn’t)

Why wasn’t it passed the 2 years republicans owned congress?

From France 24

Trump demands 'down payment' on wall as shutdown impasse continues

U.S. senators made a new try at ending a partial month-long government shutdown through a temporary funding bill on Thursday, but President Donald Trump demanded a "down payment" for a border wall that Democrats reject.

After the Republican-led Senate failed to advance two measures to reopen shuttered agencies, Democratic and Republican lawmakers spoke on the Senate floor and urged quick passage of a three-week, stopgap funding bill to create time for talks on border security.

White House
spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said such a measure would only work "if there is a large down payment on the wall."

But a spokesman for Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer said Senate Democrats had made clear to Republicans that "they will not support funding for the wall."

Trump
, who sparked the shutdown, now in its 34th day, with his demand for $5.7 billion in funding for the U.S.-Mexico border wall, told reporters after the votes in the Senate: “We have no choice but to have a wall or a barrier, and if we don’t have that, it’s just not going to work,” referring to border security.

COMMENT:-

It seems that the negotiations are running along the lines of:

Step 1 - "Give me $25,000,000,000+." - "No."
Step 2 - "Give me $15,000,000,000+." - "No."
Step 3 - "Give me $5,000,000,000+." - "No."
Step 4 - "Give me $2,500,000,000+." - "No."
Step 5 - "Give me a 'down payment'." - "No."
Step 6 - "Make a deposit." - "No."
Step 7 - "Put us a couple of bucks for 'earnest money'." - "No."
Step 8 - "I never promised to build a wall." - "No?"
Step 9 - "Wall? What wall?" - "That's what we said 'What wall?'."

or something like that.

He already got 1.6 BILLION last year that hasn't been touched yet. I hope Nancy gives him this as a down payment

tenor-1.gif

In a country governed by "The Rule of Law" it would.

If you don't think it will, then you must also think that the United States of America is no longer a country that is governed by "The Rule of Law".

Nonsense.

People, businesses and yes...even the government...comply with details in all laws. Those details don't stop anyone.

Give it up. Trump will comply with the law and he will build his wall.

Lmao. So let’s say in some fantasy world this is a good idea and could feasibly pay for the wall (even though it isn’t/couldn’t)

LOL!!

Just because YOU say it's not a good idea doesn't mean it isn't a good idea.

Why wasn’t it passed the 2 years republicans owned congress?

Because some Republicans don't want to make Mexico pay for it, just like the Dems don't.

Seriously...you act like you are totally unaware of political dynamics in our government. Stop spouting nonsense at me and get yourself up to speed, eh?

Back
Top Bottom