• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump declares 'dawn of a new Middle East' as he presides over signing of historic deals

Let's be clear on a couple of things.

1) You don't get to dictate exactly what gets said of this forum. Why are you trying to stifle my right to freedom of speech?
2) I responded to the questions you posed....just because you don't like or don't agree with the answer doesn't mean I cannot put forth my views

You asked:
Whether an individual is a leader and what their vision is for leadership........this has direct links with one's policies, objectives and agendas.
I explained how I believe Harris shows leadership and her traits as a leader and compared the US to a country that has successful leadership and unity.

ITS HOLDING THE PRESIDENT ACCOUNTABLE.....The current state of the country provides very little to celebrate from an economic, health and political perspective.

What kind of records did it set? Interestingly that's what Trump wants Americans to think and you have believed his lies.

The actual results.....200,000 Americans dead as a result of COVID

Blaming the President for Covid 19 deaths ignores individual responsibility and who actually controls the cities and states where most of those deaths occurred. No President controls the actions in any state or city. You then called for the economic shutdown to stop the spread of the virus not to stop the spread but to have poor economic numbers to blame on Trump. Trump didn't send infected seniors back to their nursing homes and didn't cause the almost 50% of Covid 19 deaths in the top 6 liberal states in this country

The actual results.....A failed trade war with China that has hit the US farming sector extremely hard. He wanted a trade surplus with China but how do you achieve this when...'American agricultural exports to China fell from $15.8 billion in 2017 to $5.9 billion in 2018, according to the U.S. International Trade Administration, and exports have remained depressed in 2019.'

All economic news pre pandemic shows that your claim of economic failures due to the tariffs were false. Can you explain why the farmers are still supporting Trump? Could it be they see the alternative much worse?

The actual results.....a divided America with no unity and no leadership

For four years starting the day after the election Democrats have been trying to get rid of Trump, you call that leadership by the Democratic Party? What examples have Biden/Harris shown on this issue. Divided America? Look in the mirror, gloom, doom, politics of personal destruction. You tell me who runs the cities of Seattle, LA, Portland, SF, Chicago, Louisville, Minneapolis, Kenosha, NYC and then explain why the police in those cities, hired, funded and trained are biting the hand that feeds them by endorsing Trump?

The actual results.....of the last 11 presidents Trump had the 4th worst economy, in terms of GDP growth.

Wow talk about someone who buys rhetoric, places blame and ignores actual results. You want to focus on percentage change ignoring that Trump generated 900 billion dollars per year GDP dollar growth vs. Obama's 500 billion dollars per year. Focus on percentage change ignores the numerator and denominator and 2% growth on 21 trillion dollars is a lot more than 2% on 18 trillion dollars

The actual results....he has never had the best stock market.

That's because you take the stock market the day he took office and the results the Democratic Congress gave him vs, the 14.2k stock market that was generated by that Congress before the recession started. Trump's 10,000k gain is ignored just like you ignore those who bought stock at the 14k level

As expected the blame game continues and certainly not for individual responsibility but again you show exactly what liberalism is all about. You completely ignored the pre pandemic economic results and then blame the President for not violating the 10th Amendment.

Your post distorts reality and diverts from not on the thread topic but the reality of the failure of liberalism.

And yet it was signed at the WH!! Gee, wonder why since those other countries did all the work? Your hatred of Trump is unhealthy
So what where it was signed? If I bring my neighbors to my house and they shake hands, hug there after a years long dispute that they worked out for themselves days or weeks before through their own efforts, own talks without me present, I dont deserve any credit for providing the venue at which they showed the rest of the neighborhood they were now getting along. They put in all the effort in actually coming to agreement.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

So what where it was signed? If I bring my neighbors to my house and they shake hands, hug there after a years long dispute that they worked out for themselves days or weeks before through their own efforts, own talks without me present, I dont deserve any credit for providing the venue at which they showed the rest of the neighborhood they were now getting along. They put in all the effort in actually coming to agreement.

What did Obama sign with the Arab Spring that warranted a Nobel Peace Prize Nomination?

Just ten years ago no one would ever thought Arab nations would be recognizing and opening diplomatic relations with Israel.
Ten years ago was when these nations started discussing and working towards these diplomatic relations. So yes, a decade ago it was seen as likely to happen.

Plus, two other MidEast nations had already established such relations, both under Dem Presidents who contributed more to the actual effort than a pen, table, and cameras.

And still, the US has fewer deaths per million than the UK from COVID. Sweden did nothing for even longer than the US and UK and did better than both our nations. I suspect the deadliness of COVID has little relation to government action and is instead dictated by differing general living conditions that effect the rate of infection and the nations ability to medically treat those afflicted that effect the number of resulting deaths from those cases. AND little to nothing to do with rhetoric from a nations President or Prime Minister.
Sweden did worse than comparable nations though and had plenty voluntarily taking measures.

Ten years ago was when these nations started discussing and working towards these diplomatic relations. So yes, a decade ago it was seen as likely to happen.

Plus, two other MidEast nations had already established such relations, both under Dem Presidents who contributed more to the actual effort than a pen, table, and cameras.

Right, the Arab Spring was an incredible resounding success, wasn't it? You simply cannot give Trump credit for anything, this event should be celebrated!

What did Obama sign with the Arab Spring that warranted a Nobel Peace Prize Nomination?
Where exactly did his nomination or prize say it was for that?

Right, the Arab Spring was an incredible resounding success, wasn't it? You simply cannot give Trump credit for anything, this event should be celebrated!
I'm not giving him credit for things he didnt actually do anything significant to accomplish.

What exactly does the Arab Spring have to do with diplomatic relations between Israel and Jordan, Israel and Egypt, Israel and these two countries?

Why must you bring up random events that have nothing to do with the post you respond to?

Where exactly did his nomination or prize say it was for that?

Why then was he nominated?
What exactly does the Arab Spring have to do with diplomatic relations between Israel and Jordan, Israel and Egypt, Israel and these two countries?

Why must you bring up random events that have nothing to do with the post you respond to?

your love and loyalty to the liberal ideology is on full display, Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for

The 2009 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to United States President Barack Obama for his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people".

Can you cite for us any treaty signed during the Obama term between any Arab Country and Israel

The nations involved in this current agreement were not laying any ground work for this ten years ago. Jordan was, but this is a recent development.

You also broker a peacedeal between Israel and Palau? Has same relevance

Bahrain and UAE are a part of the Arab League which has been opposed to Israels existence and did not recognize its existence. I know nothing of Palau but they probably recognize and accept Israels existence.

Sweden did worse than comparable nations though and had plenty voluntarily taking measures.

They did better than the UK and US which is what we are talking about.

The nations involved in this current agreement were not laying any ground work for this ten years ago. Jordan was, but this is a recent development.
Jordan has had diplomatic relations with Israel since 1994.

And Israel started these talks even longer ago, 20 years ago, according to some reports. They have worked towards this, not us.

Recognizing Iran as all those countries' biggest threat was what led to these agreements.

They did better than the UK and US which is what we are talking about.
But they are not comparable in size or population density or attitude to the UK or the US. You are only making such a comparison, in bad faith, based on your desired results.

Why then was he nominated?

your love and loyalty to the liberal ideology is on full display, Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for

Can you cite for us any treaty signed during the Obama term between any Arab Country and Israel
You do realize that the US and those specific MudEast countries are not the only countries that exist, right?

And since I'm not on the Nobel Peace Prize selection committee, I dont know why they felt he deserved it. Unless I saw the other applicants for that year, it would be pointless to speculate. I dont think Obama deserved it. But he wasnt nominated for it for his actions but from an inspirational platform, which has precedence for that prize. Trump has been nominated for something he doesnt deserve credit for, as he did not put in any significant effort to make happen, the countries making the diplomatic agreements did.

You do realize that the US and those specific MudEast countries are not the only countries that exist, right?

And since I'm not on the Nobel Peace Prize selection committee, I dont know why they felt he deserved it. Unless I saw the other applicants for that year, it would be pointless to speculate. I dont think Obama deserved it. But he wasnt nominated for it for his actions but from an inspirational platform, which has precedence for that prize. Trump has been nominated for something he doesnt deserve credit for, as he did not put in any significant effort to make happen, the countries making the diplomatic agreements did.

Yes, do you know that a treaty was never signed during the Obama Administration between any Arab country and Israel? Why doesn't that resonate with you. He was nominated in mid 2009 can you explain why? Your hatred for Trump says it all about you and the left, you are incapable of celebrating any successes period

Bahrain and UAE are a part of the Arab League which has been opposed to Israels existence and did not recognize its existence. I know nothing of Palau but they probably recognize and accept Israels existence.

It changes nothing on the status quo. As long Israel has no treaty with Palestine and Iran.

It changes nothing on the status quo. As long Israel has no treaty with Palestine and Iran.

Show us the country of Palestine? can't give Trump any credit at all, can you. A journey of a thousand miles begins with taking a first step and this is a great first step

Show us the country of Palestine? can't give Trump any credit at all, can you. A journey of a thousand miles begins with taking a first step and this is a great first step

Bahrain and UAE are small nobody countries which are not even in this conflict.

As long Iran and Palestine have no peace with Israel, there wont be peace its that easy. Or even Lebanon or Syria.

This is no step, its nothing.

Here is the state Palestine:

Accepted from 138 nations.

Thats more than Israel.

That issue wont be solved until Palestine and Israel are at peace with each other and until Iran speaks with israel.

Bahrain and UAE are small nobody countries which are not even in this conflict.

As long Iran and Palestine have no peace with Israel, there wont be peace its that easy. Or even Lebanon or Syria.

This is no step, its nothing.

Here is the state Palestine:

Accepted from 138 nations.

Thats more than Israel.

That issue wont be solved until Palestine and Israel are at peace with each other and until Iran speaks with israel.

Right, the Obama doctrine, negotiate with Palestinians and ignore Arab COUNTRIES, this is the first of many to come dominoes to fall. You call it nothing but ignore the reality that it is a great first step

Couldn't care less what 138 nations claim, still waiting for you to show us the nation of Palestine

Right, the Obama doctrine, negotiate with Palestinians and ignore Arab COUNTRIES, this is the first of many to come dominoes to fall. You call it nothing but ignore the reality that it is a great first step

Couldn't care less what 138 nations claim, still waiting for you to show us the nation of Palestine

I showed you the nation of palestine. Its also the center of teh conflict.

So where do you see a peace between Israel and Palestine? Last time i checked Palestinian leaders dont even talk with USA anymore and the situation is worse than ever before.

And solution for this?

Any peacetalks with Iran? Dang...Iran even denied a meeting with Trump.

So what you have now? Two mini countries who were not even part of the conflict. thats cute.

TRUMP DECLARES, who cares? He declares lots of stuff like drinking disinfectant, it does wonders in the lungs in one minute.

I declare our president is a moron or as tillerson put it, a ****ing moron.

But they are not comparable in size or population density or attitude to the UK or the US. You are only making such a comparison, in bad faith, based on your desired results.

No, I was using them in response to the Brit lecturing us on how terrible the US response to COVID has been when our results have been slightly better than the UK. And deaths per million in population already takes into account the differences in size.

Back
Top Bottom