• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump cuts short "60 Minutes" interview and tweets at Lesley Stahl

Atomic Kid

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-abruptly-ends-60-minutes-interview-lesley-stahl/

President Trump cut short an interview with CBS News' "60 Minutes" on Tuesday with correspondent Lesley Stahl. The interview, which was taped at the White House, is slated to run on Sunday.

Later Tuesday, Mr. Trump called the interview "biased" and threatened to release the interview before it aired.

"I am pleased to inform you that, for the sake of accuracy in reporting, I am considering posting my interview with Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes, PRIOR TO AIRTIME! This will be done so that everybody can get a glimpse of what a FAKE and BIASED interview is all about..Everyone should compare this terrible Electoral Intrusion with the recent interviews of Sleepy Joe Biden!" the president tweeted.

"

60 Minutes" said the White House agreed only to record the interview for its archives and said it has a history of interviewing presidential candidates and asking important questions in the run-up to elections.

Mr. Trump, in another tweet, noted Stahl was not wearing a mask at the White House.

"Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes not wearing a mask in the White House after her interview with me. Much more to come," the president tweeted, with a video clip of Stahl not wearing a mask.

CBS News said Stahl wore a mask as she entered the White House and greeted the president. She removed her mask when socially distanced just before the interview began. The clip Mr. Trump tweeted occurred after the interview and shows Stahl speaking with her producers, all of whom had tested negative for COVID-19 on Tuesday, according to CBS News.

Trump campaign adviser Jason Miller disputed reporting that the interview had ended abruptly.

"Very fake news! No drama, interview was not ended abruptly, and we have the receipts from the interview - all of them! Maybe we need to put the whole thing out so people can see for themselves?" Miller tweeted.

It's not the first time Stahl has interviewed the president. Mr. Trump also sat down with Stahl for his first television interview as president-elect in 2016 and again in 2018.

Former Vice President Joe Biden and Senator Kamala Harris were interviewed by Norah O'Donnell for "60 Minutes," and they, too, will appear on the program airing Sunday.

POUTUS is at it again. Getting all huffed up whenever somebody askes him real questions instead of the softballs Fox typically tosses him. This would appear to promise to provide that same sort of sharp contrast between Trump and Biden that horrified so many in Americans in their first -ahem-debate. If that's what you want to call it. Sounds like must see TV for Sunday night.

It mystifies me why any Republican would go on a show like 60 Minutes or take part in debates moderated by extreme left wing media types.

It mystifies me why any Republican would go on a show like 60 Minutes or take part in debates moderated by extreme left wing media types.
Especially when they seem to have such a problem with giving direct answers to direct questions.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-abruptly-ends-60-minutes-interview-lesley-stahl/

POUTUS is at it again. Getting all huffed up whenever somebody askes him real questions instead of the softballs Fox typically tosses him. This would appear to promise to provide that same sort of sharp contrast between Trump and Biden that horrified so many in Americans in their first -ahem-debate. If that's what you want to call it. Sounds like must see TV for Sunday night.
Anatomy of a loser!

Especially when they seem to have such a problem with giving direct answers to direct questions.
So journalism is divided between Hannity and “extreme left wing media types”? Sorry state we are in.

So journalism is divided between Hannity and “extreme left wing media types”? Sorry state we are in.
Maybe that's what you think. I don't. I don't buy into such silly oversimplifications that boils everything down to terms of being either black or white with nothing in between.

It takes Joe Biden an hour and a half to watch 60 Minutes.
LOL! Okay that was pretty good. But you know at my age it might take me an hour and half as well. Depending on how many times I have to wind it back due to bathroom breaks. On the other hand though we have a 74 year old spoiled brat who has a tough time with being able to behave himself for any period of time in excess of 10 minutes

Maybe that's what you think. I don't. I don't buy into such silly oversimplifications that boils everything down to terms of being either black or white with nothing in between.
Not what I think, I was commenting sarcastically on another’s message.

Not what I think, I was commenting sarcastically on another’s message.
Okay then fine. Sorry I didn’t catch the sarcasm. I really kind of loathe these ‘radical’ labels where everything and everyone has to be at one end of the spectrum or the other if their position is different from your own. In the end we’re all Americans.

He's not smart enough to make the conservative point?

Is Chris Wallace on MSNBC now? I seem to recall him giving Trump the third degree.

Of course I don't really have a problem with that. My problem is that NOBODY in the mainstream media has taken Biden to task for anything at all. Maybe Trump is just irked at the hypocrisy.

Is Chris Wallace on MSNBC now? I seem to recall him giving Trump the third degree.

Of course I don't really have a problem with that. My problem is that NOBODY in the mainstream media has taken Biden to task for anything at all. Maybe Trump is just irked at the hypocrisy.
I wouldn't say that has been the case at all. They have taken Biden to task for some of his previous policy positions and comments such as the diversity of Hispanic and black voters. But when it comes to corruption, especially as it pertains foreign actors and entities Trump is in a class all by himself. Biden's tax returns, which he unlike Trump he fully released. Show that Biden has no financial interests in China. Whereas from the tax records of Mr Trump that have been gleaned thus far from media sources revealed that Trump had a secret Chinese Bank account from he and family businesses took many millions of dollars more in his first year as President than all the other previous years of its existence. What's up with that? Is Trump projecting his own transgressions onto Biden in order to detract attention to them?

He's not smart enough to make the conservative point?

I'm talking about the deck being stacked against Trump. 60 Minutes isn't exactly apolitical do you agree?

I'm just glad that we have a president that is tough as nails and savvy enough to beat people with words.

Biden gave a direct answer recently. One of the media crowd of half a dozen or so asked him what kind of milkshake he bought. He turned to them and bravely answered one chocolate and one vanilla.

What questions would you ask of Joe Biden if you had the opportunity? List them.

Biden gave a direct answer recently. One of the media crowd of half a dozen or so asked him what kind of milkshake he bought. He turned to them and bravely answered one chocolate and one vanilla.

Do you think Donald Trump never gets softball questions?

I'm talking about the deck being stacked against Trump. 60 Minutes isn't exactly apolitical do you agree?

What deck? What questions were unfair? What questions are unacceptable to ask of Donny?

Because all candidates for office have to show they can handle a few tough questions, and in trumps case he is desperate to bring people to his side, that childish behavior will only do more damage.

Because all candidates for office have to show they can handle a few tough questions, and in trumps case he is desperate to bring people to his side, that childish behavior will only do more damage.
He probably cut the interview short because he shit his pants.

He probably cut the interview short because he shit his pants.
Oh I doubt that he cares about that anymore, he probably doesn't even notice at this point. Good God, I would hate to work as his valet, ewwww.

You went and turned yourself into a political "hammer", and now you perceive center-right media types as "extreme left wing media types."

August, 2018
".... Survey respondents with different political views had different perceptions of the pervasiveness of bias in the news. For example, Democrats said they believe that just 44% of news on TV, in newspapers, and on the radio is biased, while Republicans said they believe 77% of it is biased. ...

Polled as the most biased news organization by respondents, Fox News earned a -87 bias score among Democrats and those who lean Democratic. But among Republicans and those who lean Republican, Fox News was polled as the least biased news organization, with a +3.
CBS News scored a +53 among Democrats and those who lean Democratic, while Republicans and those who lean Republican gave it a -58."

Back
Top Bottom