• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Deletes Tweet Suggesting He Has No Idea Where He’s Going Today

The implication that Trump's got dementia, doesn't know where he's going. His travel schedule has been robust and I simply point out that Hillary would a) never have been able to keep up the same pace, or the pace any given President needs to keep and b) Hillary needed Huma to keep her meetings and schedule straight and it was so concerning that Huma had to leave instruction on how to get Hillary to keep her on track.
Ouch!

You do realize that major four star generals have quit because they couldn't handle donald the crybaby right?

The leftist liberal crazies are still focused on finding fault with every little thing Trump says or does. Someone needs to try to convince them to get a life. Trump won. Hillary lost. It is time to get over it and move forward.

We all agree. Hillary lost. It is time for you to move on. Can we expect you to do that anytime soon?

The direction of public sentiment has been consistent from the start. Since the beginning of the shutdown, more Americans didn't want a wall and blamed Republicans for the shutdown, and since then that has only built in momentum. There are extremely obvious reasons for this that trump supporters are loathe to face.

If sentiment is going to reverse direction, an entirely new event will have to take place.

And that event will be when people working without a paycheck today stop doing so and it starts to have an impact on normal Americans. When that happens there will be a rising chorus to end the shutdown. All Trump has to do is say he is willing to compromise and perhaps meet democrats half way in order to get people back to work and the dems will be left refusing to compromise in any way. Thats when the opinion will shift in a dramatic way. Normal Americans dont want Death Match Politics. We may enjoy that sort of thing but most people dont. The uncompromising position will be the wrong position.

And that event will be when people working without a paycheck today stop doing so and it starts to have an impact on normal Americans. When that happens there will be a rising chorus to end the shutdown. All Trump has to do is say he is willing to compromise and perhaps meet democrats half way in order to get people back to work and the dems will be left refusing to compromise in any way. Thats when the opinion will shift in a dramatic way. Normal Americans dont want Death Match Politics. We may enjoy that sort of thing but most people dont. The uncompromising position will be the wrong position.

There already is a chorus to end the shutdown, so that's not a "new event." And that chorus will only increase in volume as the impact of the shutdown continues to radiate outward. However, you haven't offered a theory for what new event will change the baked-in conclusion that Trump and Republicans are ultimately responsible for the shutdown. And the reason you haven't offered that theory is because you're refusing to face the obvious reasons for why people blame Republicans in the first place.

So Trump is going to announce sometime soon that he's willing to compromise? Good. What is he willing to give to the Democrats in return for his $5 billion wall funding so we can all move forward?

There already is a chorus to end the shutdown, so that's not a "new event." And that chorus will only increase in volume as the impact of the shutdown continues to radiate outward. However, you haven't offered a theory for what new event will change the baked-in conclusion that Trump and Republicans are ultimately responsible for the shutdown. And the reason you haven't offered that theory is because you're refusing to face the obvious reasons for why people blame Republicans in the first place.
People will demand a resolution and the pressure will be for both sides to compromise. One side will and one side wont. The side that wont will be the side that takes the hit.

People will demand a resolution and the pressure will be for both sides to compromise. One side will and one side wont. The side that wont will be the side that takes the hit.

I'm not 100% certain I understand your meaning. Are you suggesting that if (for example) Democrats get what they want without having to compromise, they'll take a hit in the polls?

It's often difficult to keep up with so many appearances in all 57 states. Luckily for the POTUS, he has a staff, dedicated transportation and a security detail to deliver him to the appointments made for him. ;)

Morons continuing to whip up this stupid thing. trump says stupid things on a daily basis, and repeats it. and the sad sacks do nothing but pull up the rare time Obama miss spoke.No shame what so ever in right wingers, they are the lowest of the low

I'm not 100% certain I understand your meaning. Are you suggesting that if (for example) Democrats get what they want without having to compromise, they'll take a hit in the polls?

No, Im suggesting that the public wont put up with this standoff forever. Public pressure may increase on republicans or it may increase on democrats to compromise. Im thinking the latter will happen because I dont think the general public is as invested in this issue as the party bases are and will simply want the two sides to come together and end it. If thats the case, democrates refusing to compromise will harm them in the polls.

No, Im suggesting that the public wont put up with this standoff forever. Public pressure may increase on republicans or it may increase on democrats to compromise. Im thinking the latter will happen because I dont think the general public is as invested in this issue as the party bases are and will simply want the two sides to come together and end it. If thats the case, democrates refusing to compromise will harm them in the polls.

You haven't provided a theoretical mechanism for what will magically transfer blame from Republicans to Democrats. You're just saying it will...because.

I can already see that this is going nowhere because you haven't thought any of this through and have no intention of doing so, so how do you feel about a friendly wager?

Let's say, a week from now, polls will show stable or increased blame for Republicans, or that the shutdown will end without a compromise from Democrats. You game?

You do realize that major four star generals have quit because they couldn't handle donald the crybaby right?

Do tell us what they personally shared with you. My, you must be very well connected!

The 2016 election of Donald Trump that stunned even his Fans produced the new mass phenomenon in politics of the Sore Winner. They're sore as hell we haven't flocked to Trump and embraced him so they're not going to take it anymore. 'It' being rejection of Trump and disrespect of...them too.

Trump Soreheads also have severe Butt Hurt due to Mueller so they're getting it at both ends which leaves 'em totally grumpy and ornery. And after 25 years in attack mode against Hillary they don't know how to turn it off. They're really in a panty twist over there. They expect us to buy their bill of goods that Trump's a good guy so they're sure we can see our way through letting things go. After all he is just such a good guy y'know trying something new and different. Surely we can cut him some slack.

:screwy

Last edited:
The 2016 election of Donald Trump that stunned even his Fans produced the new mass phenomenon in politics of the Sore Winner. They're sore as hell we haven't flocked to Trump and embraced him so they're not going to take it anymore. 'It' being rejection of Trump and disrespect of...them too.

The Trump Soreheads also have severe Butt Hurt due to Mueller so they're getting it at both ends which leaves 'em totally grumpy and ornery. And after 25 years in attack mode against Hillary they don't know how to turn it off. They're really in a panty twist over there. They expect us to buy their bill of goods that Trump's a good guy so they're sure we can see our way through letting things go. After all he is just such a good guy y'know trying something new and different. Surely we can cut him some slack.

:screwy

Well put. This might have to be a new thread so that it gets the attention it deserves. They can't come to terms with the fact that people may not like Trump.

You haven't provided a theoretical mechanism for what will magically transfer blame from Republicans to Democrats. You're just saying it will...because.
I did. The mechanism will be the shutdown actually impacting the lives of ordinary Americans. That isnt happening yet. When it does, they will want it to end. And if the spectacle is one side willing to compromise and the other not, the uncompromising side will take the hit. It is the position of the two sides that will 'magically transfer the blame.'

I can already see that this is going nowhere because you haven't thought any of this through and have no intention of doing so, so how do you feel about a friendly wager?

Let's say, a week from now, polls will show stable or increased blame for Republicans, or that the shutdown will end without a compromise from Democrats. You game?

I have thought it through and sure I will take a bet. But I dont think you will see a change in the polls until there is some sort of work stoppage by the unpaid federal workers. If they keep going to work unpaid for weeks to come, nothing will change. Right now there isnt much political pressure on either side to do anything. The change will be when this starts impacting normal Americans. Will that be next week? I dont know. I dont think it will be that long. At some point these guys will need to be paid or they will stop showing up. Thats when the **** will hit the fan and the pressure to end this will be intense. My bet is that democrats will be unable to maintain their no compromise position in the face of this pressure and will compromise with the president. That is how I see this ending.

I did. The mechanism will be the shutdown actually impacting the lives of ordinary Americans. That isnt happening yet. When it does, they will want it to end. And if the spectacle is one side willing to compromise and the other not, the uncompromising side will take the hit. It is the position of the two sides that will 'magically transfer the blame.'

I have thought it through and sure I will take a bet. But I dont think you will see a change in the polls until there is some sort of work stoppage by the unpaid federal workers. If they keep going to work unpaid for weeks to come, nothing will change. Right now there isnt much political pressure on either side to do anything. The change will be when this starts impacting normal Americans. Will that be next week? I dont know. I dont think it will be that long. At some point these guys will need to be paid or they will stop showing up. Thats when the **** will hit the fan and the pressure to end this will be intense. My bet is that democrats will be unable to maintain their no compromise position in the face of this pressure and will compromise with the president. That is how I see this ending.

Well, we'll both be alive (presumably) in a short time from now. Which time frame would you like to go with? Would you like to say a month, then?

Well, we'll both be alive (presumably) in a short time from now. Which time frame would you like to go with? Would you like to say a month, then?

Ok. Or we could just bet on the ultimate outcome which I cant imagine could be more than a couple weeks out. I say ultimately this ends in an agreement where Trump gets $3 billion for the wall and its negotiated out by some 'Gang of 8' style compromise in the senate. NO idea what the dems get in return but it will be something.

Ok. Or we could just bet on the ultimate outcome which I cant imagine could be more than a couple weeks out. I say ultimately this ends in an agreement where Trump gets $3 billion for the wall and its negotiated out by some 'Gang of 8' style compromise in the senate. NO idea what the dems get in return but it will be something.

Nah, bets with open-ended time frames are pointless.

I say that in a month from now (February 14) one of two things will have happened:

1) The public will blame Trump/Republicans for the shutdown to an equal or greater degree than what we see now: 53% blame for Trump/Republicans, 29% blame for Democrats. https://www.washingtonpost.com/page...tics/Polling/release_538.xml?tid=a_inl_manual

or

2)The shutdown will end without Democrats giving any money for a wall.

If I am wrong, I will make "Fletch was right and I was wrong" in my signature with a link to the bet in this thread. If I am right, you will make your signature "Cardinal was right and I was wrong" with a link to the bet in this thread.

You game?

Not even the democrats want Hillary Clinton to run again. Please stop your obsession.

I would like to help those struggling under 24/7 obsessions with anti-Trump dingbat hysteria. Get over it you people. Live a life worthy of honor and benefit to others in God bless America.

It's often difficult to keep up with so many appearances in all 57 states. Luckily for the POTUS, he has a staff, dedicated transportation and a security detail to deliver him to the appointments made for him. ;)

But...but...Obama

Back
Top Bottom