• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump declares 'dawn of a new Middle East' as he presides over signing of historic deals

No, I was using them in response to the Brit lecturing us on how terrible the US response to COVID has been when our results have been slightly better than the UK. And deaths per million in population already takes into account the differences in size.
Because the UK and US are more comparable than either to a Scandanavian country.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

TRUMP DECLARES, who cares? He declares lots of stuff like drinking disinfectant, it does wonders in the lungs in one minute.

I declare our president is a moron or as tillerson put it, a ****ing moron.

You keep promoting the anti Trump rhetoric but being anti Trump isn't enough these days you have to have issues that the American voters support, what would those be that Biden/Harris offer and who pays for it

You keep promoting the anti Trump rhetoric but being anti Trump isn't enough these days you have to have issues that the American voters support, what would those be that Biden/Harris offer and who pays for it

Who pays for everything? The taxpayers, who do you think pays? Biden/harris offer me not trump and pence for four more years. I'm retired, whoever wins really won't have much effect on me.

Who pays for everything? The taxpayers, who do you think pays? Biden/harris offer me not trump and pence for four more years. I'm retired, whoever wins really won't have much effect on me.

So you claim, you don't seem to understand what funds the liberal spending appetite. You are still a taxpayer and higher costs drive up prices and you pay those higher prices

So you claim, you don't seem to understand what funds the liberal spending appetite. You are still a taxpayer and higher costs drive up prices and you pay those higher prices
In eight years of the Obama Administration, taxes were not raised and the deficit went down.

Those are facts, not subject to liberal/conservative ideology and opinions.

How? I don't pay any taxes other than my state and local taxes if I want to keep my house. I have no income to claim so no taxes to pay.

Because the UK and US are more comparable than either to a Scandanavian country.

UK did worse than the US with slightly higher deaths per million. Not sue of what point you are trying to make.

I do agree that an important pillar in dealing with COVID is handling infected cases, it is absolutely essential to contain and limit the spread. But I find it quite concerning that your views align with what I call a 'reactionary' approach, rather than a 'proactive' one. Interestingly this also aligns with what Trump has run with since the start of the outbreak.

This is an important point and a medically endorsed view held by nearly every medical professional in the world.
The primary issue and focus is infections because if there are no (or fewer) infections there are fewer resources and risks that have to be applied to the infected people. The US has failed to adopt such a view, failed to contain the virus, and is now chasing its tail trying to manage the 2.5 million-odd infections. It's a self-induced logistical nightmare because a reactive strategy has been adopted.

You can seek to politicize the virus into the views of left and right but the view I have presented above is a-political and medically supported and endorsed. You simply cannot deny it.

You ignore the fact the Government has a responsibility to respond to a pandemic and that stopping/slowing a pandemic is something an individual human cannot do alone. The Government was voted by the people and for the people to respond to a whole host of issues, including a health crisis.

If an individual gets COVID yes that is largely their fault. But community transmission is high and in turn, the risks are heightened because of the overarching failure of the response to COVID. Was it not the Governments responsibility to limit the spread of the virus and limit a person's chance of catching COVID?

Countries like NZ, Australia, Taiwan and South Korea are examples of an effective Government response where individual responsibility is effectively combined with Governmental responsibility. The Governments actually enforced and embarked on stringent health measures, based on medical advice, and in turn was largely supported by the population.

Trump has the opportunity to be a leader, unify the people, unify the states.......he has failed. Whilst he directly doesn't have those powers, a collective platform for negotiation and discussion could have been set up to ensure he was part of the decision making process and influence in what states did. Instead, he has played partisan politics with the issue and sought to divide not unify.

Australia is an example of how a leader, Scott Morrison, actually leads a nation and unifies the response. He created National Cabinet in March where all the states and territories come together to ensure the most cohesive response to COVID on a whole host of major topics are addressed. Why could Trump not do this and put his ego and politics above a health pandemic?
[/QUOTE]
Your last paragraph echoes what I've been trying to drum into Trump supporters' heads for months. Other nations succeeded in containing the spread precisely because, instead of political bickering, governments and opposition parties quickly recognised the severity of this disease and for the most part put party politics aside, working together.
In all my 67 years I have never known a country so absolutely divided, politically. And deliberately so all because an election victory for Trump and his absurd ego is evidently more important than a nation's health.

UK did worse than the US with slightly higher deaths per million. Not sue of what point you are trying to make.
And they are doing better now because of mandates in place and they still are not like us.

Back
Top Bottom