• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Deletes Tweet Suggesting He Has No Idea Where He’s Going Today

Nah, bets with open-ended time frames are pointless.

I say that in a month from now (February 14) one of two things will have happened:

1) The public will blame Trump/Republicans for the shutdown to an equal or greater degree than what we see now: 53% blame for Trump/Republicans, 29% blame for Democrats. https://www.washingtonpost.com/page...tics/Polling/release_538.xml?tid=a_inl_manual

or

2)The shutdown will end without Democrats giving any money for a wall.

If I am wrong, I will make "Fletch was right and I was wrong" in my signature with a link to the bet in this thread. If I am right, you will make your signature "Cardinal was right and I was wrong" with a link to the bet in this thread.

You game?

Hell yes!!

Hell yes!!

Hell yes with one minor edit (sorry): that we input a MoE of 3 points. Polls wiggle. It's just what they do. Oh and the signature would last for one month.

Last edited:
I would like to help those struggling under 24/7 obsessions with anti-Trump dingbat hysteria. Get over it you people. Live a life worthy of honor and benefit to others in God bless America.

I would like to help those struggling under 24/7 obsessions with Trump dingbat hysteria

Fixed it.

And the one month time limit for the signature...

Are you going to make it a month carrying that around in your signature? If you start getting woozie and feel the urge to jump off a bridge, I promise to cut you some slack. Youre no good to me dead lol

Are you going to make it a month carrying that around in your signature? If you start getting woozie and feel the urge to jump off a bridge, I promise to cut you some slack. Youre no good to me dead lol

Yes, a month seems fair. I'll take your response to mean that you accept all the terms of the bet.

Bookmarked.

Yes, a month seems fair. I'll take your response to mean that you accept all the terms of the bet.

Bookmarked.

How do you bookmark a thread? Plus in the unlikely event that you win, I may need help adding the signature and a link to this thread. I might be able to figure it out on my own, but just in case...

How do you bookmark a thread? Plus in the unlikely event that you win, I may need help adding the signature and a link to this thread. I might be able to figure it out on my own, but just in case...

How do you bookmark the thread? Every thread page has its own address, so selecting "bookmark this page" will immortalize it, regardless of where it may (or may not) be in one month from now. The only exception is if a mod chose to delete the thread altogether for some reason. But that's rather unlikely to happen.

If you go to control panel you'll find "edit signature" in the left menu under "my profile."

I’ll give him a pass as he really has a lot on his mind. Meuller, Russia, his wall. The only thing he does not worry about was shutting down part of the government of course because it does not affect him.

It doesnt seem to effect democrats either since they are putting forth no effort to getting it back open. Dems love this shutdown and dont care how long it lasts. The longer the better, in fact. Why? Because they feel they are deriving a political benefit. You guys care only about beating Trump, and you couldnt care less about the government workers.

Could have been raining.

You could have stopped at "He has no idea"!

Raining? Could have been a sunny, temperate day and he could have gone down like a sack of potatoes and gotten thrown into the back of a van!

It doesnt seem to effect democrats either since they are putting forth no effort to getting it back open. Dems love this shutdown and dont care how long it lasts. The longer the better, in fact. Why? Because they feel they are deriving a political benefit. You guys care only about beating Trump, and you couldnt care less about the government workers.

Or dead cops. Do you know what California's elected officials were doing when Ronil Singh was being buried? Newsom went to an NBA game and Kamala Harris was hanging out with Common.
Neither uttered his name.

Of course you can back all of this up with links, right? All of it, including what Dems love, what they care and don't care about, etc.

Trump loves this shutdown because he wanted it, he doesn't care about the government workers, doesn't care how long it lasts, has made no effort to compromise because he loves the fact his employees aren't getting paid, and he enjoys putting on a show for you and his other fans. You only care about beating Pelosi. You don't care at all about the government workers.

See how easy it is to make things up?

Trump owns the shutdown, and everyone who isn't stupid knows it. He asked for it, and he got it. And it's working against him.

Trumpkins: "Well, Nashville and New Orleans both start with an 'N,' so it's close enough."

Waiting for the day he is supposed to travel to Minneapolis and instead tweets Moscow :lamo

Raining? Could have been a sunny, temperate day and he could have gone down like a sack of potatoes and gotten thrown into the back of a van!

could be worse. :2razz:

Whoops! Trump: "I will take the mantel" :2rofll:

Nah, bets with open-ended time frames are pointless.

I say that in a month from now (February 14) one of two things will have happened:

1) The public will blame Trump/Republicans for the shutdown to an equal or greater degree than what we see now: 53% blame for Trump/Republicans, 29% blame for Democrats. https://www.washingtonpost.com/page...tics/Polling/release_538.xml?tid=a_inl_manual

or

2)The shutdown will end without Democrats giving any money for a wall.

If I am wrong, I will make "Fletch was right and I was wrong" in my signature with a link to the bet in this thread. If I am right, you will make your signature "Cardinal was right and I was wrong" with a link to the bet in this thread.

You game?

Alright Cardinal, you win. :applaud And I am prepared to take my lumps for the next 30 days :spank:

Back
Top Bottom